PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Picking a Pool Table!

rohan
01-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Hey everyone, My name is Rohan and i am very new to this website.
I Just purchased a new home and i want to add a Pool table in it. My Home is very contemporary and my budget is anywhere between $1000-$2500. I went to the Billard Factory, in Houston, and the only Table I liked in my price range was the AMF-PLAYMASTER Vegas. http://www.amfbilliards.com/displayTable.asp?table=76

Is this a good table, is it worth the money? Is there anything better?

Any kind of help will be appreciated
Cheers

kyhogan
01-24-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm not crazy about the table for the money MSRP $2300

i would rather pay a more and get this.
http://diamondbilliardproducts.com/The-Professional.htm

rohan
01-26-2006, 09:20 PM
I have seen that table in person, i like it alot to, But then again i also like The vegas. I mean besides the looks, whats the advantages of the diamond table. Also,
What questions should i ask the Pool Table Dealer before i purchase the table?

Cheers,
and thx for replying

ceebee
01-27-2006, 08:23 AM
Rohan, you should be able to find a good GOLD CROWN II for $2000 or less. Check your local classifieds. The table will never be worth a dime less than you paid for it.

One question you have to ask yourself... what kind of Pool Table will I compete on (i.e. tables at your local pool hall or Tavern ??) If your local Pool Room has GOLD CROWNs... that is my suggested direction....

FastJoey
01-28-2006, 01:05 AM
Rohan:slow down and take your time picking out your table.......get the one you really want ..don't cut any corners..that way you will always enjoy it .... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dahl
11-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Hey Rohan, Saw your old post. Got a Brunswick Gold Crown and extras for $1200. The bad news is its in Marietta, OH. mkingmarietta@hotmail.com

Rich R.
11-10-2006, 06:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Dahl:</font><hr> Hey Rohan, Saw your old post. Got a Brunswick Gold Crown and extras for $1200. The bad news is its in Marietta, OH. mkingmarietta@hotmail.com <hr /></blockquote>Dahl, the original post was back in January. I know you want to sell your table, but this person may have found a table within the last 10 months, don't you think?

BTW, did you know that the rules of this forum do not allow sales?