PDA

View Full Version : Looking for opinions of Golden West tables

Ohplayer
01-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Anybody have one? Is, what do you think?

bbuss
01-10-2006, 05:17 PM
I have never heard of it. Is a Golden West table an auntique table or new table.
If it is old like mine you may never find out much about it.
I have an old Rosatto Barry table that was built around 1900 + -. It plays great.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Gool luck
bbuss

dad8
01-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Nice tables very strong constuction Golden West has been around for a while.They have a wide range of tables from very contemperary to your basic pool table style's.Golden West hasn't had much luck in the Atlanta market they have always been hung out by previous dealers most of wich are out of buisness.Which model do you have.

bsmutz
01-11-2006, 12:48 AM
Do a search on this board. This question has been asked before. Myself and a couple of other people I know are happy with their Golden West tables. Do your research and decide what size, cloth, and accessories you really want for the table before you buy it. You'll be happier in the long run. Don't get their standard cloth and ball set, for instance, if you want the best pool experience. Everything plays better and lasts longer if you get better equipment. Pocket size is another consideration.

Ohplayer
01-11-2006, 08:07 AM
I bought a used 8ft. Golden West St.Thomas table that is between 10-15 yrs. old. I'm told by GW that that model is still being made and costs about 3k. Mine has 1" Italian slate and is made of solid wood (Oak) construction. The table is in very good shape and came with Aramith balls, Dufferin house cues as well as some other cues and accessories for $650. My Dad and I moved it and set it up ourselves (we did another table years ago). I am happy with the table. It plays nicely to me.