PDA

View Full Version : OB-1 shaft

9ball_master
01-29-2006, 11:14 AM
I got acquainted with the ob-1 shaft through some posts on this forum and I really liked the idea of it's construction and even the weird looking ferrule so I got one.
It played really great for me, it has a nice action to it BUT lately I felt very off with it, I rolled it on the table and.... well I guess you can tell what I saw - it's warped /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
The shaft was stored in a 3x5 Talisman case and there were 3 other shafts in that case, two 314 shafts that one is 8 years old and the other is two months older then the ob-1, they are both straight just like new and so is the third shaft, I never broke with it or abused it in any way.
I know that these things sometimes happen but still it's a bummer....
I guess I'm back with my good old 314 shafts.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

jtlabs
01-29-2006, 05:30 PM
How long did you own your OB-1 shaft?
Does anyone else here have a warped OB-1 Shaft? I am looking at purchasing one but I certainly want a shaft that is going to last a long time. Let me know.

dareads
01-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Have you talked to obcues about this yet? I have seen Royce post on AZB boards and he seems to be a very good guy. This is the first time I have heard of that anyone has had a problem with one of their shafts.

Rich R.
01-29-2006, 07:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dareads:</font><hr> Have you talked to obcues about this yet? I have seen Royce post on AZB boards and he seems to be a very good guy. This is the first time I have heard of that anyone has had a problem with one of their shafts. <hr /></blockquote>
This is exactly what I was thinking, when I read the initial post.

9ball_master, before making a public complaint, I think it would have been better if you contacted the maker and give him a chance to make it right.

Sid_Vicious
01-29-2006, 09:53 PM
"I guess I'm back with my good old 314 shafts"

If you did not go directly to OB1 first with this current event and you come her in public, then I wonder about your real inrention. Never have I had a laminated shaft warp, 314 or OB1. What's your deal???sid

rbc
01-30-2006, 06:26 AM
9ball_master

I have sent you a pm. I am sorry you've had trouble with the shaft. Please contact me so that I can take care of it. I will replace the shaft with a new one.

Due to it's construction, the OB-1 shafts are very resistant to warpage. I would like to get that one back so that I can open it up and see if I can determine the cause.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Royce Bunnell
Owen Bunnell Inc.
www.obcues.com (http://www.obcues.com)
214-497-9323

catscradle
01-30-2006, 06:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rbc:</font><hr> 9ball_master

I have sent you a pm. I am sorry you've had trouble with the shaft. Please contact me so that I can take care of it. I will replace the shaft with a new one.

Due to it's construction, the OB-1 shafts are very resistant to warpage. I would like to get that one back so that I can open it up and see if I can determine the cause.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Royce Bunnell
Owen Bunnell Inc.
www.obcues.com (http://www.obcues.com)
214-497-9323
<hr /></blockquote>

Royce, was I mistaken or did I see your company's name among those listed as having a booth at the Super Billiards Expo? I'd love the oppourtunity to examine your shaft in the flesh.

Sid_Vicious
01-30-2006, 06:44 AM
Royce...I find that these shafts also seem to be more dent resistant as well. I haven't abused any of the three I've owned(well the tumble on US75 off the motorcycle, OUCH!) but I have hit the lights a few time over time and been happy to find no injury. Is there a reason for my percieved idea of added rugedness?

These shafts have so much response that I do a "wow" from time to time when I slightly overstroke. The OB1, IMSO, romps all over the 314. I find that the secret is playing a lot less english for the desired movement, not necessary...sid

rbc
01-30-2006, 06:53 AM
Yes, we will be at the Super Billiards Expo.

Our booth is number 26 on the upper level.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Royce

9ball_master
01-30-2006, 03:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> "I guess I'm back with my good old 314 shafts"

If you did not go directly to OB1 first with this current event and you come her in public, then I wonder about your real inrention. Never have I had a laminated shaft warp, 314 or OB1. What's your deal???sid
<hr /></blockquote>

WOW what an aggresive forum we have here... someone forgot to take their medicine....
I guess that you are all right about that I had to talk to OB Cues before posting here, BUT I did not post that message to hurt anyone or to get a free shaft or even a replacement, just wanted to let you guys know what happen to me and I guess I didn't think things through and NO I do NOT have any hidden intention....

Royce, I got your PM and I'm sorry about the tone of things that may came out of my post, I will send you an e-mail by the weekend.

Have a good day /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SPetty
01-30-2006, 04:39 PM
I'm glad things are working out for you. I really really like my OB-1 shaft, a lot more than my Predator shaft. AND, I had a Predator warp on me even though I took real good care of it. My OB-1 is still straight. I think that it's just one of those rare things that happens.

Sid_Vicious
01-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Sorry I came so fast and abrupt, not like me in general. Apologies...sid

jingle
02-06-2006, 11:01 AM
How does the OB-1 compare to the Z-shaft? I have a z-shaft and two 314's and one thing I really like about the z over the 314's is better feel/feedback. Any regular z-shaft users that have tried the OB-1 that can offer a comparison?