PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my table today! Couple of questions....

Scott_The_Shot
01-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Hi all,
What I first thought was a Brunswick "Regina" turns out to be either a Brunswick "Coreno" or "Reno". I pulled the felt off of one of the rails and the cushion said "Master Fast K66" This will make the playing surface a little bigger right? I want this table to play as "true" as possible. Should I switch back to a K55 (Super Speeds) or stay with the K66 (Will use artemis if this is the case). I also want to tighten up the pockets a little (4.5 or a little tighter) and was curious if I should use shims, or have the cushions kept longer to create the tighter pocket. One of my concerns of a longer cushion is resulting in "un-natural" banks. I am a one pocket player and dont want any played shots just exclusive to my table. I want it to play as close to a GC as possible. I will also be using Simonis 860 in tournament blue for the felt.
Thanks,

ras314
01-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Most GC I've seen with 4.5 inch pockets were double shimed. The very few this tight without extra shims, or facings, had longer rails installed by an after market mechanic. At any rate I think the extra shims make the pockets play strangely.

FWIW, I would probably be more concerned with the height of the cusion nose and cusion "speed" than a slight change in playing surface dimension.

Edited to add....Also I think the angle of the pocket sides can make a considerable difference.

Scott_The_Shot
01-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Bump

ceebee
01-27-2006, 08:31 AM
I too had to make a decision about the artemis cushions. I wanted my table to play like the local Gold Crowns where I compete. I chose the dual density TOUR EDITION Championship cushions... they were magnificent. This was on my second table, which has the new technology rails.

You might find the old T-RAIL Brunswick Pool Table to play a little different because of the change in Rail Technology. I found there was a slight difference, very quickly. After I spent $7800 on a total restoration on my first table.