Drop1
01-09-2006, 08:47 PM
That is unless the Holy Spirit had DNA.

Deeman3
01-10-2006, 05:00 AM
Allah was a Wanker.

Drop1
01-10-2006, 10:23 AM
What the hell is a Wanker? Remember "Love thy neighbor as thou would love thy self" Book of John.

Cueless Joey
01-10-2006, 10:52 AM
How did St John circumsize her? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Drop1
01-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Carefully: Actually Jesus was a Jew,and Jewish boys are circumsized eight days after the day of their birth. There would be no reason that tradition would not be followed with Jesus. The search for the Historical Jesus started in the ninteenth century,and continues today. The spiritual Jesus is the creation of men,and none of the words attributed to Jesus are not found until the first writings about fifty A.D. There were many early Churches,and many pagans converted to Christianity without circumsizion. Some people have PM me regarding this post,saying they were offened. I can only say,God loves a Sinner,and do me a favor,and leave the judging to God,and don't PM me again. Back to the question of how did St.John circumsize Jesus,the answer is Jesus knew none of The three Johns mentioned in the Bible,when he was eight days old. Go figure.

Chopstick
01-10-2006, 02:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Some people have PM me regarding this post,saying they were offened. I can only say,God loves a Sinner,and do me a favor,and leave the judging to God,and don't PM me again. <hr /></blockquote>

Welcome to the United States of the Offended.

Cueless Joey
01-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Needless to say, this is a touchie subject. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Drop1
01-10-2006, 06:38 PM
I see my spelling has improved. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't know why in the light of present scientific knowledge it would be a touchy subject. Any individual is the result of both parents. Maybe Jesus only had one parent,either way without the y chromozone you get a woman,and any person with the most limited knowledge of genetics knows this. This should in no way impact the Faith of a person.

SpiderMan
01-10-2006, 09:08 PM
My theological knowledge is not the best - is Mary supposed to have been a biological mother? Or is Jesus assumed (by Christian scientists) to have been a man with neither Mary nor Joseph's DNA, ie implanted by God with Mary only as a surrogate?

SpiderMan

Drop1
01-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Good question. In the middle ages,Mary was depicted as being impregnated through the ear, other versions,and the one accepted by most Churches is the Holy Spirit hovered over Mary,and no physical contact was made. I think a reading of the books left out of the Bible,and discovered in Egypt,in 1945 gives us a better picture of Jesus,and followers I suggest the Book of Philip....Mag Hammadi Library.

Gayle in MD
01-11-2006, 09:15 AM
I'd be willing to bet that the PM's all came from Republicans, LOL.

Gayle in Md.....

catscradle
01-11-2006, 10:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> ... Some people have PM me regarding this post,saying they were offened.... <hr /></blockquote>

It's not offensive, only pointless.

catscradle
01-11-2006, 10:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I'd be willing to bet that the PM's all came from Republicans, LOL.

Gayle in Md..... <hr /></blockquote>

Why??? Don't you think some of Teddy Kennedy's good Irish catholic constituents might be offended? I suspect my mother-in-law would be.

Gayle in MD
01-11-2006, 10:43 AM
OH, so you're going to cover up for them, huh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in Md.

DebraLiStarr
01-11-2006, 01:25 PM
No Gayle, they came from me. Why, do you have a problem with that? Are you going to spout off at the mouth behind my back or come up with some insensitive, untrue, uneducated response which is typical of what you display in this forum? Probably. I hope my comments offend you and the others as the offense is intentional, yet sadly it is all true and it applies to you in particular.

It is one thing to make statements in a forum that are part of your views, but when they step over the line and offend people just to spark a reaction, it causes you to feel the way that you do right now as you read this. If what you write "might" be offensive, then if someone privately tells you so and expresses that .. respect their feelings, don't make a mockery of it. Got that Steve?(btw.. only dumb people that cant defend their position would do what you did... yes I noticed) I'm not ashamed of what I said to you or how I said it. I was being very open with you about my feelings. If you don't respect my felings, that says a lot about you, no matter how you try to deflect it back on me.

It seems to me that instead of being a place where we pass along jokes,or "discuss" things, this place has become a battleground to see what we can come up with to piss off the other side. If the people here are that insensitve to where they cannot respect the feelings of others, then so be it - wear that description proudly. I was being nice when I said things to people in private, and not in the forum. Go ahead and make nasty comments about me nAz,Drop1, Chopstick, Gayle (I expect ignorant people to do ignorant things)- because if you believe it is right to offend people for sport, then it shows how cold you really are. Many of these posts are just premeditated flame wars from people that need to boost their self esteem by putting others down. Yes nAz, I mean you. Gayle, you too. Drop1,you too. You want honesty and an opinion that would spark a reaction? You just got it. Save your meaningless responses for someone that actually cares about what you think.

nAz
01-11-2006, 01:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr>

It seems to me that instead of being a place where we pass along jokes,or "discuss" things, this place has become a battleground to see what we can come up with to piss off the other side. If the people here are that insensitve to where they cannot respect the feelings of others, then so be it - wear that description proudly. I was being nice when I said things to people in private, and not in the forum. Go ahead and make nasty comments about me nAz,Drop1, Chopstick, Gayle (I expect ignorant people to do ignorant things)- because if you believe it is right to offend people for sport, then it shows how cold you really are. Many of these posts are just premeditated flame wars from people that need to boost their self esteem by putting others down. Yes nAz, I mean you. Gayle, you too. Drop1,you too. You want honesty and an opinion that would spark a reaction? You just got it. Save your meaningless responses for someone that actually cares about what you think. <hr /></blockquote>

I thought you said you won't post here anymore? jeezzz!

I was never being nasty to you... but that will change. Debra do me a favor and leave me alone, cause not for nothing you are the last person to talk of sparking any "reaction" it seems to me that every forum you are a member or "guest" of you always seem to have a problem with someone or another. your making me wonder if all the things i have heard about you are true... either way i do not really care anymore, all your inane natterings are not funny to me anymore.
BTW this last post of yours proves that no matter how educated and smart someone thinks they me be, when you peel away those thin layers that make up their hi moral lives they are still just moronic tools.

Happy year of the dog... most fitting.

Drop1
01-11-2006, 01:50 PM
I have never mentioned you on a post,and I never will got that,and I will continue to post what I please. There is a thing called freedom of Religeous Expression. Not you,or anyone else can deny that to the people,or to me. I have no feelings about you, I don't know you, and I don't want to know you. Say what you like,that is your right. Grant the same right to others. I will not read your posts.

Gayle in MD
01-11-2006, 02:09 PM
LMAO...Hey Naz...just a note, I have never pmed DLS, nor have I have been pmed by DLS, nor do I know WTF she is talking about, nor do I care, lol. I thought this thread was pretty funny myself. Didn't think it was meant, or responded to, in a literal way, by anyone. Just some joking around?????????????????

Gayle in Md.

9 Ball Girl
01-11-2006, 02:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Needless to say, this is a touchie subject. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>A wanker, a touchy subject--what exactly are we talking about here?

Wendy&lt;---perverted minds want to know...

9 Ball Girl
01-11-2006, 02:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Good question. In the middle ages,Mary was depicted as being impregnated through the ear,<hr /></blockquote>So much for the old saying, "Oh my virgin ears!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DebraLiStarr
01-11-2006, 02:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> LMAO...Hey Naz...just a note, I have never pmed DLS, nor have I have been pmed by DLS, nor do I know WTF she is talking about, nor do I care, lol. I thought this thread was pretty funny myself. Didn't think it was meant, or responded to, in a literal way, by anyone. Just some joking around?????????????????

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Gayl, words cant describe your all knowing condescending attitude. You come across as rude and ignorant, I've never met you or spoken to you, so maybe I am wrong. I have sent you a Pm in the past, I forget what it was about, but you never responded, and I attributed it to your lack of interest in getting along with me. Whatever.

nAz... Most liars are cowards. The only reason I went over to to SoCal is because you posted something about me over there and it was brought to my attention. I had never been over there until I heard that you did that. I never had any problem with you until you made a post that I found offensive, and I contacted you and said... hey.. I wouldnt attack your beliefs like that, have some consideration... I guess that was too much to ask. Whatever.

drop1... I should post my PM to you so that people can see that I was very respectful when I contacted you privately, You took the opportunity to bring up the fact that I contacted you, you did it in this thread, basically said tough $hit, and then turned off your PM's. That shows you dont care about other people or their feelings. How dare you defend your right to say what you want and attack me for doing the same exact thing right now. Think about that until makes sense to you. You brought this up publicly when I tried to keep it private. You needed an audience for all of this so that you could feed your ego. Whatever.

In closing, I will address something you brought up nAz. I've had trouble people in forums before, but its usually because people have said something insensitive. Besides FL, who else, nAz? I never did that seriously - I inherited Fl as a problem. Some smart ass from this forum told Fast Larry I was Yapping Wolf (I WAS NOT YAPPIN WOLF)and I have had to deal with that for the last 2 years - relentlessly. The comments made to Fran when her Mom died were attributed to me. At the time I had just moved and did not have my internet hooked up - yet.. I still get blamed for that and I had nothing to do with it and I dont even know what ws said to her. Its easy for you to point fingers at me and say that about me, but what would you have done? Sure I had problems with Fran, but I would never do something like that, and when i came back to this forum, I apologized to Fran for any comments I had made in the past. My apology was ignored and never acknowledged despite the fact that I really meant it.

So that leads me to believe that its not worth it to try and "hang out" here. All I'm going to do is send a nice long letter to the admin, they can wipe their butt with it for all I care, but I stand up for what I believe is right, and I am not intimidated when you gang up on me. Cowards need to be part of a group... I can stand all by myself and handle myself just fine.. try it sometime.. it's great for character building.

Gayle in MD
01-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Frankly, I don't get what all the fuss is about, it was just JOKING, or so I thought???????????

Gayle in md.

nAz
01-11-2006, 03:50 PM
nAz... Most liars are cowards. The only reason I went over to to SoCal is because you posted something about me over there and it was brought to my attention. I had never been over there until I heard that you did that. I never had any problem with you until you made a post that I found offensive, <hr /></blockquote>

WTF are you talking about???? I know i should just ignore you like everyone else but... Socal?? what post? go get it and re post it here... unless well your full of $hit and your making it up to satisfied some deep rooted problems you may have.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr>"So that leads me to believe that its not worth it to try and "hang out" here." <hr /></blockquote>

your still here? i hope the door hits your arse on the way out.

Bwahahahaaaa

err one more thing I hope next time you break (if you even play pool that is) the cue ball hits the 1b bounces back and hits you in the head. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

DebraLiStarr
01-11-2006, 04:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr>
nAz... Most liars are cowards. The only reason I went over to to SoCal is because you posted something about me over there and it was brought to my attention. I had never been over there until I heard that you did that. I never had any problem with you until you made a post that I found offensive, <hr /></blockquote>

WTF are you talking about???? I know i should just ignore you like everyone else but... Socal?? what post? go get it and re post it here... unless well your full of $hit and your making it up to satisfied some deep rooted problems you may have.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr>"So that leads me to believe that its not worth it to try and "hang out" here." <hr /></blockquote>

your still here? i hope the door hits your arse on the way out.

Bwahahahaaaa

err one more thing I hope next time you break (if you even play pool that is) the cue ball hits the 1b bounces back and hits you in the head. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hey nAz... G.F.Y. - you need the love!!!

Gayle in MD
01-11-2006, 04:38 PM
????????????? Just want to reiterate, I absolutely have never pm'ed DLS, nor have I ever received a pm from DLS. If you know what this BS is all about, please tell me, cause I don't have a clue, LOL.

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

HarryDC
01-11-2006, 04:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Needless to say, this is a touchie subject. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>A wanker, a touchy subject--what exactly are we talking about here?

Wendy&lt;---perverted minds want to know... <hr /></blockquote>

Wendy

WANKER: noun Brit. vulgar slang a stupid or contemptible person. Cheers /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

9 Ball Girl
01-11-2006, 07:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HarryDC:</font><hr>Wendy

WANKER: noun Brit. vulgar slang a stupid or contemptible person. Cheers /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

<hr /></blockquote>Thanks Harry! In my denerate head I was thinking wanker was like a yanker. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Drop1
01-11-2006, 09:26 PM
The only person to mention you in this thread was you. As I said before I don't know you,and don't care to know you,and that is why I turned off the PM. Please do publish that post.

DebraLiStarr
01-11-2006, 10:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> The only person to mention you in this thread was you. As I said before I don't know you,and don't care to know you,and that is why I turned off the PM. Please do publish that post. <hr /></blockquote>

Well... Stephen, I don't owe you any favors, now do I? I think not. You see... If I don't post what I wrote to you, you can continue to pretend that I went off on you in private, and we both know that's not true, don't we? Given your response in this thread to my PM, it would seem as if I went off on you, judged you, chastised you, or insulted you. That never happened. All I asked for was consideration, and I did it politely. Now you are asking me not to post that message. Why is that? If I do post it, I expose the fact that it was you that took the low road here. If I don't post it, people are going to scratch their heads and wonder why I am upset at what you said about my PM. I would also like to say that in the past I have never had a problem with you. We have communicated before with no problems whatsoever. When I wrote this to you, I expected that you would reconsider because I was offended by the nature of your post. Friends understand. Yes I considered you a friend since we had corresponded, and you had signed the guestbook at my homepage. I expected that when you read this you would understand why I was upset. Your response to my PM was...
"Some people have PM me regarding this post,saying they were offened. I can only say,God loves a Sinner,and do me a favor,and leave the judging to God,and don't PM me again."

At first I didn't know how to react to that so I didnt. There were a couple of more posts that were IMO ... uncalled for in response to what YOU wrote about my PM...

Instead of contacting the admin and saying something I tried to express the way I felt by PM'ing some of those people... In the future... I won't do that because there are certain people here that obviously dont mind offending people. Anyway... like I said... I owe you no favors... you have no class.. you have no manners... you had no reason to say that to me in this thread... if you were upset.. you could have responded to me privately, I would have called you on the phone and we could have talked about it like adults... you chose to crap all over that. I am not ashamed of what I wrote to you... I WROTE IT... and I don't believe it deserved that type of response which lead to Chopstick's response and others that chimed in... ignorant to the fact that I was polite when I wrote to you.

anyway... here is my offensive, mean, cruel, judgmental, psycho message to you unedited...

"Stephen,
We've always been cool with each other, right? Well... I have been really offended by some of your anti-Christian posts lately. Not just a little... a lot, Its disrespectful when you attack someone's beliefs. Its disrespectful when you hurt people's feelings and degrade them because of who they are. The nicest way i can approach you is like this and ask you to have some consideration. If not, then I guess you have no consideration for my feelings...and btw... you made some comments directed at me in another thread that nAz started... I never tought you were a jerk like that - I was shocked. I'm not saying youre a bad person because you say these things, or that you are a bad person because you dont share my beliefs. That is none of my business. I just dont like being offended for sport. Thats what this feels like. If I was stupid and ignorant, I could find something that would offend you and push it to the limit. I'm not going to do that. I am just asking nicely for you to have some consideration. If you take offense to this message, please understand that I am doing this because I am trying to communicate rationally with you away from the forums. I will say that I am about to start reporting the offensive threads to the moderators of the forum. I dont want to do that at all, but its getting persistent, and frustrating t have to see some of those posts. I'd rather just ask you to stop, and for you in return to respect my feelings. nAz didnt do that, in fact he insulted me even more. Thats not necessary. Please consider what I have said.

Debra Li"

I was being honest with you because I wanted to avoid all of this crap, but obviously this thread was more important to you. You claim your right to free speech. Your rights end when someone else's rights are infringed upon. All I asked for was consideration, and you refused. You asked me not to post my PM... and I returned the favor.

SpiderMan
01-12-2006, 08:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote HarryDC:</font><hr>Wendy

<hr /></blockquote>Thanks Harry! In my denerate head I was thinking wanker was like a yanker. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

That would be anyone northeast of Memphis /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Qtec
01-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Oct 5 2005

Catholic Church no longer swears by truth of the Bible
By Ruth Gledhill, Religion Correspondent

THE hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church has published a teaching document instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true.

The Catholic bishops of England, Wales and Scotland are warning their five million worshippers, as well as any others drawn to the study of scripture, that they should not expect “total accuracy” from the Bible.

“We should not expect to find in Scripture full scientific accuracy or complete historical precision,” they say in The Gift of Scripture.

The document is timely, coming as it does amid the rise of the religious Right, in particular in the US.

Some Christians want a literal interpretation of the story of creation, as told in Genesis, taught alongside Darwin’s theory of evolution in schools, believing “intelligent design” to be an equally plausible theory of how the world began.

But the first 11 chapters of Genesis, in which two different and at times conflicting stories of creation are told, are among those that this country’s Catholic bishops insist cannot be “historical”. At most, they say, they may contain “historical traces”.

The document shows how far the Catholic Church has come since the 17th century, when Galileo was condemned as a heretic for flouting a near-universal belief in the divine inspiration of the Bible by advocating the Copernican view of the solar system. Only a century ago, Pope Pius X condemned Modernist Catholic scholars who adapted historical-critical methods of analysing ancient literature to the Bible.

In the document, the bishops acknowledge their debt to biblical scholars. They say the Bible must be approached in the knowledge that it is “God’s word expressed in human language” and that proper acknowledgement should be given both to the word of God and its human dimensions.

They say the Church must offer the gospel in ways “appropriate to changing times, intelligible and attractive to our contemporaries”.

The Bible is true in passages relating to human salvation, they say, but continue: “We should not expect total accuracy from the Bible in other, secular matters.”

They go on to condemn fundamentalism for its “intransigent intolerance” and to warn of “significant dangers” involved in a fundamentalist approach.

“Such an approach is dangerous, for example, when people of one nation or group see in the Bible a mandate for their own superiority, and even consider themselves permitted by the Bible to use violence against others.”

Of the notorious anti-Jewish curse in Matthew 27:25, “His blood be on us and on our children”, a passage used to justify centuries of anti-Semitism, the bishops say these and other words must never be used again as a pretext to treat Jewish people with contempt. Describing this passage as an example of dramatic exaggeration, the bishops say they have had “tragic consequences” in encouraging hatred and persecution. “The attitudes and language of first-century quarrels between Jews and Jewish Christians should never again be emulated in relations between Jews and Christians.”

As examples of passages not to be taken literally, the bishops cite the early chapters of Genesis, comparing them with early creation legends from other cultures, especially from the ancient East. The bishops say it is clear that the primary purpose of these chapters was to provide religious teaching and that they could not be described as historical writing.

Similarly, they refute the apocalyptic prophecies of Revelation, the last book of the Christian Bible, in which the writer describes the work of the risen Jesus, the death of the Beast and the wedding feast of Christ the Lamb.

The bishops say: “Such symbolic language must be respected for what it is, and is not to be interpreted literally. We should not expect to discover in this book details about the end of the world, about how many will be saved and about when the end will come.”

In their foreword to the teaching document, the two most senior Catholics of the land, Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O’Connor, Archbishop of Westminster, and Cardinal Keith O’Brien, Archbishop of St Andrew’s and Edinburgh, explain its context.

They say people today are searching for what is worthwhile, what has real value, what can be trusted and what is really true.

The new teaching has been issued as part of the 40th anniversary celebrations of Dei Verbum, the Second Vatican Council document explaining the place of Scripture in revelation. In the past 40 years, Catholics have learnt more than ever before to cherish the Bible. “We have rediscovered the Bible as a precious treasure, both ancient and ever new.”

A Christian charity is sending a film about the Christmas story to every primary school in Britain after hearing of a young boy who asked his teacher why Mary and Joseph had named their baby after a swear word. The Breakout Trust raised £200,000 to make the 30-minute animated film, It’s a Boy. Steve Legg, head of the charity, said: “There are over 12 million children in the UK and only 756,000 of them go to church regularly.

That leaves a staggering number who are probably not receiving basic Christian teaching.”

BELIEVE IT OR NOT

UNTRUE

Genesis ii, 21-22

So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept he took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh; and the rib which the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man

Genesis iii, 16

God said to the woman [after she was beguiled by the serpent]: “I will greatly multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.”

Matthew xxvii, 25

The words of the crowd: “His blood be on us and on our children.”

Revelation xix,20

And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had worked the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshipped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with brimstone.”

TRUE

Exodus iii, 14

God reveals himself to Moses as: “I am who I am.”

Leviticus xxvi,12

“I will be your God, and you shall be my people.”

Exodus xx,1-17

The Ten Commandments

Matthew v,7

The Sermon on the Mount

Mark viii,29

Peter declares Jesus to be the Christ

Luke i

The Virgin Birth

John xx,28

Proof of bodily resurrection

Q............

Drop1
01-12-2006, 11:36 AM
You should be named Patron Saint of the Ignorant,and the offended. Look at my post again. It says please post my P.M. you only see what you want to see. You probably don't know there is a feminist movement in the Church questioning the Gender of Jesus,because you are ignorant,you probably don't know the Trinity came into being in the Fourth century,because you are ignorant,you have never taken the time to establish any core of knowledge,let alone read the Bible,because you are ignorant. You think my post was directed to you, because you only see yourself,and no others. None of what I said was directed to you,so stop playing your silly little games saying they were. You are in every sense of the word self centered. There were people who read the post,and said simply,they were not offended,but thought it pointless. Compare that response to yours,if you can. Their's was a mature response that I can respect. In your response,there is only the twisted paronia of a person that lives on hate,but claims love. Now can you understand why what you say means zero to anyone. [Oh Patron Saint of the Ignorant,and the Offended.]

Chopstick
01-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Don't include me in your little self induced soap opera.

My statement in this thread has nothing to do with religious beliefs. It is a statement on the current trend in human behavior. Being offended is a conscious decision. It is a decision that people are all too ready to make before anything is said on any subject. It is a trend that appears to be increasing as time passes.

Every year there is a new PC term or thought process that we are called upon to practice for fear of committing some theoretical offense. This behavior is increasing. Are the number of offenses increasing? I doubt it. Are people going out and finding more and more things to be offended about? Yes, they are, until finally we have indeed become, as you have so graphically demonstrated, the United States of the Offended.

My only response to your inane PM was what are you talking about? I didn't get an explanation. All I got was another nonsensical rant. I no longer care what you are talking about. I do not wish to hear from or about you again.

nAz
01-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Bwahahaha Burp!

DebraLiStarr
01-13-2006, 12:15 AM
Drop1... you could have responded to me like an adult, You basically told me to go to hell and you did it in the forum. I did not bring this into the froum, you did. All I asked was for some consideration. Everybody knows that topics such as this are touchy to some people, and that some might be offended by the title of this thread. If you arent smart enough to realize that, you have a problem. I contacted you privately, you came on here and told me to stop PM ing you (why would you do that unless you wanted this to happen?) ... My message speaks for itself. I was not rude to you, I was only asking that you have some consideration. Obviously you are incapable of that.

Chopstick... the only reason I wrote that to you was to show you how certain things can be offensive. Obviously it pissed you off, which was not my intention. You can attack me all you want, but the fact remains that I contacted drop1 privately and all of sudden my private message was the topic of conversation here in the forum... That's his fault, not mine. I responded to this thread because to you guys it was a big joke that someone was offended. Wow.. I really want to drive up there to play pool with you now.. what are you going to do when I show up? Call me a gook and talk about Chinese Buffets and Kung Fu while you discount my beliefs and make light of the fact that I show a response??? It doesnt matter whether or not YOU think I should have been offended.. the fact is that I was... and instead of notifying the admin, or saying something in the forum.. I contacted them privately. That is what happened. You can shrug it off all you want, it just shows you are incapable of coming up with any response other than saying that my feelings arent valid. That says a lot about your character right there.

nAz, you're a child.You want to keep this going back and forth... but the fact is... YOU started this nasty dialogue, I didn't. You want to be able to speak your mind against Christians, yet you protest my right to speak my mind. If you would like nAz, I have some very uncomplimentary things that I can post that will send YOU into a tirade. Should I post these things? NO. Why? Because I understand that doing so would not only offend you, but possibly others as well - whether it be intentionally or unintentionally, or whether or not I authored the offensive comments. The difference between you and I, is you don't care if you offend anybody as long you get to say whatever you want. All I am saying is that the posts were inflamatory and offensive (to me) I contacted you privately and it really wasnt a big deal.. but... in response - you basically dismissed me... and said you'd write whatever you want - whether or not I was offended.. well fine.. .. I was offended. If you're not man enough to apologize (and I don't think that you are), then leave it that, and go about your business. It just shows that offending somebody was your sole intention in the first place.

nAz
01-13-2006, 01:59 AM
nAz, you're a child.You want to keep this going back and forth... but the fact is... YOU started this nasty dialogue, I didn't. You want to be able to speak your mind against Christians, yet you protest my right to speak my mind. If you would like nAz, I have some very uncomplimentary things that I can post that will send YOU into a tirade. Should I post these things? NO. Why? Because I understand that doing so would not only offend you, but possibly others as well - whether it be intentionally or unintentionally, or whether or not I authored the offensive comments. The difference between you and I, is you don't care if you offend anybody as long you get to say whatever you want. All I am saying is that the posts were inflamatory and offensive (to me) I contacted you privately and it really wasnt a big deal.. but... in response - you basically dismissed me... and said you'd write whatever you want - whether or not I was offended.. well fine.. .. I was offended. If you're not man enough to apologize (and I don't think that you are), then leave it that, and go about your business. It just shows that offending somebody was your sole intention in the first place. <hr /></blockquote>

WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa your still here? I hate when "people" cry that they are never coming back yet still stick around like a common garden weed. it vexes me no end.

you want an apology? ok I'm sorry you don't get it and I'm sorry your still here.

I still do not know what was wrong with that post, how is it offensive? wait never mind don't answer that, i am already wasting too much time and bandwidth on you.

I will pray to Jesus that you leave me alone and that he/she will give the doctors that are treating you the wisdom to up the dosages of the Meds your on or should be on.

OK this the last time i will ever reply to you or any of you comments your not going to mess with me like you did to the great FL and others. have a great life.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

wolfdancer
01-13-2006, 02:06 AM
What I find offensive about the post, is that to make some "cutesy" point , you went ahead and posted it, knowing that some people here have strong religious convictions, and that they would take offense. The post itself, both challenges and ridicules these beliefs.
I have my own struggle in believing in the God concept.....but only have admiration for anybody that truly believes, and makes their life decisions based on their religious convictions...many of which approach the human ideal....we all seem to have a conscience.....just a by-product of evolution??? I don't know
While the concept of the Virgin birth may not be accepted by many...I'm sure that were it true, Jesus would have been in totality, a human, and a man.
He wouldn't have been just a cloning experiment........

Gayle in MD
01-13-2006, 06:19 AM
The only problem I have with organized religion in general is that it is the basis for discrimination against women, and it's teachings degrade women in general, IMO, the many Wars it seems to create, and the way religious people are always trying to get their opinions made into laws that everyone else has to follow, regardless of their own personal beliefs, and also, I have a big problem with political parties using religious organizations in elections to mask the pressing issues that should be the main focus of our attention as a nation, oh, and also, I don't think businesses, such as organized religion, should get a bye on their taxes, either! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md.

9 Ball Girl
01-13-2006, 08:48 AM
My only prob with religion are the ones that knock on my door and try to push their beliefs on me. I have no qualms with people's beliefs, but that sort of thing bothers me. Now I think we should all get down on our knees and do what we do best.

<font color="red">Disclaimer: That's just me being a degenerate. Please take no offense.</font color>

Gayle in MD
01-13-2006, 09:02 AM
AH HA HA HA......Well, I probably do that better than I shoot pool, lol.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SpiderMan
01-13-2006, 09:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> AH HA HA HA......Well, I probably do that better than I shoot pool, lol.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

DebraLiStarr
01-13-2006, 10:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> My only prob with religion are the ones that knock on my door and try to push their beliefs on me. I have no qualms with people's beliefs, but that sort of thing bothers me. Now I think we should all get down on our knees and do what we do best.

<font color="red">Disclaimer: That's just me being a degenerate. Please take no offense.</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Wendy, you sex-crazed B word,
Not offended, you're a proud H word and the only person that sends me e-mails with cartoon porn. rotflmao... btw... can you spare one of those Hall's lozenges???

Chopstick
01-13-2006, 10:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> AH HA HA HA......Well, I probably do that better than I shoot pool, lol.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote> http://www.auntiemomo.com/samuraijack/ep9/28_small.jpg

Hey 9bawlgurl.......<font color="blue">BOOYA!</font color>

9 Ball Girl
01-13-2006, 12:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr>http://www.auntiemomo.com/samuraijack/ep9/28_small.jpg<hr /></blockquote>Hey Chopstick, I don't know what that pic is but if "x" marks the spot then we're good to go! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
01-13-2006, 12:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr>Wendy, you sex-crazed B word <hr /></blockquote>What can I say? My brain is like that of a man. Healthy!

http://media1.funnyjunk.com/pics/malebrain.gif

Boy, this thread has taken a different turn!

Drop1
01-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Guilty as charged.

Gayle in MD
01-14-2006, 07:01 AM
Stephen,
For what it's worth, I don't see anything ofensive about this post. People debate all the time about Jesus and the Bible.

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
01-14-2006, 12:03 PM
And with a great deal of passion. I think the accused should be allowed to make a plea before the trial,and not after.

wolfdancer
01-14-2006, 04:35 PM
the post is self-contradictory. If one believes that the Holy Ghost can impregnate a Virgin, then one would also have to believe he could add a little DNA......or "put a stem on the apple" as Mr. Cosby would say.
If you believe that Jesus could have been a woman, instead of a man....then you could also believe that he wasn't blonde and blue eyed. Heresy......you'll both burn in....

Drop1
01-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Are you saying Jesus does not look like Mel Gibson,as the 13th century letter from France to the Vatican would have us believe. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif