PDA

View Full Version : 1st cue question

Matty
01-30-2006, 09:49 AM
I've recently gotten back into playing pool after 15+ years off. I've been using an old (not that good) cue and I'm looking to get a new one. I would like to stay in the $100-160.00 range.

I have a friend who uses a Schmelke and likes it alot and they have quite a few in the price range I'm looking at.

Can I get some feedback/suggestions on this manufacturer as well as others. Also, what do I look for as far as joints and tips. I know I prefer a med. to hard tip, but I am ignorant to what else is important.

Thanks in advance,

Matty

supergreenman
01-30-2006, 09:54 AM
You're right, you should make sure you get a cue with a tip on it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Seriously, I think you're the only one that knows what cue will suit you best. Just a quick look on e-bay will tell you that it's a buyers market out there. You can spend a fortune to get yourself a pretty cue, but you can get yourself a pretty good cue for the range you're in.

James

Drop1
01-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Go to a local billiard supply store,and try some cues in your price range. China is putting out some nice cues,and why not, all the shaft wood is U.S.,or Canadian maple. You might want to change the tip.