PDA

View Full Version : Jerico Break Cue

Sambo
01-18-2006, 07:49 PM
i have just purchased a Jerico break cue. I am having trouble controling the cue ball after the break. I am wondering if shaping the the tip would help. Are you able to shape their tip? I have been told that in breaking in 8 ball you should hit the first ball with left bottom english..hitting from the left side of the table. Thank you in advance.

Cane
01-18-2006, 10:25 PM
If you're going to break lead ball, try cueing with the tip slightly below center and hitting the head ball full in the face... best transfer of energy into the rack that way. I've been using the Jerico Stinger for almost 2 years and have never had cue ball control issues with the Jerico. If anything, I've found it easier to control the cue ball.

Later,
Bob

Race2-9
01-19-2006, 06:16 AM
This may sound a little strange....but try taking a little off the speed on your break. Most of us have a break speed much harder than is needed with the Jerico. I would also respectfully recommend....keep your technique. Good luck, I think you have the best break/jump cue on the market!

randyg
01-19-2006, 07:21 AM
I agree with both posts. I break a little softer with better results....SPF-randyg

Sambo
01-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Thank you everyone for your input. I will try them all and let you know what works best...Again thank you

Sambo

Sambo
01-21-2006, 07:54 AM
Well let me first off say thank you everyone. I had a chance to get out last night and shoot and I have to say that my breaking was much better with everyones input. I started off with hitting the lead ball and had great seperation(7 out of 10 times pocketing a ball). Then I moved to hitting the second row and again had good breaks but with little clusters of balls...is that what should be happening? I am very happy with the Jerico now that I have learned out to use it. Have a great day everyone...

Sambo