PDA

View Full Version : I am absolutely shocked!!!!

Cane
01-13-2006, 04:32 PM
I don't know how many remember, but in August of 2004, a local poolplayer, one whom I considered to be a friend (he was also a one of my regular students), ordered a cue from the cuemaker I use and I paid for it up front and had the cue shipped to him. Short story, I was in Idaho with RandyG when it arrived and he took the cue and left town and I haven't seen or heard from him since.

Well, today, 17 months later, I got a call from him and he wants to come by and pay me for the cue. I didn't ask why he skipped out on me and I've gotten over being mad about this a long time ago, so I guess I'll count this as found money (since I'd written it off a year or more ago) and do the "no hard feelings" thing when he pays up.

Just thought those of you that tried to settle me down when I was looking for him last year would like to know!

Later,
Bob (soon to have a few hundred extra for the South Padre Island Tournament!)

Rich R.
01-14-2006, 04:54 AM
"What goes around, comes around."
Obviously, your kindness has come around and you are getting your payment. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe this guy is a little more honest than you thought. However, I would like to know his version of the story and what extenuating circumstances prevented him from paying you sooner.

iacas
01-14-2006, 07:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> "What goes around, comes around."
Obviously, your kindness has come around and you are getting your payment. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote>
Makes me wonder if the guy has been watching "My Name is Earl". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

catscradle
01-14-2006, 08:41 AM
At one of the jobs I had, a contract programmer just up and disappeared one day, no explaination. A few years later he was interviewing at another company with the same boss who had switched companies. The guy explained that when he was a kid (a military brat) the CIA had implanted a mind control chip in his brain and he was always responsible for what he did. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Maybe this guy had a chip implant too. lol.

Snapshot9
01-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Bob ... Maybe the cue helped him get good enough to
make the money to pay you ... lol I wish all my airballs
would come home to me... I would be a couple bags of
sand richer ...