PDA

View Full Version : No smokes, 1 month and counting

ryushen21
01-26-2006, 03:18 PM
I know that there have been plenty of posts like this before. But i just wanted to let the CCBers that know me know that i have been without cigarettes for a full month now. And that is after three months in Europe where smoking is a continental pastime.

They say the first month is the hardest but i'm through it now. We'll see how the rest of it goes. It's definitely the hardest in the pool halls.

Drop1
01-26-2006, 06:03 PM
You are well on the way to being a non smoker. I admire the will power of every person that can do that.

cueball1950
01-26-2006, 11:09 PM
congratulations. i found that the hardest one to get over was that 1st one every morning. keep up the good work....mike

Deeman3
01-27-2006, 07:20 AM
My friend:

Congratulations. I wish you the best and hope you never smoke again. How's that one pocket going? I also hope you enjoyed your European adventure and watched my advice with the Spanish ladies. What the heck? You didn't need my advice, I was dull and never wanted to get shot, I hope it was fun.

I'll show you that one pocket move the next time we meet....LOL

Deeman

SpiderMan
01-27-2006, 07:54 AM
Dee,

You quit smoking last year, didn't you?

SpiderMan

ryushen21
01-27-2006, 08:24 AM
Thanks Dee,

The one pocket game, as with my entire game, is a little rusty. I never got the chance to play a lot while I was in Spain. The league thing didn't work out over there due to some kind of red tape bull.

I'll be sure to give you the full story of Spain the next time we meet up. And I'll keep practicing my OP skills so it won't bee too easy for you.

Deeman3
01-27-2006, 09:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Dee,

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">

Yes, but I soon started back. It was all the peer pressure. I was doing fine but everyone around me just wanted me to smoke again. My wife nagged me, "The air in this room is just too freash!" My parents said, :See, I told you Dee was a quiter, can't finish anything he starts!" The Social Security Administration kept sending me nasty notes. "Look what you are doing to our actuarial tables, we can't afford to pay benefits to you when you are due in 12 years! Light up, Comrade!!!

What do i do. Let my friends stand outside the building by themselves? Chuck that $650 gold lighter? Let the bottled oxyigen industry grind to a halt.

No, I did my part and went back to smoking..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Deeman
wheezing in Alabama with a banjo on my Iron Lung. </font color>

SpiderMan
01-27-2006, 10:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Dee,

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">

Yes, but I soon started back. It was all the peer pressure. I was doing fine but everyone around me just wanted me to smoke again. My wife nagged me, "The air in this room is just too freash!" My parents said, :See, I told you Dee was a quiter, can't finish anything he starts!" The Social Security Administration kept sending me nasty notes. "Look what you are doing to our actuarial tables, we can't afford to pay benefits to you when you are due in 12 years! Light up, Comrade!!!

What do i do. Let my friends stand outside the building by themselves? Chuck that $650 gold lighter? Let the bottled oxyigen industry grind to a halt.

No, I did my part and went back to smoking..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Deeman
wheezing in Alabama with a banjo on my Iron Lung. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, the "peer pressure" thing can be true. When someone stops smoking, his fellow smokers all secretly want him to fail. Often this is because the "quitter" is obnoxious about how much this is going to change his life, and how everyone he knows should join him.

Best thing to do when you quit is to keep it rather low-key, especially around other smokers. They'll do everything they can to trip you up.

SpiderMan

9 Ball Girl
01-27-2006, 02:49 PM
You go boy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

supergreenman
01-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Congratulations, I've been a non smoker for 8 years now and I can truthfully say every aspect of my life is better now. I'm not married anymore, I have more energy, I shoot better pool, and I can leap over buildings in a single bound. well, maybe little buildings for a model railroad or something /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

As another poster had mentioned your fellow smokers do want you to fail and will try and influence you. My uncle had quit for 5 months before anybody noticed.

James

SPetty
01-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Good for you, ryushen21! All you've got left to do now is to not fall for the "I was drinking beer and couldn't help myself" excuse for smoking another one. From here on out, if you smoke even one cigarette, it is because you will have consciously chosen to do so. When the strong urge comes, simply choose not to smoke. There's no such thing for you as "just one". You can do it!

Mrs_DG
01-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Great Job!
I've never smoked, thankfully, because I've heard how hard it is to quit. So my hat's off to you!
Keep up the great work!
Mrs. DG
enjoying the fresh country air in PA . . . DG doesn't smoke either.
P.S. GO STEELERS!

dg-in-centralpa
01-29-2006, 08:22 AM
Only a cigar once in a while.

DG

ryushen21
01-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Yeah, having to fight the urges is definitely the worst. But things are still going well. The pool is definitely the worst. So many of my friends smoke when they play and it is very tempting to go out there and get back into the old habit. Instead, i just stay at the table and keep on shooting.