PDA

View Full Version : Scratch on side pocket

Drop1
01-27-2006, 08:54 PM
I have a problem on a bar table,with scratching
1. Following the ball into the pocket.
2. Hitting the ball,and then driving the cue ball straight to the corner pocket. I have this problem,when I have to shoot from head string area. I have tried both follow,and draw,with the same results. I will never beat Ga Young Kim,if this continues. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifSTART(
%H[8C9%Pn1S4%U]2E6%Vl5R3%_E6D0%`P4D2%aZ5D4

)END

Drop1
01-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Should have said side pocket. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Rod
01-27-2006, 09:54 PM
How you manage to scratch on a shot that isn't a scratch is priceless. LOL You can stop the c/b dead in it's tracks from there. Even if you just roll the ball in it isn't a scratch. Even if you shoot more firm with top it isn't a scratch although there is no need for speed on this shot.

You must be hitting it with more speed and a center ball stroke. Using a little top or draw easily misses the corner pocket. Hit the ball more head on with any stroke.

Rod

Rod
01-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Well in that case just cut the ball a little more. It's right by the side so if you hit left side of 3/4 ball or 1/4 ball it still goes in. Of course if you need position somewhere it dictates you hit a specific spot/angle.

Rod

walt8880
01-28-2006, 02:02 AM
Cut it a little more so you can't follow it in and shoot easy so the cue ball can't get to the corner.

As Mosconi said "soft and softer".

Drop1
01-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Rod,doing the impossible is my specialty. Hell, I'm the only guy I know that backed a car off a building:and I was stone cold sober. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

supergreenman
01-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Wow, on a shot like that the side pocket is huge, you can cut the OB to either side of the pocket, add top or bottom to the CB and come out with a thousand different scenarios that don't involve scratching.

James