PDA

View Full Version : Meeting CCBers face to face

MikeM
06-29-2002, 08:46 AM
I spent a great afternoon and evening yesterday at Champions in Arlington, VA. I got there around 4 and found Dr. D drilling away. What a classy lady. We had a very nice time. We eventually started playing nine ball, rack after rack. Don't leave a jump for Diana, she's deadly with the Bunjee and downright nasty with her safeties. She does still speak very highly of her X, Ken ;>).

I also met Lester. Seems like a real nice person. Wish we had a chance to hit a few Lester, maybe next time. I watched Lester playing in the front room against one of the locals for a few minutes. The first shot I saw him make was a very long jump shot which he drilled into the far corner. I think I'll keep my money in my pocket if I play Lester!

Dr. D's mystery guest got in around 6:30. I won't reveal her identity yet, but will say she is a sweet, charming lady. Had some very nice conversation with her.

Around 9:30 or so, Lorri and her boyfriend Carl rolled in. Definitely a pair of love birds. I was very psyched to finally meet Lorri. She was everything I expected. Had a drink with her while she let Carl take a few games from her.

Hey Nostroke, Lorri told me that was you with Jennifer and Liz. Dr. D and I were right across from y'all on table 12. You should have come over and said hi. You definitely should have introduced me to Liz and Jennifer! Nice company to keep on a Friday night!

A blast of an evening. Getting to meet our fellow posters in person makes the CCB experience even more special.

MM

PQQLK9
06-29-2002, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the report Mike...having played at that room several times I have a good mental picture of the events...

06-29-2002, 07:17 PM
Hey Mike! Carl says he let me win, 'cause he's just that nice a guy! /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif I won't tell him if you don't!

Chris Cass
06-29-2002, 08:29 PM
Hi Lori,

I just don't get it. These guys out there can't and won't admit they lost to a woman. They won't entertain the thought of losing to a woman, in front of other men. Me, I would just admit it. I watched a guy get beat badly by a woman last week in a tourney. The guy was swearing and going off as she calmly drilled his cherry a$$.

I over heard him tell another guy how this, bitch beat him. Little did he know her husband, crushed a new piece of Masters into powder hearing it. He then, took all his internal power to calm down. So, his wife wouldn't have nothing but pool on her mind. Boy, is this guy going to eat his words later.

Now days many women and young children too, are playing strong. These men who aren't ready to give up there egotistical, self centered, view of the opposite sex bringing a game to the table, will soon get used to it or suffer the consequences. IMO

Regards,

C.C.~~proud of you Lori...(please excuse my potty mouth, I'm Italian and also a Scorpio.)

06-29-2002, 08:40 PM
A fellow wop, too cool! That stuff is exactly why I don't play in the bar leagues anymore. I got a little tired of people jumping across tables at my throat, and one of my team mates had to get in the way once..... it gets ugly. But really, Carl isn't like that. Attitudes around here are changing. I overheard a conversation about Megan Smith one day that you would have loved. Two guys were talking about her cleaning out their room with genuine admiration in their voices. One guy went so far as to say, "Yeah, I see a girl coming through the door looking for action now, I want weight to even think about playing her!" I think that's cool. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Chris Cass
06-29-2002, 08:59 PM
Hi Lorri,

I gathered that by your post but had to vent, I guess. This was in the ph. LOL I can't believe it. It's like 2002 and these women are ready to rule. Forget about the kitchen and babies. Grab a cue and get a clue. LOLLOLLOL

My Best,

C.C.~~never lost to a girl but, would like to. hahahaha Just kidding about, the like to part. LOLLOL if I ever do, I'll give her the thumbs up in front of everyone, and remind her everytime I see her, that I need weight. hahaha

cheesemouse
06-29-2002, 09:48 PM
Chris,
I've had the opportunity to play two strong women players in tournament matches. I had always wondered how I would react if I lost. Unfortunatly I didn't find out. LOL. I will admit something though if they would have play their speed they had me cause I was seriously dogging my brains out but neither of them closed the deal so I still have that nightmare to face. I love the ladies with cues, they just have an attitude that is becoming to me and the sport....
Chris, with all this table time your getting you must be a monster by now, huh. Race to three, one on the wire and you rack'm....chuckles..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Voodoo Daddy
06-30-2002, 02:31 AM
In September, around the 25th (the day after my B-Day) or so I will be meeting many CCB'ers. Man, I hope they are ready for me...HAHAHAHAHA

Voodoo

Lester
06-30-2002, 05:10 AM
Hi Mike, it was great meeting you "face to face". If I hadn't had to leave I would have loved to play you some. As it was, I had to sit in an hour long parking lot on 395 east of DC. I kept thinking that I should have stayed longer and missed the traffic. I enjoyed meeting Dr. D as well, she was as personable as her posts are. Even after driving all the way from New York. ***Lester***

Rich R.
06-30-2002, 05:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> In September, around the 25th (the day after my B-Day) or so I will be meeting many CCB'ers. Man, I hope they are ready for me...HAHAHAHAHA

Voodoo <hr></blockquote>
I'm looking forward to meeting you, and Kato, but I don't know if I'm ready. LMAO. Rich R.

06-30-2002, 10:53 AM
Mike, I've had the opportunity to meet numerous CCB regulars, both at tournament venues as well as those that have gone out of their way to visit our room here. It's always a pleasure to attach a face with a name - and we usually feel like we already know each other.

I'm looking forward to an upcoming visit by Dr. D and a few other NEWT tour players who are taking a pitstop by our room here in Boone, NC for an evening practice session on their way to the WPBA Amateur Nationals in Athens, GA next week. Also anticipating a hopeful visit soon by Melissa in CA (just placed 5th in BCA Open at Vegas and earned her touring pro status) - who'll be visiting relatives in Charlotte and hopes to make it up here for some practice - can't wait. Curious to see how they handle our "tight" pocket table! - Chris in NC

06-30-2002, 12:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr>

When every person in the room roots against you, you know you're special

Voodoo <hr></blockquote>

Either that, or you know you're Earl Strickland! LOL /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Vagabond
06-30-2002, 12:44 PM
Howdy folks,
In champion billiards I ordered Steak rap.I donot have appropriate words to describe and all I could say is that it hit all my pleasure points and look forward to go there just to eat it again.
I saw Dr.D playing.She is a good shot maker.Her approach to the table/shot is more of the style of Allison( Dr.D mentioned on this board that she was coached/trained by Gerda.
I never said hello to the other CCB members except one.I reckoned the AZ Billiard`s prolific poster,Harry Gremlin,and I did not remove my mask. Champion Billiards is a nice place.Cheers
Vagabond

06-30-2002, 12:49 PM
Champions in Arlington is nothing compared to Champions in Laurel! Laurel rules!

Vagabond
06-30-2002, 12:58 PM
Howdy Lori,
Do they have Steak rap there?
Vagabond

06-30-2002, 01:00 PM
But of course, mon ami! IMO, the food and layout are far superior.

PQQLK9
06-30-2002, 01:30 PM
And they usually have live music on week-ends in Laurel....Oh the one in Rockville is pretty good also...IMO Arington is the Budget place.

06-30-2002, 01:34 PM
Definately! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

06-30-2002, 02:11 PM
Why the aliases?How childish and lame is it.You are definatly the same stalker of KarenCorr/Sarah Ellerby/etc/.
I know you can be anyone you want on the internet but this is getting old and is WEIRD.You are a quirky little guy.

Barbara
06-30-2002, 02:29 PM
I agree Lorri! Champions in Laurel ROCKS!!!

I also had the pleasure of being introduced to Vagabond in Vegas by Fran Crimi.

Sorry you didn't fare well last weekend, there's always another tourny to be conquered.

Barbara~~~dropping like a stone in the rankings...

Doctor_D
06-30-2002, 02:37 PM
Good evening:

Arlington was a blast, especially meeting Lester and Mike M. !!! Thank-you Mike, not only for the pleasure of your company and many challenging games of 9 Ball but, your generousity as well. You sir, are one class act.

Thank-you as well to Rich R. and his wife for your good company. Always a pleausre to share some time, conversation and table time, with you and your wife.

Lester, it was a pleasure. Next time, stick around ahwile.

Vagabond, thank-you for the kind sentiments. Hope to meet you one day soon.

Dr. D.

CarolNYC
06-30-2002, 02:43 PM
Hey,
I didnt get a chance to meet all who were there! Where was everyone?
And Barb, your droppping in points cause you took away mine!ha ha ha(only kidding)
I took 13th in Virginia-NEXT!
Have a great day!
Carol

Karatemom
06-30-2002, 02:52 PM
Hi Lorri! In the match I played last week, I think I was more nervous playing him than he was of me. I have seen guys just gag because they're playing a woman. If they can't handle it, so be it. They'll have to get used to it.

This guy was a jerk, and regardless of what he said about me, the others shooters in the ph know how I play and what kind of person I am. They don't take other's word for it.

There really aren't very many women out here that shoot that the guys look out for. But there are a couple that can put the fear of God in them, just by their attitude on and off the table.

Heide ~ can't wait for the day when a man wants weight from me!! lol

Barbara
06-30-2002, 02:58 PM
Carol, when we met up at the Splash bar before we all went out to dinner at Circus Circus was when Fran grabbed Vagabond and brought him over to intro to me!

I already knew who he was - I spied him eating dinner with Ming Ng the previous year at the Italian restaurant at the Riv.

So how are you doing with the standings in the CAT tour, you points hound, you??!!

Barbara~~~not letting Carol off the negative hook for a while!!

CarolNYC
06-30-2002, 03:08 PM

JimS
06-30-2002, 03:10 PM
Love your new tag line Lorri!! I hope I can remember it when the time comes. Sometimes it gets difficult to let intellect guide emotions rather than letting the emotions spit stuff out..at least that's true for this unmanagable brat.

CarolNYC
06-30-2002, 03:10 PM
Hey Barb,
Im trying to picture him, but I cant-Oh what a good time at Circus circus-that was the best!
As for the Cat-I think I just dropped from 5th to 7th, provided they DO NOT TAKE AWAY MY POINTS!ha ha ha ha
See you soon!Had a great time-Karen won the Joss cue,Ellie the pechauer!NEXT! on to the NYState-cant wait!
have a very nice day!
Carol~considering doing Barbs windows!:)

Barbara
06-30-2002, 03:24 PM
Carol,

What?? No Pros at the event?? I would've figured that some of the SC contingent would've come up since they made Laurel for the MD Champs.

Looks like I may not be at NY State Champs. My family is having a reunion that weekend and celebrating my folk's 54th wedding anniversary.

Barbara~~~opening line from Mom - "Let me tell you what your Father just did."....

CarolNYC
06-30-2002, 03:33 PM
Hey Barb,
The only TP was Romana-isnt that odd?
Carol

Chris Cass
06-30-2002, 05:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr>
I also had the pleasure of being introduced to Vagabond in Vegas by Fran Crimi.

Barbara~~~dropping like a stone in the rankings... <hr></blockquote>

Hi Barbara,

Is Vegabond a woman or a man. Just curious, I find Vegabond know's a lot of what going on in a lot of different places. Might have to make Vega my new Field Operative. Not to replace you but to compliment your investigative skills. LOL

Also, to you. Keep your chin up. Sometimes, it takes going 1 step back to jump 2 steps forward.

Congrat's to Karen but I'm still waiting to see Mrs. Lipski and Carol, let that game out. We all know it's there, no doubt. In any event, glad to see women having fun and competing. Vegas only a yr. away, and trying to get the Cass family ready for action. Two of them are going good. One has a lot of work to compete in the Masters.

Regards,

C.C.~~believe's Barbara will move up soon.

Barbara
06-30-2002, 05:31 PM
Hey Boss!

Sorry you weren't privy to meet Vagabond, but only so many of us are. Hahahaha!! This is why you can never peel me off as your #1 Operative. And I'll never you know how clueless I am sometimes!!! LOL!!

Barbara~~~clueless but sneaky.... BTW, who's Vega?? Man or Woman??? (jealous...jealous...must control fist of death...)

06-30-2002, 09:27 PM
I know, but I'm not telling! LOL I'll lift the mask when Vag says it's okay, and not a moment sooner (unless Barb wants to massage my points, that is! LOL)

06-30-2002, 09:28 PM
Sounds like you and I are kindred spirits Jim! Except I don't put that tight a rein on my mouth, LOL

06-30-2002, 09:35 PM
Your subject line is disgusting, and you couldn't be more wrong. Vagabond is a kind and cultured gentleman, and deserves far better than your crude and childish comments. I've said it privately, and now I'll say it publicly, Vagabond is NOT DCHarry/Gremlin/a stalker. And that's all you'll get out of me! By the way, don't you think you're being more than just a little hypocritical about folks using nicknames, Mr. Anonymous?

06-30-2002, 09:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr>
unless Barb wants to massage my points, that is! LOL) <hr></blockquote>

i just want to say that i feel deeply that it is worse than terrible and disgusting the way some people take parts of messages completely out of context and come up with a meaning that was not, of course, apparent to or even thought of, by the author.

dan...disgusting practice.

06-30-2002, 09:41 PM
You're killing me Dan. LMAO

CarolNYC
07-01-2002, 07:45 AM
Hang on to your britches there,Lady-dont let that get to you! Those of us who know Harry, know he is a dear,kind, gentle soul who has a passion for womens pool and a wonderful set of photographic equipment-he stays to himself at tourneys and snaps away, without being noticed-he has given me disks of myself shooting, which I am grateful for-people are allowed to voice their opinion-harry knows we know who he is and what he's made of!
Just stay cool!
Carol~likes Harry!

Rich R.
07-01-2002, 07:46 AM
Dr. D it is always a pleasure when Cathy and I get to spend some time with you. We are looking forward to the next time.
Rich R.~~~your mystery guest was a delight.

07-01-2002, 08:13 AM
I guess there are two different interpretations of your post here. I'll take the serious one.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. It's been done to me and it's frustrating as hell to see someone "borrow" something from your quote, fully intending to bring a completely different meaning to it.

My response to that is, go find your own damned words.

Fran

07-01-2002, 08:25 AM

Rich R.
07-01-2002, 08:47 AM
My wife and I were there Saturday afternoon, Vagabond, and I would have loved to meet you. Maybe next time. Your secret identity would be safe with me, I assure you. Rich R.

Rich R.
07-01-2002, 08:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> On my way down Saturday afternoon, my car overheated while stuck in that traffic on 95 north. Sorry I missed you guys. Maybe next time. <hr></blockquote>
I look forward to it. Rich R.

HarryDC
07-01-2002, 04:51 PM
Vagabond,

It was nice saying hello to you but you left on your mask and missed a pint. But what do think? I have three photos of you. he he he If you are so rude as to not say hello to the CCB crowd at the next tournament you attend I will send your photo to every member. In fact I will even make a wanted poster of you and send it to every pool establishment on the east coast.

Cheers,

HarryDC

Chris Cass
07-01-2002, 05:27 PM
HAHAHAHAHA
Get 'em Harry.

Regards,

C.C.~~LMAO

07-01-2002, 06:16 PM
Carol, I know everyone believes Harry is Vagabond, but I assure you he is NOT! My post was in defense of a man I didn't realize until Saturday I know and admire. While I'm sure Harry is a lovely person, the truth is I have only exchanged polite smiles with him, and would not feel obligated to defend him. (But then, that's never stopped me before! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif )

Vagabond
07-01-2002, 06:40 PM
Howdy Harry,
It has never been my intention to be rude to others by wearing a mask.I have ugly face and I am shy to display it.By the way I am not from Northeast.I hang around southern states(my beat up car bears North Carolina Tag and my drivers license is from North carolina.) or midwest or Southwest.Please do not send the pictures to North Carolina.
Cheers
Vagabond

Vagabond
07-01-2002, 07:12 PM
Hi Lori,
Thank u very much for very kind words.No body,other than my Mom and my sister,have said such nice words about me.During my travels many people in pool rooms think that I am a thief and/or con artist/pool hustler.I thank u once again.I will not disappoint you.With regards
Vagabond

07-01-2002, 07:23 PM
Sir, you could never disappoint me! Your kindness does not go unnoticed.

preacherman
07-01-2002, 08:31 PM
My wife and I are looking forward to meeting you in Athens, GA in a couple weeks.

God bless you,
Jim (GoProclaim@aol.com)
www.geocities.com/pool4Christ/ (http://www.geocities.com/pool4Christ/)

CarolNYC
07-02-2002, 05:22 AM
Ah-ha, Im sorry, I misinterpreted the post-Write on!
Carol

Doctor_D
07-02-2002, 05:44 AM
Good morning:

I am packing my bags and will be heading south Tuesday of next week.

Dr. D.

MikeM
07-02-2002, 10:19 AM
Harry,

I didn't realize you were also Gremlin. I talked to you brielfy in Laurel and saw you in Arlington this weekend. I was the big guy in a yellow shirt sitting on the rail with NOSTROKE and all his lady friends. We heard a page for Harry so-and-so who had a phone call. We wondered if it could be for HarryDC, but when you picked it up I said "nope just that photographer". DUH! Next time I'll be sure to say hello.

MM