PDA

View Full Version : NYC Bike Show!

CarolNYC
01-23-2006, 04:25 AM
My husband and I were invited to the Bike show yesterday - some friends of ours had two booths-BigRed Machine and New Roc City-it was held at the Jacob Javitts Convention Center in Manhatten-
First of all ,every parking lot raised their price to $50.00 to park(normally 12-13.00 for 10 hours)-OUTRAGEOUS-why the city allows that is beyond me,so, we parked at Port Authority for 18 bucks!
The first bike I see is the 2006 Honda Goldwing with AIRBAG-hmmmmmm, is this a safety feature? Can someone explain that?

I like the Ducati's and the V-rod Harley-also, a company Ridley,made an automatic bike-pink ones,too,ha ha ha ha (a big moped)
All I bought was a leather coat and anti-fog stuff for my Raybans-need that when I have a stop in Houston /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
A friend of ours showed up,Chuck Zito-he was in the show "Oz" and will soon be doing live radio with Howard Stern,ha ha ha-I took of few pictures /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
At dinner we talked about the "good old days"-all in all, it was a good Sunday!
Take care!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deeman3
01-23-2006, 08:46 AM
Carol,

I'm still floored by the $50 parking attempted robbery!!!I know real estate is expensive but when you have to pay more for parking than to attend an event, it's crazy.

Glad you had a good time. I am loking at another Harley right now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif If I can just bring it home with out Deewoman noticing....

Deeman

SpiderMan
01-23-2006, 09:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> My husband and I were invited to the Bike show yesterday - some friends of ours had two booths-BigRed Machine and New Roc City-it was held at the Jacob Javitts Convention Center in Manhatten-
First of all ,every parking lot raised their price to $50.00 to park(normally 12-13.00 for 10 hours)-OUTRAGEOUS-why the city allows that is beyond me,so, we parked at Port Authority for 18 bucks!
The first bike I see is the 2006 Honda Goldwing with AIRBAG-hmmmmmm, is this a safety feature? Can someone explain that?

I like the Ducati's and the V-rod Harley-also, a company Ridley,made an automatic bike-pink ones,too,ha ha ha ha (a big moped)
All I bought was a leather coat and anti-fog stuff for my Raybans-need that when I have a stop in Houston /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
A friend of ours showed up,Chuck Zito-he was in the show "Oz" and will soon be doing live radio with Howard Stern,ha ha ha-I took of few pictures /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
At dinner we talked about the "good old days"-all in all, it was a good Sunday!
Take care!
<hr /></blockquote>

$50 to park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did they actually get any takers?

That show is in Dallas each year around Thanksgiving, and I think parking was $3.

Lots of cool machinery. I'll have to disagree on the V-rod though. That abomination is the tackiest, ugliest bike I've seen since Suzuki came out with their rotary-engine monstrosity back in the late '70s or early '80s. I think it had a Panasonic clock-radio housing for an instrument pod /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

dg-in-centralpa
01-23-2006, 10:03 AM
You're a friend of Chuck Zito!?! I'm impressed. Several years ago he got into a fight with Steven Seagall and laid him out. Can he get me in to meet Howard? LOL

DG - loves Howard and the crew but Mrs. DG won't let me play him

CarolNYC
01-23-2006, 10:22 AM
Nah, nothing to be impressed,my friend /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I've known him since i'm 14 /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
[ QUOTE ]
he got into a fight with Steven Seagall and laid him out.
<hr /></blockquote>
Ha Ha Ha, actually it was Claude Van Damme!I believe it was up at Scores in Manhatten

[ QUOTE ]
Can he get me in to meet Howard <hr /></blockquote>
I'll ask /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Carol~knows Mrs. DG will play,if asked /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CarolNYC
01-23-2006, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

<hr /></blockquote>
Filled to the max,Marty-they were turning away people-it was incredible and its a damn shame that out of towners don't know to park elsewhere-that $50 is a ripoff!

[ QUOTE ]
I'll have to disagree on the V-rod though. That abomination is the tackiest ugliest bike <hr /></blockquote>

H HA HA-yeah, it is pretty sick,isnt it-very shiny&amp; glittery,ha ha ha-I think it should be in the next "Terminator" movie! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hope to see ya in Vegas-
Carol~thinking it may be cheaper to fly to Dallas for the
bike show /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CarolNYC
01-23-2006, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still floored by the $50 parking attempted robbery!!!I know real estate is expensive but when you have to pay more for parking than to attend an event, it's crazy. <hr /></blockquote>

Absolutely!

[ QUOTE ]
another Harley right now<hr /></blockquote>
Another? You know what was nice? The 35th anniversary superglide-that was pretty /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
[ QUOTE ]
If I can just bring it home with out Deewoman noticing....
<hr /></blockquote>

Get a custom paint job of HER on the tank-Cm'on now, that should make her say "Oh, allright!" ha ha ha

Always a pleasure!

CarolNYC
01-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Orange county chopper guys were there-they wanted $25.00 just to stand in line and pass in front of their booth PLUS $10.00 for an autograph-give me a break-it was unbelievable-so, if you drove to Manhatten from out of state,9-15 for tolls,50 to park,15-25 to get in ( I dont know)and if you wanted to see OCC,add another 35-outrageous!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Carol

dg-in-centralpa
01-23-2006, 11:26 AM
You're right it was Van Damme at Scores. Mrs. DG doesn't want our 15 year old daughter to think that all men are chauvenistic like Howard portrays, or that they look at women as a piece of meat.

DG

SpiderMan
01-23-2006, 11:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

<hr /></blockquote>
Filled to the max,Marty-they were turning away people-it was incredible and its a damn shame that out of towners don't know to park elsewhere-that $50 is a ripoff!

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
I'll have to disagree on the V-rod though. That abomination is the tackiest ugliest bike <hr /></blockquote>

H HA HA-yeah, it is pretty sick,isnt it-very shiny&amp; glittery,ha ha ha-I think it should be in the next "Terminator" movie! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hope to see ya in Vegas-
Carol~thinking it may be cheaper to fly to Dallas for the
bike show /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

It's so ugly, you'll probably see a lot of them on the side of the road because the owners will be too embarrassed to push them home (it is still a harley, after all) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

nAz
01-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Cool Carol, i wish i could have gone with ya. did they have any kind of tribute to Indian Larry?

BTW do you still keep on contact with Reno or the rest of the bridge runners? I work less five blocks from their HQ yet i never see or hear them anymore.

CarolNYC
01-23-2006, 12:39 PM
Hiya Naz,

[ QUOTE ]
did they have any kind of tribute to Indian Larry <hr /></blockquote>
They had a booth for Indian Larry with 4 bikes he built-boy oh boy, real old school ,ya know?And,like, a big picture of him with a prayer ......stuff like that /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
BTW do you still keep on contact with Reno or the rest of the bridge runners <hr /></blockquote>
No, I havent seen Reno in awhile-I THINK he's retired -not sure,but I did run into a few 69'ers (tomtom and them) while I was shopping, which again, was cool-havent seen so many people in~7-10 years /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CarolNYC
01-23-2006, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it is still a harley, after all) <hr /></blockquote> YEP!
Ya know, its funny Marty,
I was scoping out the crowd-near all the racing bikes, were ages,I'd say, 18-30 and in Harley,Honda,BMW,etc.... ages 30-80....I just hope those younguns are careful on those speed demons!
Take good care!

CarolNYC
01-23-2006, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mrs. DG doesn't want our 15 year old daughter to think that all men are chauvenistic like Howard portrays, or that they look at women as a piece of meat.
<hr /></blockquote>
Im with her, Duane-Howard is a sick puppy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol

SPetty
01-23-2006, 01:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Mrs. DG doesn't want our 15 year old daughter to think that all men are chauvenistic like Howard portrays, or that they look at women as a piece of meat.<hr /></blockquote>But you do? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Deeman3
01-23-2006, 01:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Mrs. DG doesn't want our 15 year old daughter to think that all men are chauvenistic like Howard portrays, or that they look at women as a piece of meat.<hr /></blockquote>But you do? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> DG, Once you get tarred with that "Swine" label, it's mess getting rid of it LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Deeman
DG, the near Amish animal man.....

Mrs_DG
01-23-2006, 02:03 PM
Thank you for your support!
I want our daughter to grow up confident REGARDLESS of her physical attributes. I laugh at Howard, but can only take so much before I feel insecure and ugly.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mrs. DG
On the mend and looking forward to Valley Forge

dg-in-centralpa
01-23-2006, 04:15 PM
No I don't. Howard's humor isn't for everyone. His is definitely sick and off the wall. I look at it as entertainment and nothing else. The women he has on his show are definitely lookers but nothing between the ears. It's about humor and nothing more. Mrs. DG has nothing to fear against them. They couldn't hold a candle to her.

DG

dg-in-centralpa
01-23-2006, 04:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>
<font color="blue"> DG, Once you get tarred with that "Swine" label, it's mess getting rid of it LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>
DG, the near Amish animal man..... <hr /></blockquote>

I hear ya buddy! It's just humor to me, whether it's sick or not

DG

Rich R.
01-23-2006, 07:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> No I don't. Howard's humor isn't for everyone. His is definitely sick and off the wall. I look at it as entertainment and nothing else. The women he has on his show are definitely lookers but nothing between the ears. It's about humor and nothing more. Mrs. DG has nothing to fear against them. They couldn't hold a candle to her.

DG <hr /></blockquote>
Good answer!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I hope it works. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
01-23-2006, 07:34 PM
So do I, so do I.

dg

CarolNYC
01-24-2006, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Howard's humor isn't for everyone. His is definitely sick and off the wall. I look at it as entertainment and nothing else <hr /></blockquote>

Absolutely /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Just look at the guy /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I dont know if you read the book "Street Justice" by Chuck, but this is review:
In a meandering memoir that ranges from his childhood in the Bronx to his days as a nose-busting Hells Angel and bodyguard to the stars, Zito (who uses "Fuggedaboutit!" without a dose of irony) proudly recounts the details of street fights in which he knocks out yet another drunk who "challenges a representative of the most notorious motorcycle club in the land." More interesting than the KOs are Zito's chronicles of fellow Hell's Angels brothers such as John "The Baptist" LoFrancco, Charming Chuck, Terrible Ted and Mike the Bike, and the turf wars, bike runs, clubhouse rituals and cell time they share with Zito (who spent almost six years in prison for conspiracy drug-trafficking, despite his claims of innocence and a drug-free lifestyle). The celebrity clientele of the author's Charlie's Angels Bodyguard Service are a who's who of the 80s: the list includes Mickey Rourke, Liza Minelli and Sly Stallone, all of whom appeared at his trial in his defense. Zito's status as a regular on the HBO series Oz is proof that his street cred has earned him a place in Hollywood-rumor has it he's even got his own upcoming USA Networks series, Chuck Zito's Street Justice-and this humble memoir is equal parts gritty and entertaining. 8-page color photo insert, 44 b&amp;w photos throughout.
Copyright 2002 Reed Business Information, Inc. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

dg-in-centralpa
01-24-2006, 07:41 AM
I'll have to get it and read it.

DG

9 Ball Girl
01-24-2006, 02:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> They couldn't hold a candle to her.

DG <hr /></blockquote>Or a pool cue!

CarolNYC
01-25-2006, 05:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll have to get it and read it <hr /></blockquote>
Ha HA hA-if your interested /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif-I have it,just havent read it /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I got hooked on the Dan Brown books (DaVinci Code,etc...),now,Dean Koontz-oh.... the suspense /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

See ya in VF!
Carol

dg-in-centralpa
01-25-2006, 01:16 PM
I'm interested.

DG