PDA

View Full Version : Alex an the IPT

The_Doctor
01-17-2006, 04:41 AM
Just quickly, I've been reading today that Alex Pagulayan (hope I spelt that right) as qualified for the IPT tour. Why was he not invited to join at the start? Did he not submit an application? Did he not play in enough tournaments last year? I would have thought that someone as good as he should have been there from the very start.

Cheers Andy.

Deeman3
01-17-2006, 06:47 AM
My understanding is that Alex did not know he had to fill out an application so he had to qualify instead.

Deeman

Scott Lee
01-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Andy...There were many excellent pro players that did not submit applications before the deadline. Some were just lazy, and others didn't think the IPT was 'on the level'.
No doubt some of them are kicking themselves now, even though there were 2-3000 applications turned in, and only 150 picked to play for this year. It's curious how the 'hand-picked' process was applied...and it's certain to come under more speculation, as the 'minimum' prize money escalates from $13K this year, to a stated $100K next year.
However, when it's all said and done, it's KT's program and he can do whatever he wants to! LOL The ones who get picked will certainly not be complaining!

Scott Lee

cueball1950
01-17-2006, 03:25 PM
and all this time i thought he did not get invited because he stated at the Open last year after his win that he was only going to play in 2 tournaments a year in the states. The Open and the DCC. That is the reason i thought he did not get picked.....................mike

pooldaddy9
01-18-2006, 06:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> and all this time i thought he did not get invited because he stated at the Open last year after his win that he was only going to play in 2 tournaments a year in the states. The Open and the DCC. That is the reason i thought he did not get
picked.....................mike <hr /></blockquote>

That's what he said and that he was going to play more poker...