PDA

View Full Version : Catfish boxing

Chopstick
01-22-2006, 11:08 AM
I hear it's illegal in twelve states. Well, I am just now hearing the stories of what happened on the latest fishing trip down to the keys. I elected not to go because the week before we were scheduled to be there a hurricane had blown away our hotel. Them hard headed yankees decided to go anyway. So it was Jeff, Vinnie and the Captain(we call him the Captain because he actually is a licensed ships captain) out fishing at night, drunk, somewhere off Marathon Key.

The Captain catches a big ol catfish. He's holding it up trying to get the hook out when Vinnie who was in one of his moods, goes "I HATE CATFISH" and hauls off and punches the fish. The captain was shocked and says "Vinnie, what are you doing?" Vinnie rares back to punch the fish again.

Meanwhile, the fish, who had been patiently hanging on the end of the captains line waiting to get unhooked did the only thing it could do at that point and spread his fins. Now saltwater catfish are a little different than freshwater cats. The spines in their fins are bigger. This one was about three or four inches. Now when Vinnie went to punch that fish again, to say that spine went to the bone would be an understatement. It went past the bone and came out the other side of his hand. It went in by the little knuckle on his fist down through his hand and out in the palm.

The fish is literally stuck to Vinnie's hand and they can't get it off. Meanwhile the fish has had enough of this and opens up a can of the proverbial you know what on Vinnie, who is by that time crying in pain on the deck of the boat. Jeff is on the other end of the boat and is doing his best not to be hysterical with laughter. The Captian finally manages to get the fish and cut the spine off. They take Vinnie to the doctor to get the spine removed.

What's funny is when Vinnie was explaining to his wife on the phone how he hurt his hand it was the fish who was attacking the Captain and Vinnie had tried to grab the fish to save the Captain. What a bonehead. Just think I could have been there with them.

Catfish 1
Vinnie 0

<font color="blue">What I wouldn't give for a tee shirt with a catfish in boxing gloves on it with I whooped Vinnie on it's chest. </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SPetty
02-02-2006, 05:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> <font color="blue">What I wouldn't give for a tee shirt with a catfish in boxing gloves on it with I whooped Vinnie on it's chest. </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

http://www.pettypoint.com/poolpics/IWhoopedVinnie.jpg