PDA

View Full Version : Ga Young Kim

mrpool06
01-25-2006, 04:09 PM
I recently watched her play on ESPN a few times, can't remember the tournaments. She beat Karen Corr, Vivian Villareal & Julie Kelly in the matches I watched.

I think she's damn talented & was blown away by her playing. Great shotmaker & position player, seemed to have a coolness & confidence about her.

I give her about 1 year to overtake Allison as the top player (not to knock Allison in any way-she's my favorite female pool player).

tdurden87
01-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I watched her play the other day and she is a beast. She looked near flawless.

Barbara
01-25-2006, 07:01 PM
GYK is a very exciting player!! I had the pleasure of her playing in one of my events at Comet Billiards and she was just fascinating to watch!! The only time she had to stop moving was to wait for the balls to stop moving.

I hate to bring this up to Jenn Barretta, but GYK won in 30 minutes in a 9-1 match.

Plus, GYK loves my car.

Barbara

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mrpool06:</font><hr> I recently watched her play on ESPN a few times, can't remember the tournaments. She beat Karen Corr, Vivian Villareal &amp; Julie Kelly in the matches I watched.

I think she's damn talented &amp; was blown away by her playing. Great shotmaker &amp; position player, seemed to have a coolness &amp; confidence about her.

I give her about 1 year to overtake Allison as the top player (not to knock Allison in any way-she's my favorite female pool player). <hr /></blockquote>

Rich R.
01-25-2006, 08:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>I hate to bring this up to Jenn Barretta, but GYK won in 30 minutes in a 9-1 match.<hr /></blockquote>
While watching GYK play in a C.A.T. tournament, in Virginia, fellow CCB member Mike M. timed her. GYK broke and ran a rack of 9-ball in 56 seconds.

CaptainHook
01-26-2006, 05:59 AM
I think she has the best "Jump Shot" on the WPBA tour.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
01-26-2006, 07:08 AM
I've always said that GYK is one of my fav players and soon to be the fav player for me. I love her aggressive style of play that to me mimicks the way the men play (which is why I prefer following the male tourneys). I can count on 1 hand as to how many females I like to watch play and GYK is definitely one of them.

Barbara
01-26-2006, 07:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>I hate to bring this up to Jenn Barretta, but GYK won in 30 minutes in a 9-1 match.<hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, we did the same thing at Comet. She ran one rack in 45 seconds. It was the fastest rack Bill Haley ever saw.

Barbara
While watching GYK play in a C.A.T. tournament, in Virginia, fellow CCB member Mike M. timed her. GYK broke and ran a rack of 9-ball in 56 seconds. <hr /></blockquote>

Rich R.
01-26-2006, 09:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>I hate to bring this up to Jenn Barretta, but GYK won in 30 minutes in a 9-1 match.<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> While watching GYK play in a C.A.T. tournament, in Virginia, fellow CCB member Mike M. timed her. GYK broke and ran a rack of 9-ball in 56 seconds. <hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>Yeah, we did the same thing at Comet. She ran one rack in 45 seconds. It was the fastest rack Bill Haley ever saw.<hr /></blockquote>

I guess Mike M. chose to time one of the more difficult racks. It took GYK a whole 11 seconds longer to run it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
01-26-2006, 01:13 PM
While I've never seen her in person, I've watched her on TV and she is very exciting to watch. Her style reminds me of, dare I say it, Earl Strickland. She's quick and doesn't think to hard. Just does it. She'll be a powerful force in the near future.

DG

ryushen21
01-26-2006, 03:15 PM
GYK is simply an awesome player. Like NBG said, i love the face that she is aggressive and not afraid to take chances on the table.

I am hoping that i will get to see her play in person soon. She has really made a great name for herself in a very short period of time. And that speaks volumes to her talent.

SPetty
01-26-2006, 03:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Plus, GYK loves my car.<hr /></blockquote>SPetty loves your car too!

Deeman3
01-26-2006, 03:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> While I've never seen her in person, I've watched her on TV and she is very exciting to watch. Her style reminds me of, dare I say it, Earl Strickland. <font color="blue"> Can't wait to hear her say, "Be a Man!" </font color> She's quick and doesn't think to hard. Just does it. She'll be a powerful force in the near future.

DG <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Great player, Deewoman's favorite. </font color>

Deeman