PDA

View Full Version : Running a rack in 9 Ball

tdurden87
01-25-2006, 05:42 PM
I've been trying to run a rack of 9 ball when I thought of this question: If you don't pocket a ball on a break, but run 1-9 on your next chance, is that considered running a rack? I think that it wouldn't constitute as running a rack because if you were playing with someone, they would get a chance to shoot and I always thought that running a rack meant that you clear the table without your opponent getting a chance to shoot.

nAz
01-25-2006, 06:46 PM
when you break a full rack you may drop 3 balls on that break and only need to run 6 balls and that is considered a break and run, so i think if you run out 9 balls regardless of how many innings go by before you start that run it should still be a run out... now if you break and run out to the 6B and play a combo on the 9b is that considered a break and run?

jtlabs
01-25-2006, 07:34 PM
I would say so, since the opponent never saw the table.

Bob_Jewett
01-25-2006, 07:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tdurden87:</font><hr> I've been trying to run a rack of 9 ball when I thought of this question: If you don't pocket a ball on a break, but run 1-9 on your next chance, is that considered running a rack? ... <hr /></blockquote>
I think a break-and-run should be treated differently than full-rack run out. I think Accu-stats may have kept them in different categories in their statistical analyses. Since no one but Accu-stats keeps such stats, they would be the ones to ask.

One of the problems with nine ball is the lack of statistics from most tournaments.

Icon of Sin
01-26-2006, 03:17 PM
tdurden.

That is considered a run out, but I wouldnt consider that running a rack or a break and run as you opponent still had a chance to shoot.

nAZ:

I dont know if I would call that a break and run or not. Break and Run has a big feeling of accomplishment to it. If I snap 2 in and run the other 7 out I get a feeling of pride with that. If I snap 2 in and play a 1-9 combo, I still get a feeling of accomplishment by not letting my opponent step to the table but not as much as running all the balls out. Not sure if I would call that a break and run.