PDA

View Full Version : Vallye Forge headcount?

Voodoo Daddy
01-18-2006, 02:38 PM
2 months til VF, I'm gettin pumped up!! Who's goin, who's playin, who's partyin? Dick...you showing up with your daughter<hopefully>? The usual suspects will be there I am sure, maybe this year I can see Rich and Cathy for more than 2.8 seconds!!

cueball1950
01-18-2006, 03:48 PM
I will see you there Big POPPA...hopefully. I have to meet up with Dennis and pick up a cue from him...again....hopefully...............mike

jayzoll
01-18-2006, 06:22 PM
I just began taking this game seriously (league play and not just shooting in my basement) and will probably drive out to the tournament. I am very excited to go watch the best players in this country and world shoot. It would also be a valuable learning experience.

I was wondering about places to stay. Where do most of the amatuer players stay?? Since this would be a weekend getaway, I was wondering if they serve alchohol at the venue??

Let's Go Steelers!!!

dg-in-centralpa
01-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Mary and I will be there along with my daughter.

DG

dg-in-centralpa
01-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Mike,
We'll be looking for ya! Don't forget the stuff from Saratoga.

Duane

dg-in-centralpa
01-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Check out www.superbilliardsexpo.com (http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com) for more info on where to stay. They do serve alcohol at the tournament. Since you've never been there, it's an experience you'll never forget. You can play the 9 Ball tourney if you want to see how you do against people outside your area.

DG - been there for the past 5 years or so

9 Ball Girl
01-18-2006, 09:17 PM
I'll be there, Big Papi. I'm going on Friday and will probably leave on Sunday or Monday. I'm staying at the Radisson this year. Maybe I'll drag nAz with me again.

Wendy<---guessing she'll see the "rack"er /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
01-19-2006, 04:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> maybe this year I can see Rich and Cathy for more than 2.8 seconds!! <hr /></blockquote>
Hey, don't cut us short. We saw you for at least 3 seconds last year. Don't forget, you were the popular one. You just sat at table and a crowd of people gathered around you. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the cues. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hopefully, we will be able to schedule you for 4 seconds this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
01-19-2006, 02:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> 2 months til VF, I'm gettin pumped up!! Who's goin, who's playin, who's partyin? Dick...you showing up with your daughter&lt;hopefully&gt;? The usual suspects will be there I am sure, maybe this year I can see Rich and Cathy for more than 2.8 seconds!! <hr /></blockquote>

I'm pumped, I'm playing, I'm partying.

Eric &gt;not necessarily in that order

RUNaRAK
01-19-2006, 02:51 PM
I'll be there Friday through Sunday. Too late to play but I am a real good sweater!!!!

Pizza Bob
01-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Yo, Mike!

I'll be there Thur - Sun. Look for me in Capone's booth.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

9 Ball Girl
01-19-2006, 05:48 PM
I just have one request:

Can people please introduce themselves to me if they recognize me? (Usually I'll get a PM afterwards saying something like, "Hey I saw you but I felt shy or whatever to say Hi". I love to meet other CCBers and usually they recognize me first so don't be shy! I don't bite, Ok?

Barbara
01-19-2006, 07:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pizza Bob:</font><hr> Yo, Mike!

I'll be there Thur - Sun. Look for me in Capone's booth.

Adios,

Pizza Bob <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Pizza Bob!!

Any idea when Mike's gonna be done with my cue or should I just stop by and pick one up? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara~~~has a "No Nuts For You!" list, too... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

SPetty
01-20-2006, 09:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>I don't bite, Ok?<hr /></blockquote>Well, unless you ask real nice... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Voodoo Daddy
01-20-2006, 11:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I don't bite, Ok? <hr /></blockquote>

Geeez...I was hoping you was gonna finally bite me &lt;or just take small nibbles&gt; /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DickLeonard
01-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Voodoo Daddy Plans call for a trip to Valley Forge with my daughter. I hope to be there at least Sat Sun I will have start preparing now. It could be the most exciting weekend in pool. ####

DickLeonard
01-20-2006, 12:45 PM
9 Ball Girl It didn't look like Naz needed to be dragged along.####

Cornerman
01-20-2006, 01:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> 2 months til VF, I'm gettin pumped up!! Who's goin, who's playin, who's partyin? <hr /></blockquote>
I can't imagine not going.

Fred

catscradle
01-20-2006, 01:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> 2 months til VF, I'm gettin pumped up!! Who's goin, who's playin, who's partyin? Dick...you showing up with your daughter&lt;hopefully&gt;? The usual suspects will be there I am sure, maybe this year I can see Rich and Cathy for more than 2.8 seconds!! <hr /></blockquote>

I've already sent in my entry form and getting pumped up to go 3 and out instead of 2 and out. I'm planning to be there, but plans could go to hell at the last minute since I have a project due the end of March, work sucks. Unfortunately, I won't be at the Radison this year, the person who was in charge of that part sort of dilly-dallied this year and it was sold out.
See many of you there hopefully.

John in NH
01-20-2006, 02:15 PM
I'll be there, looking forward to meeting you, I'm a friend of
NH Steve (onepocket.org), I'm planning to play in the senior event.

Regards,

John

Pizza Bob
01-21-2006, 06:11 AM
Barbara:

I'm his friend, not his agent. The answer to your question lies with his boss, Vicki. LOL

Adios,

Pizza Bob

dg-in-centralpa
01-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Barbara,
Is Allen sending out applications or should we get them on line? I haven't received any notice yet.
Thanks,
DG

Rich R.
01-21-2006, 08:35 AM
DG, they seem to be running a little bit late this year. I too, have not received anything in the mail, yet.

A week or two ago, the forms to enter tournaments were not on line yet. They did appear earlier this week, however, the forms to obtain tickets for the pro events were still not available. After emailing them to ask about the forms, I got a nice response and they are now available on line.

You can wait for a mailing, if you want, but I would recommend just getting what you want on line and sending it in. JMHO.

Barbara
01-21-2006, 09:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pizza Bob:</font><hr> The answer to your question lies with his boss, Vicki. LOL

Adios,

Ah yes, Vicki... The one who is totally addicted to them...

Barbara

dg-in-centralpa
01-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Thanks Rich, I just got my notice in the mail today. You should get yours shortly.

DG

Voodoo Daddy
01-21-2006, 12:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> DG, they seem to be running a little bit late this year. I too, have not received anything in the mail, yet.

A week or two ago, the forms to enter tournaments were not on line yet. They did appear earlier this week, however, the forms to obtain tickets for the pro events were still not available. After emailing them to ask about the forms, I got a nice response and they are now available on line.

You can wait for a mailing, if you want, but I would recommend just getting what you want on line and sending it in. JMHO.
<hr /></blockquote>

I d/l'd the entry form and sent the cheese out yesterday!! Bar-Box + Voodoo = TROUBLE!!

Rich R.
01-21-2006, 03:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Thanks Rich, I just got my notice in the mail today. You should get yours shortly.

DG <hr /></blockquote>I got mine today also. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Timberly
01-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Duane, I'm looking forward to seeing you &amp; Mary there. It will be nice to meet your daughter too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Hopefully we can meet up before then to shoot some though. The job thing took a turn for the worse... I'll have to tell ya'll about it later. I have to see what my work schedule is going to be and I'll email you guys.

Barb, looking forward to finally meeting you in person!

Pizza Bob and Fred, it will be a pleasure to see you guys again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
01-21-2006, 07:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr>Bar-Box + Voodoo = TROUBLE!! <hr /></blockquote>Now I've really got a reason to go! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wendy&lt;---has seen the Big Papi in action and it ain't pretty!

dg-in-centralpa
01-21-2006, 08:10 PM
I don't want to play against you until we hit the money rounds. Although I've never made it that far. I've come close but...

DG

dg-in-centralpa
01-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Sounds good..Mary will come and watch but can't play right now, she just had a hysterectomy last week. She'll be our cheering section. Are you playing in the tourney?

Duane

catscradle
01-22-2006, 07:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote John in NH:</font><hr> I'll be there, looking forward to meeting you, I'm a friend of
NH Steve (onepocket.org), I'm planning to play in the senior event.

Regards,

John <hr /></blockquote>

John,
Maybe we'll meet up in the Seniors event, if not I hope to run into you there sometime. You can see my picture at www.s-c-ellis.com. (http://www.s-c-ellis.com.)
My home is in MA, but due to work spend 5 days a week in Merrimack.
Catscradle. &lt;== aka Steve.

9 Ball Girl
01-22-2006, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> 9 Ball Girl It didn't look like Naz needed to be dragged along.#### <hr /></blockquote>You're right! He was actually dragging me 'cause I didn't want to be there last year.

JoeyB
01-22-2006, 10:21 AM
I'm hoping to go... Does anyone know the time for the finals of the Jr-9 Ball tournament? I'd like to play in this, seeing as I'm 17, but I know later in the night I have a Jazz Band competition to go, and I can't miss that. Did anyone watch in previous years?

catscradle
01-23-2006, 06:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JoeyB:</font><hr> I'm hoping to go... Does anyone know the time for the finals of the Jr-9 Ball tournament? I'd like to play in this, seeing as I'm 17, but I know later in the night I have a Jazz Band competition to go, and I can't miss that. Did anyone watch in previous years? <hr /></blockquote>

Call Alan or Dawn Hopkins the number is on the website and they're real good about addressing questions like those.

DickLeonard
01-23-2006, 07:24 AM
9 Ball Girl you should be in the movies then, That was an Academy Award performancew you gave of someone who didn't want to be there.####

Barbara
01-23-2006, 07:55 AM
The finals will be going off on Sunday, probably around 1 pm.

Barbara

Vicki
01-24-2006, 03:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pizza Bob:</font><hr> The answer to your question lies with his boss, Vicki. LOL

Adios,

Ah yes, Vicki... The one who is totally addicted to them...

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

And I'm pregnant, so I'm eating for two this year... LOL!

I'll be glad to see everyone!

Barbara
01-24-2006, 03:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vicki:</font><hr>
And I'm pregnant, so I'm eating for two this year... LOL!

I'll be glad to see everyone! <hr /></blockquote>

OMIGOSH!! Congrats to you and Mike!!

Barbara

Pizza Bob
01-24-2006, 05:11 PM
WOW! Congrats! Does this mean I have to give up my seat when you're in the booth? j/k. See you and Mike in March.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

9 Ball Girl
01-24-2006, 08:37 PM
Congratulations Vicki!

cueball1950
01-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Vicki...This news deserves a Big Blue Ribbon. I am so happy for you and Mike. I hope and pray that everything goes the best for the both of you. I cannot wait to see you at Valley Forge. maybe 1 of these days i will be able to afford a mike capone cue....someday. But like i said....congratulations to the both of you on this great news.............mike

Rich R.
01-25-2006, 04:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vicki:</font><hr> And I'm pregnant, so I'm eating for two this year... LOL!

I'll be glad to see everyone! <hr /></blockquote>
I just saw this, in the other thread.
Congratulations to you and Mike.
I will see you in March. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
01-25-2006, 11:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vicki:</font><hr> And I'm pregnant, so I'm eating for two this year... LOL!

I'll be glad to see everyone!

<hr /></blockquote>

You're not supposed to swallow watermelon seeds! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric &gt;congrats!

ceebee
01-25-2006, 12:43 PM
I got my SUPER EXPO package &amp; replied already. I have a booth for the BreakRAK. Our first year at VF as a vendor. I was there in 2003.

I guess we will be a the Radisson. Let's have a great get together...

Voodoo Daddy
01-25-2006, 03:20 PM
I'll have to look for Vicki waddlin' across the expo floor with a turkey leg in one hand anda bowl of ice cream in the other? HAHAHAHAHA!!! Cant miss me you guys....stop buy at the Omen Cue booth and say hi or sweat a match or two.

Timberly
01-25-2006, 07:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Sounds good..Mary will come and watch but can't play right now, she just had a hysterectomy last week. She'll be our cheering section. Are you playing in the tourney?

Duane <hr /></blockquote>

EEk, I hope Mary is feeling ok??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I don't play in tournaments anymore. I stopped that many moons ago. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif The Expo is a place to watch good pool, drink a few beverages, and hang out with friends. Inside Pool wanted me to work the booth there like I did at Derby but I've got a lot of friends coming in from out of town and would rather hang out with them instead of working.

I'll shoot ya'll an email next week about getting together. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

dg-in-centralpa
01-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Mary is doing fine. A little sluggish at times and trying hard not to overdo anything when she does feel energetic. She has to be careful not to lift anything over 5 pounds, nothing strenuous, etc. Not until the end of March. I'm ready to play whenever you are.

DG

GregN
01-30-2006, 12:09 PM
I won a spot on my TAP league's "Dream Team" at Valley Forge Saturday! They are sending one from each skill level (in my case 2 /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif ) who were selected by a singles tournament at each level.

I've been mostly lurking this forum for about a year now. As my skill-level would suggest, I'm not good enough to contribute much. I do really appreciate the forum and all the many contributors (and the personalities -- it's amazing how those come out so strongly on line). Good luck to all that are going! I'm looking forward to the experience as much as the tournament /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dg-in-centralpa
01-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Welcome to the board. Just because you're a "2", doesn't mean you don't have anything to add. I'm just an average player, and those who saw me play at the CCB tournament will attest to that, I contribute when I have something legitimate to add. The VF tournament is fun. Be ready for an experience. I go to try my luck at people out of my area. I've beaten and been beaten by anyone who is anyone in my county.

DG

CarolNYC
01-31-2006, 04:29 AM
Congratulations-good job! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

runout1961
02-01-2006, 05:42 AM
Hello everyone,

I am in the military stationed in Germany. I will be taking leave just to come to the expo. Cannot wait to get there. Will there be a booth where everyone meets up?