PDA

View Full Version : Water Damage To Cues, Insurance Q, etc.

Sid_Vicious
01-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Y'all know I had a flood, well I today discovered that the wood-to-wood shaft threads have swelled to point that you REALLY have to crank to assemble them, so I pointed it out to the adjuster and I'll have to get a yea/nea I guess from a builder as to whether they are usable. NEXT, the Porper case I use also, unknowing to me, sucked water in one segment and one of my OB1 shafts is very raised at the all wood ferrule and 3 inches or so down the shaft, DAMN!I believe I can claim all of them, a custom Gilbert shaft, a custom Woodworth(OB1 shaft), a split Jumpin' James jumper, and the Stealth wood-to-wood is swelled also, plus another or so I'mm surely missing right now.

Tell me, is the stubborn, swelled threads in the W-W shafts something which might simply work themselves out, or would you think they may split or deform more after being forced to fit? My idea is to take them to a builder for analysis and go from there, but I thought I'd get opinions here today...sid

Deeman3
01-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Sid,

You remind me of the little guy with the raincloud always over his head. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif I don't have many good recomendations except to tell you to start putting your cues and cases up higher. Were you storing them on the floor or did water get that high?

Deeman

Sid_Vicious
01-09-2006, 01:54 PM
A friend made me a homemade rack years ago with red felt covering it, and the water wicked up and over the dang thing, the shafts were joint-down resting on the felt base. The OB1 was in my Porper which was sitting aganst the wall and the end on the carpet apparently sucked up the moisture but I didn't realize it until today...sid

Drop1
01-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Insurance companies try to pay the minimum you will accept. I would imagine the damage exceeds small claims Court. I would consider every thing a total loss, and establish the amount,and send a letter to your insurance company,with attached copies,and tell them you expect them to act in good faith,without malfesence,and pay up,or go to court. Don't be a nice guy. I hope you got pictures.

supergreenman
01-10-2006, 09:12 AM
just curious, I'm sure there is a lot of things that got damaged other than your pool stuff, do you have separate riders on your cues? Those *(&(*% insurance companies can be such *&*&%$#s and I'm wondering if I should have extra coverage on my cues.

James

Sid_Vicious
01-10-2006, 10:11 AM
No rider insurance coverage, but State Farm replaced all of my stolen billiard stuff from a burglary back in the 1990s. I'll let you know what happens if it's negative...sid