PDA

View Full Version : Get Back On The Horse Quick?

Sid_Vicious
06-30-2002, 10:09 AM
Do you gamble to test yourself, win money, mix with the big boys or is it some other reason? Seems to me personally that I play for money for the pressure BUT I do find that I return another day looking to recoup some lost money. Maybe seeking your money back is not the thought to have,,,opinions?

What's the reason you money players play for money? Secondly, is it unwise to return to try and prove to yourself that you can get over those damn miserable "dogs" which cost you set(s), which without those dogs you'd have at least been 50-50. I of course realize that there are hustlers keeping you on the string, but in this case it's a question revolving around upright people, not a hustle...sid

stickman
06-30-2002, 10:16 AM
For me, it's not a matter of money. I would play most of these guys for the fun of it, but they are money players. For me, it's a measure of success or improvement. I know when I can consistantly beat certain players, my game has improved. I'm curious if some of these same guys won't want to play for fun once I'm able to beat them regularly? LOL