PDA

View Full Version : Translation of Coriolis' Thesis?

wuf
01-13-2006, 03:57 PM
I recall reading somewhere that a translation by David Nadler of Coriolis' Treatise on Pool was in the works. Anybody know what stage this is in?

Thanks
Frank

dr_dave
01-13-2006, 04:16 PM
It is completed and published. It is self-published by David Nadler. The last I heard from David, he was going to try to get it up for sale on Amazon and/or make it available on a personal website, but I'm not sure what the status of that is.

I have a copy. The translation and printing are of excellent quality. But be warned, the book is extremely technical and cryptic for the average reader. But if you like thorough and detailed pool physics, the book is quite amazing.

Regards,
Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wuf:</font><hr> I recall reading somewhere that a translation by David Nadler of Coriolis' Treatise on Pool was in the works. Anybody know what stage this is in?

Thanks
Frank <hr /></blockquote>

hunterdau2
01-14-2006, 02:08 AM
Is that the same Dr Dave as wrote the book The illustrated principles of pool and billiards?

iacas
01-14-2006, 07:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hunterdau2:</font><hr> Is that the same Dr Dave as wrote the book The illustrated principles of pool and billiards? <hr /></blockquote>
Yes

Cornerman
01-14-2006, 08:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hunterdau2:</font><hr> Is that the same Dr Dave as wrote the book The illustrated principles of pool and billiards? <hr /></blockquote>Just to be clear, since you were responding to Wuf...

Dr. Dave is CCBoard member Prof. David Alciatore who wrote "The Illustrated Principles..."His post was right after Wuf's.

David Nadler is the person translating the Coriolis Thesis (the tome that applies to billiards).

Nadler could have and probably has a PhD., but he isn't known as "Dr. Dave" in our circles.

Fred &lt;~~~ confusing as mud

hunterdau2
01-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Was just wondering since i am reading it at this time and am finding it very informative.