PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick tables

Drop1
01-21-2006, 05:51 PM
I talked to the Brunswick distributor in Guadalajara today.He told me all Brunswick pool tables were made in China,and the slate was not Italian. He went on to say,a 9' Crown Four,would run me U.S. about $9000. A red spotted cue from Elephant Balls runs U.S. $60.00 I can't believe Brunswick does not make a table in the U.S. Can anyone throw some light on this subject?

dad8
01-22-2006, 12:03 PM
429 post here and you didn't know Brunswick tables are made in China.Tell me what is the difference between Italian slate and the Brazilian slate Brunswick uses.And I'm going to go out on a limb and say Brunswick builds there tables in China because.....Labor cost.Question for you what kind of car or truck do you drive.

Drop1
01-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Italy is now importing slate from Brazil. I think you might be wrong on Brunswick making all their tables in China. I think some are made in Bristol Wisconsin. Don't let my ignorance supprise you, it never does me,but I still ask the questions. Are you selling a car,or truck,or was that just some of that Southern put down charm /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

dad8
01-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Drop1 No Brunswick table is built in the US most of the wood is shipped to China from the US.And my car question,A few people on this form in the past and present have had some harsh things to say about Brunswick table's and the fact they are built in China makes them a cheep product.Example pool table dealer near Atlanta talks alot of trash about China products yet 2 of his employee's drive Honda's they can't stand pool table products produced in China but trust there live's in a car made in China assembled in the US.Just like a Brunswick..I don't sell car's I sell pool tables & supplies some made in China some the Us.

Brian in VA
01-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Uh...last I checked Honda was a Japanese car company. The first car from China was just shown at the auto show in Detroit and isn't yet for sale in this country.

It's a world economy folks. We all need to get used to it. I try to buy American made whenever possible but there is damn little that truly is anymore.

Just my 2 cents.

Brian in VA

Drop1
01-22-2006, 06:21 PM
I found a company in England,selling Brunswick tables. One of them is a limited edition that sells for $U.S.28,000. I read about the biggest furniture Mfg. in China. He started in Taiwan making pool cues,with five employess,in 1991 Today he is the largest in the world,and employs 4000 people. He kiln dries his own wood,and bought nothing but the latest in wood working machinery from the States,and Italy. He buys wood all over the world. I was in the WalMart here,and saw a really nice classic type guitar for $100.00 dollars. It was made in China. China is moving into Mexico,as fast as Walmart,or Home Depot,or all the fast food chains. Thanks for the answers on Brunswick.

dad8
01-23-2006, 08:00 AM
The table for $28000.00 is called the Brunswick Marquette. I sold one for $25000.00 to a local builder.I think they are only going to build 160 for each year of operation.

Drop1
01-23-2006, 12:41 PM
You are right as rain. I called Colleen Miller,at Brunswick Billiard tables,[She handles public relations] Brunswick tables come in pieces from around the world,and no complete table is made in the U.S. They must be too busy building boats.