PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Action & Entertainment Award Results

Cornerman
01-31-2006, 08:12 AM
2006 Derby City Classic “St. Louis” Louis Roberts Award

The award goes to the person that is exemplifies the meaning of action and entertainment throughout his/her attendance at the Diamond Derby City Classic. As is the case every year, there were many participants that were worthy of the title, but in the end, there can only one winner.

After the votes were cast and tallied, the results are in. The 2006 “St. Louis” Louis Roberts Award goes to <font color="purple">Cliff Joyner </font color> of High Point, NC. Cliff was in non-stop one-pocket action from the first day to the last. And whether it was morning, noon, or night, Cliff always had a crowd sweating his match-ups. Congratulations Cliff on this well-deserved honor

Twenty-two votes were received from the internet forum community, with eleven of them casting first place votes for Cliff. Keith Bennett and Jon Tater rounded out the top three.

Shorty
01-31-2006, 08:49 AM
Great choice IMO...always reading about him in action it seems. Does the winner really get anything?

Shorty

Cornerman
01-31-2006, 09:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Shorty:</font><hr> Great choice IMO...always reading about him in action it seems. Does the winner really get anything?

Shorty <hr /></blockquote>Recipients of the A/E event win Free Room and Free Entry Fees for life to the Derby City Classic.

Fred

Shorty
01-31-2006, 09:56 AM
Just curious here...but how is that paid for??? Be nice if their was a write up about St. Louis Louis and maybe some background on the award is all I am saying.

Shorty

Deeman3
01-31-2006, 10:24 AM
Fred,

A really great choice. I watched a couple of his match-ups and visited ith him for a while.

Fred, we miss those bang up action summaries you usually give after the Derby. I know you were really busy with the other stuff you were doing but, if you get a chance, let us know what you enjoyed.

Also, I wish so many of the action matches were not games ahead. It just makes for too many matches that drag on forever and quite a few that never come to a conclusion. JMO Loved the straight pool challenge and the IPT slapped on the end was nice bonus. Hands down, best tournament of the year, every year.

Deeman

Cornerman
01-31-2006, 11:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Shorty:</font><hr> Just curious here...but how is that paid for??? Be nice if their was a write up about St. Louis Louis and maybe some background on the award is all I am saying.

Shorty <hr /></blockquote>Greg Sullivan started the award to recognize the action players. As far as I know, he pays for it as well.

The best person to ask about a write up on St. Louis Louis Roberts is Tom Ferry, aka OldHasBeen.

Fred