PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Pool Tables

jjog
01-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Has anyone heard of Leagacy pool talbes? If so, are they any good? I'm intrested in the Romeo and it's a 1" thick slate table. Please post the goods and bads of Legacy tables.

Thanks!

bgrishkevich
01-27-2006, 08:41 AM
I just purchased one (Karlee)and it is scheduled to be delivered on Monday 1/30/06. I previously owned a Brunswick custom 8ft table. I looked long and hard at Brunswick, Olhausen, Diamond, Connely, ect..all in the $2500-$3500 price range. I went with the Legacy because of the build quality. This company is a furniture manufacturer and has a quality finish. Up until 8 or 9 years ago, they supplied almost every major pool table manufacturer with the parts in which they used to "put the table together". SO- if any dealer bad-mouths Legacy, remind them that this is where Brunswick got their parts as well. Remember that the cushions are all made at the same place for almost every company out there, and the slate comes from one of the 2 same mines. Legacy has low end tables (which have laminates and plyboard construction) and better tables (solid wood). These table are equal in quality to other builders, but costs significantly less. What a deal. Why pay more if you don't have to? I could care less if the label on my table says "Brunswick" or "Legacy". I kust want it to llok and play great. Legacy has a life time warranty and great under table construction. They do not use steel corner joints.
If you really want to make a good decision, do what I did. I opened up the yellow pages, and called 3 local billiards companies that don't sell tables, but work solely on moving tables and sub contracting to put tables together one sold. Most of these guys work for multiple dealers and build, deliver, and service multible brands. They are impartial to brand preferance since they don't sell a particular brand. The feed back I received on Legacy was outstanding on all 3 accounts. "legacy is build as good if not better than any other table we assemble and set-up" We have not had any issues with Legacy tables"."We like the solid construction and support system". After I hung up from this call, I placed my order for the Legacy Karlee, and saved $1750 on the same identical Olhausen table. Call me with any questions. Bruce (330) 603-8787.

iacas
01-27-2006, 10:28 AM
I ain't buyin' it. Literally. I've heard too many smart people give too many reasons why Legacy can't hold a candle to Olhausen, Connelly, etc.