PDA

View Full Version : Efren skunks Jason Miller

Vagabond
01-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Efren won the one pocket in Derby city.It took less than 30 minutes to finish the match.Jason made only few balls in the race to 3 match.Efren was modest and said ``I got Lucky``.

Cornerman
01-12-2006, 07:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> Efren won the one pocket in Derby city.It took less than 30 minutes to finish the match.Jason made only few balls in the race to 3 match.Efren was modest and said ``I got Lucky``. <hr /></blockquote>I think you meant, "Jason only hit a few balls." He unfortunately never had a shot to make a single ball.

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5650&amp;postcount=7

Fred

Vagabond
01-12-2006, 07:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cornerman:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> Efren won the one pocket in Derby city.It took less than 30 minutes to finish the match.Jason made only few balls in the race to 3 match.Efren was modest and said ``I got Lucky``. <hr /></blockquote>I think you meant, "Jason only hit a few balls." He unfortunately never had a shot to make a single ball.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

I stay corrected Fred. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Cueless Joey
01-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Efren might just be the best one-holer of all time.

Vagabond
01-12-2006, 07:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Efren might just be the best one-holer of all time. <hr /></blockquote>

He is GOD /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

JPB
01-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Looks like Miller is picking up the pace in his overall game good for him. I read where he will try to qualify for the IPT. He sure is a strong bank pool player.

Snapshot9
01-13-2006, 06:04 AM
LOL ... I think we need to chip in, and have a
T shirt made for Efren that says, "Ah so ... Grasshopper"
on the front with the forum logo and name on the
back, or something similiar.

RUNaRAK
01-13-2006, 06:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Efren might just be the best one-holer of all time. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">Might be?? Is there really any question. I think he could give any player from any era 8-7 and teach them a lesson. He is so fun to watch, what a treat! Go Efren, Go! </font color>

Keith Talent
01-13-2006, 07:21 AM
That was some amazing playing yesterday. I watched both matches vs. Alex and the final while at work. Jeez, did he miss maybe one bank and maybe one 3-ball combo? And fail to go 8 and out one other time? Unreal ... I managed not to miss much, either ... all you had to do was see him on his first shot and that was that! Poetry in motion would be an understatement.

Watched the finals again at 3 a.m. ... hell, that's about worth the $19 they're charging by itself.

Eric.
01-13-2006, 01:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cornerman:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> Efren won the one pocket in Derby city.It took less than 30 minutes to finish the match.Jason made only few balls in the race to 3 match.Efren was modest and said ``I got Lucky``. <hr /></blockquote>I think you meant, "Jason only hit a few balls." He unfortunately never had a shot to make a single ball.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>
I watched the match on BcN network.
I finally understand how One Pocket is supposed to be played. Wow.

I think Efren only took 1 pure defensive shot, otherwise he was just running out everything.

Eric

wolfdancer
01-13-2006, 04:59 PM
I just had my first chance to see the finals, and
... "I finally understand how One Pocket is supposed to be played. Wow."
I didn't know it was supposed to be played 8 and out......
final score of 24/0 in ball count, and three games in under 10 innings?.....sounds more like 9 ball, winner breaks.
And as usual, Efran said "I got lucky"....maybe the luckiest pool player ever.

Cueless Joey
01-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Gawd, I hope the DVD of the match will be available soon.

Eric.
01-14-2006, 01:20 PM
The last two matches; Efren vs. Alex and Efren vs. Jason Miller are One Hole must haves. Talk about a clinic.

Eric

wolfdancer
01-14-2006, 03:04 PM
I believe that Pat will package 'em into one DVD, and
I'll also be buying ....that back cut with reverse english
to kill the speed, even impressed Danny Medina.

Cueless Joey
01-14-2006, 03:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I believe that Pat will package 'em into one DVD, and
I'll also be buying ....that back cut with reverse english
to kill the speed, even impressed Danny Medina. <hr /></blockquote>
I wonder if he's using Hal's aiming system. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
01-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Good one !!!! If you heard his interview, he was trying to
say that the race to 3 was so short, that the other guy really didn't get a chance to show people how good he was, because he kept leaving Efran a shot. Only Efran can win, feel humble about it, and try to commiserate about his opponent's unfortunate luck.

Cueless Joey
01-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Efr E n, the ever humble one.
I loved it when Efren won the Gabriel's Open in Vegas two years ago or so.
He gave me the trophy. I still have it.

Deeman3
01-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Jason Miller played great all week. He has absolutley nothing to be ashamed of as he played almost non-stop match after match and was on top of his game every match. I really believe Jason turned a corner at the DCC this year. I expect him to compete well in every event now.

Deeman

wolfdancer
01-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Dee, wiining the bank pool for the second time....then emerging from a large field of one holer's to reach the finals; he sure must be playing good. I didn't know there were over 400 one-pocket players in the world....and seems like they all showed up in Ky. I'm not sure anyone could have beat Efran that day.....
Hope you also got to see the $1000 straight pool challenge.....I thought it was great, and I don't play the game, although I have a high run of 13.
I came so close to going there this year....maybe a little better planning...and I can make it there next time. I'd like to experience it once before....they'll need me to ref some matches in that "big pool hall"....where I'll be going they need refs, and even the refs cheat.
Hope that you'll have some great (non-partisan) stories to share with us, when you get back to sweet home, Alabama.
When that tournament ends,
You'll be Alabama bound,
Alabama bound,
Sure as the train pulls out of the yards
yer gonna leave that town.

yer gonna leave that town,
tired of the fussin' and fightin' and doggin' you 'round,
(one of my old favorite songs)
have a good trip home; drive safe!!!