PDA

View Full Version : Decot Sport Glasses

Doctor_D
06-30-2002, 02:39 PM
Good evening:

My prescription Decot Sport Glasses arrived just in time for the Arlington tournament. Awesome, totally awesome. My only complaint is that I waited so damn long to order a pair for myself. Should have done so much sooner.

These glasses, with larger lenses and an adjustable nose bridge, are totally awesome!

Dr. D.

CarolNYC
06-30-2002, 03:17 PM
They looked very classy also! Very,very nice!
Carol~still love my Ray Bans!

JimS
06-30-2002, 03:20 PM
I'm happy with mine too but I had to order a second set of lens. I originally got the bifocal but that little bifocal circle in the corner made me dizzy as hell. I'm used to lineless bifocals and I just could not function with that style of lens. Wish they had a choice of a bifocal with the greater magnification across the very bottom of the lens.

Doctor_D
06-30-2002, 03:54 PM
Good evening Jim:

I have a prescription, non bi-focal, which was written exclusively for use on the pool table. I brought my cue with me to the eye doctor who wrote a prescription which is only good from 3' to 12' and as such these new glasses are great. My regular glasses are varilux lenses and were a disaster on the table.

Dr. D.

JimS
06-30-2002, 04:34 PM
I had mine made for the 3 to 12 ft range too.......and that's why I wanted the bifocal. Wanted to be able to read the menu, scoreboard, etc, without changing glasses. I always want it ALL!

06-30-2002, 05:51 PM
I started wearing glasses in 2000. In March and April of 2002 I bought two new pairs. This was before I started playing pool again. I was told I have a small head. I think my hat size is 7 1/8. So I was told to get small frames. It took over an hour finding some that fit and could be made with the progressive or triple perscrition without lines. This is what everyone suggested I get at places like Pearl, Lenscrafters, Wal Mart etc. Do any of you use these type of glasses to shoot pool with?

To those of you who had yours made for the 3' to 9' or 12' range. Are those just 1 prescription. I hate the narrow field of view on my glasses. And I have to constantly keep resetting them up as high as I can before I can shoot a long shot. If I don't I'm looking over the lense or frame and can't see well at all. I guess I could shoot without the glasses. Are there any chain stores like Pearl, Lenscrafters, WalMart or Sears etc that sell these frames. I might have to get a childrens size frame. I look through the middle part of the lens for arms length distance. So I can see the cue ball good. I look through the top section for distances further. So I can see the long shots good. But I have to keep raising up my glasses because of the small size lenses. And the bottom part is for reading.

Could I have glasses made without lines with just a double perscription? Say the arms length and the distance length? And not use them for reading? Or would this be stupid or not work well? Here is my perscriptions.
OD +1.25
OS +1.00
I think that means my arms length perscrition is +1.25 and my distance perscription is +1.00.

Then it says add 1.50/1.75 prog.
I think this is for the bottom part for reading. I remember the doctor said I have to take one perscription and add about half to get the reading perscription. I think she said I if I buy separate glasses for reading from say Sam's or WalMart, I should get about +2.50 if I plan to use them to read with.

Then it say Computer:
OD +175 DS
OS +175 DS
The doctor said I should use about +1.75 when using the computer. So I bought the 3 pairs of reading glasses at Sam's Club for the computer. I see well with them on the computer. But as the doctor said they are a little too weak for reading.

With my triple prescription glasses I can see to read, I can see to walk. But you can't look down by your feet when going downstairs because of distortion. So I guess the arms length is okay. And I can see okay with the distance. But I can use these glasses while on the computer. The field of view is too narrow. And they aren't clear while on the computer. I have to keep moving my hear to much. And the computer isn't as clear as with the 1.75 reading glasses I use at the computer.

So I'm guessing some of you use a single perscription for shooting pool. Do any of you use a double perscription like I asked above? And do some of you use the triple prescription? I don't have the extra money now for the billiard glasses. And I don't want to have to buy them through the mail and then end having to buy a second set of lenses. Thanks.

06-30-2002, 09:25 PM
I wear tri-focals and now shoot without glasses. I'm ready to order the Decots but only with the best prescription my Dr. could give me that goes out to about 12'. I know that it is not the best of all worlds, especially when the cue ball is close to the object ball, or it is a very long shot. But hopefully the balls will be somewhat sharper over all, except for the above extremes. I have tried but can't use the tri-focals at all! Any suggestions?

JimS
07-01-2002, 07:00 AM
Sounds like the 3 to 12 foot perscription is what you need....but what do I know? NUTTIN!....but it works for me and the Decots ARE the nuts!But...next time I'll try to get larger lens in my regular lineless bifocals, use a strap so they stay up and not have to change back and forth.

Pizza Bob
07-01-2002, 07:16 AM
Interesting! My bifocals are also varilux and I have absolutely no problem with them on the pool table. If I understand my optician correctly, the beauty of the varilux lens is that you have multiple focal points up the center of the lense, making them good for a variety of distances, not just the two of the "line-type" bifocals. That has been my experience, with no trouble using them for everything from close-up preceision work, to using the computer (often a problem application) to playing pool or shooting (guns). I love them. Maybe a difference in the perscription? Mine work - that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

07-01-2002, 07:25 AM
WERE CAN I GET THEM ? AND HOW MUCH ARE THAY?

Doctor_D
07-01-2002, 07:30 AM
Good morning:

www.sportglasses.com (http://www.sportglasses.com)

Dr. D.

07-01-2002, 08:12 PM
THANKS 4 THE INFO ......

Q-guy
07-02-2002, 03:59 PM
I looked at the web site and they don't look like the glasses that a guy used to post here about some time back. He got chased away for trying to promote his product but they looked nice. They had I believe a second hinge to adjust the lens in front of the eye. If anyone knows what I am talking about, I would be interested in the info. I am thinking about glasses myself. I can't see the end of the table and although I ware glasses I don't play with them. Actually I have almost quit playing due to my eyesight. I have been thinking about trying to learn to play with glasses.