PDA

View Full Version : Al gore invents the internet.....

wolfdancer
01-16-2006, 10:00 AM
web page (http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/2606/gore.htm)

moblsv
01-16-2006, 10:08 AM
yes, we all know this "invented the Internet' nonsense was one of those misdirection smear jobs by the right to frame Gore as an exagerator. The Al Gore version of the Kerry "flip-flop", which was also a bunch of crap.

moblsv
01-16-2006, 04:47 PM
President Gore's speech

http://news.globalfreepress.com/mp3/gore/2006/01/16/Gore_Constitutional_Crisis-01-16-06.96.mp3

wolfdancer
01-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Al got a lot of undeserved bad press.
I think he would have been a good President.

Cueless Joey
01-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Maybe but his wife scared me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
01-17-2006, 12:51 AM
I agree, the Republican Party has distorted the truth about Al Gore, and his contributions to the promotion and expansion of the internet. I certainly don't think our deficit would be where it is today had he been elected, we wouldn't be occupiers in Iraq, known as torturers, and called terrorists by millions of people in the Middle East.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
01-17-2006, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree, the Republican Party has distorted the truth about Al Gore, and his contributions to the promotion and expansion of the internet. I certainly don't think our deficit would be where it is today had he been elected, we wouldn't be occupiers in Iraq, known as torturers, and called terrorists by millions of people in the Middle East. <hr /></blockquote> Yup, probably all is true for the simple fact that bin Laden would still be sipping martinis on his sun deck in Afghanistan. Gore would never have gone after OBL because he got his training from Clinton who sat by and watched OBL bomb us.

As far as the torturers part, I doubt anything would be different. The CIA for the most part has been doing their own thing for decades. You are right though, we probably would not have that bad press because the liberal media would do their best to keep that a secret. They would not want to jeopardize their man would they?

eg8r

wolfdancer
01-17-2006, 08:49 AM
It wasn't the liberal press that slandered him.....nor the liberal press that made such a big deal out of the Clinton scandal....or was it?
Maybe OBL would be sipping them cocktails, on a ranch in Texas.......I hear his family has some connections there
And that was Bill? reading to them kids during the WTC attack?
damn liberal press claimed it was your guy....and your guy went right after the responsible party....Saddam...
Well Ed, it's too late to rewrite history...we're stuck with this war, and it's consequences.
We have a lot of brave young men and women over there, that need our support.It reminds me of Viet Nam...if you voice your objections to an unjust war, it is unAmerican, and gives strength to the enemy.....kind of a Catch22...eh? While I did get a little ill watching GWB visiting the MLK memorial, another photo op....your guy has the charisma of one of them famed Texas rattlesnakes..and maybe he could charm them...only them
I think I'll just let history judge him...although the world opinion of him is sinking faster then the deficit.
And while the bribery, etc scandal is centered on your party...it may just be that that's who you bribe, the majority party. I'm sure they would all like this to quietly
go away.

eg8r
01-17-2006, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and your guy went right after the responsible party....Saddam...
<hr /></blockquote> LOL, apparently your memory is slipping faster than you think...Just before Saddam wet his pants in the hole, OBL was seen running for his life in Afghanistan. A lot more done than Clinton ever did.

Because it was left does not mean we are giving Clinton a free ride for doing to Milosevic exactly what W did to Saddam. Hopefully your memory will return soon. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
01-18-2006, 12:31 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself, my friend. There was a former interrogator interviewed last night on, Chris Mathews, I think, and he said that torture was commonly practiced by all capturers in the prisons, and tacidly approved.

The right has selective memory, they don't remember that Clinton tried to get BL, and didn't pull it off, but he didn't wage an unwinnable war in the wrong country to try to get him, like Bush has, and still hasn't gotten him. Bush let him get away, among many of his other Fups. Hiliary is right when she says this will be the worst administration in the history of this country! There is certainly no lack of corruption in the Reupblican Party, and also no strides made with them in power, other than their obvious ability to run up debt, and increase our enemy base, and lay down with the dogs! The indictments are certainly flying, investigations from the White House to the Congress to the Senate! Yeah, great party! No wonder all they want to do is continue to yap about Bill Clinton. They'd rather do anything than discuss what is going on right now in their own party. Anything to distract the public from their culture of corruption. They take two words, by two different people, and blow it into a crises, LOL, while at the same time, their president, is breaking the law, and their Congressmen and Senators and even aides, are busy working out deals to rat on each other so they can stay out of jail, now that's what I call restoring honor to the White House, LMAO!

Gayle in Md.