PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Layani Cues

ryushen21
01-09-2006, 03:07 PM
I was looking through the Layani website and found several cues that I liked quite a bit. I'm not a huge fan of buying a cue without having hit with it or one by the same maker. No one around here has hardly even heard of Layani nonetheless played with one.

So I was just wondering if any of you guys out there had one or had played with one and could give some feedback on the hit, feel, and all that other good stuff.

Thanks

Scott Lee
01-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Matt...They're great quality cues, Matt! The cuemaker posts on here quite frequently, and there are some posters that play with his cues here too.

Scott

ryushen21
01-11-2006, 03:41 AM
Hey Scott....let me know the next time that you are in the Texas area. I definitely need another lesson.

I had heard the same stuff about Layani I just wanted to be sure before I made the investment.

Scott Lee
01-11-2006, 08:24 AM
Matt...Will do! I plan to be in TX for at least a couple of weeks, in April, as the trade show is in Houston...and I've got at least a dozen people who want lessons all over the state. Got to get things scheduled geographically, so I don't have to drive 2000 miles, criss-crossing the state! LOL See you then!

Scott

SpiderMan
01-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Will our "social director" be scheduling a get-together?

SpiderMan

ryushen21
01-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Scott...that sounds great. I am still in the DFW area and will be for while. I'm about to start teaching in schools here but I will definitely keep some days free.

SpiderMan...I don't know if our "Social Director" has anything planned. But this sounds like about as good a reason as any.

recoveryjones
01-11-2006, 07:41 PM
There are about 6 locals (including) myself who use Layani cues and everyone really likes them. Great balance, solid joint, solid hit and nice looking.

RJ

KGeeED
01-12-2006, 06:22 AM
Layani makes a great cue, good pricing and he stands behind his work. He is a friendly guy and easy to work with. A lot of cue for the money. They are not forgiving cues, they will play the shot exactly as you hit it, being that it will not compensate for your bad cueing.

SPetty
01-12-2006, 01:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Will our "social director" be scheduling a get-together?<hr /></blockquote>Who's our "social director"? If you can't find them, I'd be happy to have y'all out to PettyPoint if Scott drops by... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mungtor
01-12-2006, 03:27 PM
I have 2 Layani cues (one I use as a break cue) and I love both of them. The only other cue I would use is another Layani. They've ruined me for anything else. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee
01-12-2006, 09:34 PM
SPetty...There'd be NO way I'd come through DFW without a stop at "the best little pool house in TX" (and about anywhere else too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif)... Count Patti &amp; me IN!

Scott

ryushen21
01-13-2006, 01:09 AM
I'm definitely in for a little PettyPoint action. Count me in.

Snapshot9
01-13-2006, 07:25 AM
I would just like to add that I became interested
in learning more about this cuemaker awhile back,
so I found his website to look it over. I want
to say, as a retired Sr. Systems Analyst and Systems
developer, that his website impressed me with its
content and presentation. It is very well done,
and a pleasure to peruse. To me, that is a reflection
of him, and probably of his cuemaking abilities as
well.

Thierry Layani
01-13-2006, 03:40 PM
Thank you for the nice comments. It's always a pleasure to get this type of appreciation.

Thierry Layani
(and thanks to the others too of course!!)

Lipot
01-16-2014, 06:12 AM
I have 2 Layani cues (one I use as a break cue) and I love both of them. The only other cue I would use is another Layani. They've ruined me for anything else. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi,
I'm absolute new member here, and this thread is old enough, but anyway the reason I write here to ask a simlpe question, first of all to Mr. Layani, and all the Layani cue users. I have a Layani cue with 2 shifts. I'm absolute satisfied with them, the only problem I had when I changed the tip to another Layani tip. The origin tip was much more soft and flexible, and the new ones are much more rigid, hard, that I cannot even play with them. I have 2 collagues , they had the same experiences. I ask the manufacture (Layani)saying I bought them from Koozom, so they had Koozom to answer me, but the reply was nothing , they told me because the glue is different maybe, or so. But we used not even the same glue, and the glue itself cannot make such a big differences. So what can be the reason ?

Thanks in advance...

regards

Otto

enjoydgame
01-18-2014, 10:27 PM
One of my friend has a layani cue and he is very satisfied with its performance.

Lipot
01-20-2014, 02:34 AM
One of my friend has got a friend who heard sometime ago a tale coming from a galaxy far far away....