PDA

View Full Version : Alison Fisher vs. Helena Thornfelt ??

06-30-2002, 11:06 AM
I'm watching this Helena Thornfelt for the second time. I feel she is a little below Alison Fisher and probably Karen Korr. But she seems to play with a lot of heart. I think today might be her turn to beat a player better then herself.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-30-2002, 11:09 AM
Eddie, thanks, I am watching too...

Harold Acosta
06-30-2002, 11:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Eddie G Chgo:</font><hr> I'm watching this Helena Thornfelt for the second time. I feel she is a little below Alison Fisher and probably Karen Korr. But she seems to play with a lot of heart. I think today might be her turn to beat a player better then herself. <hr></blockquote>

That ain't gonna happen....

Kato
06-30-2002, 11:32 AM
Nope, sorry Eddie, not this time.

Kato

06-30-2002, 01:46 PM
Oh well. I was "WRONG AGAIN". She seemed to have a much better attitude then the last time I saw her play. She isn't equal to the top 3 that I've seen. Karen, Allison &amp; Jeanette are the other 3 I've seen play.

06-30-2002, 01:48 PM
Eddie, I hate to break it to you, but this is a match that took place nearly 8 months ago in early November. The sad thing is that not even yourself, but only those that really follow the pro tours (well less than 1% of all pool players) even know these ESPN matches are not live - and occurred usually months and sometimes in excess of a year ago!

If virtually everyone doesn't even know the difference (including pool players), what possible incentive will ESPN ever have to make the effort to televise and air these matches live?

Eddie, I won't spoil it for you and tell you who won, other than to say that to my recollection Helena has NOT beaten Allison in a tourney match since the finals of the Gentleman Jack Tourney in Dallas in 1997! - Chris in NC

PQQLK9
06-30-2002, 01:52 PM
There goes my Action/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif