PDA

View Full Version : Bucktooth makes it on America's Most Wanted!

Scott Lee
06-30-2002, 12:45 PM
For you older players, you may well remember a California player from the Bay area, by the name of Richard Cook, aka Bucktooth. Loud and obnoxious by most people's standard's, Bucktooth was famous for coming into the tournament at the end, with a briefcase full of cash, trying to goad people into high stakes games. Although Bucktooth could play, he usually tried to get weight, which often gave him the advantage in these high stakes games. On to the story...

Last night on America's Most Wanted, they profiled Bucktooth and Tony Annagoni on a program about Bucktooth being robbed about 5 years ago, at his family jewelry store.
The robber, someone both Tony and Bucktooth knew, goes by the nickname of Romeo, and purportly plays pretty sporty. Maybe somebody around the country (or world) will spot this Romeo, and can turn him in!

Scott Lee

06-30-2002, 12:47 PM
Gee, is this what they call poetic justice? LMAO

Vagabond
06-30-2002, 12:55 PM
Hi Scott Lee,
For a second I was shocked.I thought Buck Tooth broke the Law again( In West Virginia Did he not seve time before moving to California) U do not have to be old and feeble and/or grumpy to know this hustler.LOL.Any road player worth his salt should know about him. By the way I heard that Tony Annigoni came second to Rafael Martinez in a small tournament, last weekened, in Eugene,Oregan. Cheers
vagabond

06-30-2002, 06:57 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Romeo was actually mentioned quite a bit in Playing Off The Rail. Wasn't he the guy that "dressed like a rapper", wearing a ton of gold chains or something? Also one of the guys who'd "bet his 'roll vs yours"?

- Steve

Voodoo Daddy
07-01-2002, 11:41 AM
Saw the "Tooth" several times on out-west excursions. True pool icon...once saw a tape {think it was an accustat special thing} where was in one of his moods where he woofed for 45 straight minutes, truly entertaining.

Voodoo

07-01-2002, 01:05 PM
Holy [censored]! I just got done reading playing off the rail. I just think its amazing that these people really exist. I have to say bucktooth was my favorite character in the book. I would love to meet some of the folks in the book like the tooth and tony.

john bastian in pa

07-01-2002, 04:58 PM
vagabond sed :
Ask yourself ``when was the last time I was nice to another human being``

.... Why,just yesterday. I was going to beat an oldtimer out of some money playing pool, but I lost a couple of hundred instead. I'm just TOO nice...... Smorgass Bored

Chris Cass
07-01-2002, 11:57 PM
Hey Doug,

I'm the same way. I think we need to find another quote to live by. lol

Regards,

C.C.

07-02-2002, 02:02 AM
You'll have to excuse me, I'm laughing my ass off right now!!! Bucktooth? Tony Annigoni? On Americaa's Most Wanted??? As the victims??? I just wanna get this straight before the soda goes up my nose again!

I never thought poolplayers on that side of the tracks would fiind themselves on a nationally syndicated show being portrayed as the victims! Kind of like watching Ted Koppel interview Jerry Springer!

Jude M. Rosenstock

07-02-2002, 05:08 AM
This is old news. Someone posted this to ASP/RSB at least 6 months ago.

Regarding the crime, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an inside job.

--
Louis
Philadelphia, PA

Scott Lee
07-02-2002, 01:55 PM
Old news or not...it was on TV the night before I posted it...and they alluded to the 'inside job'! That's why they were rerunning the segment! THAT makes it NEW news!
Take your cynicism back to ASP/RSB!

Scott Lee
07-02-2002, 01:57 PM
Jude...LOL Ain't it the truth? Don't know so much about Tony's history, but Bucktooth certainly is no goody two-shoes! LOL

Scott

Vagabond
07-02-2002, 08:54 PM
Howdy folks,
For those who are curious to know who this Bucktooth is-you may get hold of grady Mathews book of Bet high Kiss low and find his picture.Infact grady`s book is a treasure of photos. Photos of Some of those charecters( road players like Bucky bell,Straw Berry, Newyork blackie,Handsome Danny Jones, cornbread Red etc.) are very difficult to get hold off.We are lucky,Grady provided them. Cheers
Vagabond

07-03-2002, 07:33 PM
Hey Scott!
I told my boss about this, and that Bucktooth was the 'victim' and he nearly burst a blood vessel laughing! I guess you can fool some of the people......