PDA

View Full Version : Hello Straight Pool 14.1 Fans

koreandragon
01-27-2006, 12:25 AM
For all of you who have emailed us on info for the qualifiers for the World Straight Pool Championships,and those who want to wet your appetite for the main event please check out the BD Forum Tournament Section and full details are there

There will be 7 qualifiers worldwide including NYC, Philadelphia, Chicago, and Maryland for US events. Then Germany, Holland, and Canada.

Please pass the word on to any players you might know interested because we know many players have come up to us in person inquiring but we dont have ways of contacting them

If you'd like to be on our World Straight Pool Championship mailing list, please email us at www.dragonpromotions.com (http://www.dragonpromotions.com)

Thank you,
Charlie Williams
DP Founder

Fran Crimi
01-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Translation:

We're trying not to make this look like an ad since we know we're not supposed to post ads here. But since we're stuck posting it under the tournament section, we believe that many people may be missing out on information that will bring us money, so we're letting you know here that our ad is there.

We don't really 'care' about you all per say...it's your money and the success of our event that we really 'care' about since there are sponsors involved and the more we please them, the more money they'll give us.

So please do go over to the Tournament Announcement section and see our "INFORMATION" so that you can financially contribute to our event.

Oh, and BTW, here's the link to our website---you know---just for informational purposes of course......

(Gimme a break. LOL)

Rich R.
01-27-2006, 10:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Translation:

We're trying not to make this look like an ad since we know we're not supposed to post ads here. But since we're stuck posting it under the tournament section, we believe that many people may be missing out on information that will bring us money, so we're letting you know here that our ad is there.

We don't really 'care' about you all per say...it's your money and the success of our event that we really 'care' about since there are sponsors involved and the more we please them, the more money they'll give us.

So please do go over to the Tournament Announcement section and see our "INFORMATION" so that you can financially contribute to our event.

Oh, and BTW, here's the link to our website---you know---just for informational purposes of course......

(Gimme a break. LOL) <hr /></blockquote>
Fran, you hit the nail on the head with this one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, if you go to their web site and check the schedule, they currently have 5 events scheduled for 2006. However, there are no locations shown. What is wrong with this picture? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Is that a schedule, or wishful thinking?

Voodoo Daddy
01-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Tap, Tap, Tap!!!

All I wanna know is why some 14.1 players arent on the list!! I read all that on another site and was sickened, not stunned by it. Its like having Charlie at the Super Bowl, picking two teams to play because he like's their helmets &lt;puke inducing if ya ask me, but no one ever does&gt;

koreandragon
01-27-2006, 12:42 PM
The full list of invited players will be updated soon.

We will notify everyone as new players officially accept their invite.
Thank you everyone whos emailed us on your questions and support...we are all very excited as you are!

our website is being revamped and updated but we will have more info and news there as well including special tips on 14.1 from our experts Thorsten Hohmann and Mika Immonen
www.dragonpromotions.com (http://www.dragonpromotions.com)

jjinfla
01-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Hey Fran,

Didn't you once mention that you give lessons at the pool room where you are the pro and that thread was deleted pretty quick.

Yet this thread, which is strictly a for profit organization, is allowed to run.

Mike Zuglan didn't get invited. Neither did the Professor.

They must not play 14.1 well enough. Or is it that someone is afraid of them?

Is Charlie playing in it? Or just running it? Does he play 14.1?

Jake

cueball1950
01-27-2006, 07:24 PM
The guy putting up the money told me on az that Dragon promotions told him that they sent me an email stating that Mike Was invited. I offered to send him a copy of the email they replied to proving that no where in there did it say that he was invited. It said that he was under consideration is all. well he has not replied so he must not want to see it for himself..................mike

jjinfla
01-28-2006, 06:04 AM
I would think that the man putting up the money would have more control than that. I wonder if Sigel got an invite? Or Varner? Or Earl? But I doubt that they would bother with it. It is a shame that personalities get in the way of business decisions.

I have the Mike vs Mike video where Mike broke and then Mike ran 150 and out. The only other game of straight pool I watched was a couple years ago at the Patriot Cup and I really didn't care for it. To me it is more like a practice session where you just keep shooting all the easy shots. And yes, I know that is where the skill is. But still, it is booring.

Jake

Deeman3
01-28-2006, 07:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> I would think that the man putting up the money would have more control than that. I wonder if Sigel got an invite? Or Varner? Or Earl? But I doubt that they would bother with it. It is a shame that personalities get in the way of business decisions.

I have the Mike vs Mike video where Mike broke and then Mike ran 150 and out. The only other game of straight pool I watched was a couple years ago at the Patriot Cup and I really didn't care for it. To me it is more like a practice session where you just keep shooting all the easy shots. And yes, I know that is where the skill is. But still, it is booring.

Jake
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Jake,

I can't believe you think straight pool is boring. I have that same tape of Mike v. Mike and its on of my favorite matches of all time. There's nothing like watching a very skilled player play 14.1.

Deeman </font color>

Jay M
01-29-2006, 01:56 AM
FYI, the match that jjinfla watched at the Patriot Cup was Ray Martin vs Mike Zuglan. Quite frankly, neither of them were playing their best that day. The high run in the match was 38 by Zuglan, who ended up winning it.

Less than a week before, Ray shot out of a position where the cue was frozen on three sides inside the rack to run 84 and out against me.

jj, don't think that the match you saw at the PC was indicative of the game, it's not.

Jay M

Deeman3
01-29-2006, 07:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jay M:</font><hr> FYI, the match that jjinfla watched at the Patriot Cup was Ray Martin vs Mike Zuglan. Quite frankly, neither of them were playing their best that day. The high run in the match was 38 by Zuglan, who ended up winning it. <font color="blue"> Yes, I had not seen nor heard of that match. The 150 and out by Mike S. v. Mike Z. was one of the best I have seen. </font color>

Less than a week before, Ray shot out of a position where the cue was frozen on three sides inside the rack to run 84 and out against me. <font color="blue"> Wow, it might hurt when that happens but against Ray Martin, you have a great story to tell for all time. </font color>

jj, don't think that the match you saw at the PC was indicative of the game, it's not. <font color="blue"> Jay, No, although I have seen some thrilling defensive games, they are usually not as exciting as big runs. Of course, I usually wqatch the others guy make the big run. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif I really enjoyed 14.1 in Germany as we played it every week. it takes that, on my opinion to get consistent. </font color>

Deeman
Jay M <hr /></blockquote>

cueball1950
01-29-2006, 10:06 AM
JJ.... i think that Mike wants to big an appearance fee for showing up. I do know that some promoters have turned him down cuz he supposedly wanted something like 5k plus expenses. and quite frankly i don't think Mike is worth it, no matter how good he is/was.....JMHO.....................mike

DickLeonard
01-29-2006, 02:49 PM
KoreanDragon, Your not the same Chalking Chalie Williams the nineball player are you?####

Deeman3
01-29-2006, 04:50 PM
He is, Dick.

Deeman

DickLeonard
01-30-2006, 05:41 AM
Deeman Watching him play is better than a sleeping pill.####

Deeman3
01-30-2006, 08:19 AM
Dick,

I'm glad to see we agree on something! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman