PDA

View Full Version : Viattorre Cues---Opinions please

BillPorter
01-11-2006, 06:14 PM
A good friend of mine is considering buying a Viattorre cue. Anyone own one or play with one? Opinions will be appreciated.

sygfrid
11-27-2006, 09:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BillPorter:</font><hr> A good friend of mine is considering buying a Viattorre cue. Anyone own one or play with one? Opinions will be appreciated. <hr /></blockquote>

i've recently gotten my very own VIATTORRE custom cue. i decided to have a solid [color=purple]purple heart</font color> because i'm after a cue with great performance and lots of feel (that's why i decided not to put wraps). i've tried mcdermott's, predators, and vikings, but it's the Viattorre that i like the best! The balance is great: hold it vertically, you can feel the 19+oz weight, hold it horizontally &amp; you'll think it 's around 18! The feel from the wood to wood is far greater than the steel joints i used to play with! I used to exert a lot just to draw the cb or even make it go around the table, with the Viattorre i only need to exert less than half i used to!

The only problem is you have to wait for more than a year, depending on the intricacy of your design, to get your cue done. The reason for this is not only because they have a long list of customers, they also create your cue carefully making sure the fibers in the wood are not subjected to stress that can lead to warpage... imagine their technique like that of creating traditional samurai swords or even like ferrari. Though the wait may seem to be decades, once you've gotten it, it'll make you feel like a child opening a christmas gift again (yeah, i couldn't stop smiling the first time i got to play with my cue). It's really worth the wait!

i suggest you visit their website so you can see other people's feedback regarding this great custom cue maker: VIATTORRE CUSTOM CUES (http://www.viattorre.com)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid218/pc444760465f900e8987cca49e6230664/ec0a3176.jpg

BillPorter
11-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Thanks for your detailed reply! My friend did order a cue from Viattorre and is currently anxiously awaiting delivery of the cue, hopefully just a few weeks away at this point.