PDA

View Full Version : KAREN ARMSTRONG-VIRGINIA STATE CHAMPION!

CarolNYC
06-30-2002, 04:27 PM
Karen Armstrong(Beare,Delaware) is now the reigning Virginia State Champion! In a true double elimination against Jennifer Baretta, Karen won the first game 7-3!She is a two-time Delaware State Champion and Maryland State Champion-she has swept the coast! CONGRATulations to Karen -she is on her way to the Womens US open in New Mexico! And congratulations to Jennifer Baretta for 2nd place win!
Carol

MikeM
06-30-2002, 04:36 PM
Wow Carol that was fast! I just got back from watching the CAT ladies play. Karen Armstrong played very well today as did Jennifer in her second place finish. Gina Kim-Lipsky came in third and played very strongly. Sarha Rousey was fourth.

I spent the afternoon watching with NOSTROKE and all of his Corner Billiards buddies. Real fun time.

MM

Barbara
06-30-2002, 04:51 PM
Wow!!!!

And so where was she last weekend in NJ????

Congrats Karen!!!

Barbara~~~knows Karen can play some big time 8-ball...

Tom_In_Cincy
06-30-2002, 04:52 PM
Is it me, or does it sound like all the ladies are having the pool fun this summer.. ???

Looks like my fun doesn't start until Sept. with the US Open..

CarolNYC
06-30-2002, 05:22 PM
Hi Mike,
Im sorry I didnt have the pleasure of meetng you or did I?Karen called me immediately-thank God for cell phones /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif-glad you had a good time-boy, I must have been in another world not meeting everyone who was down there! Im sad about that! Hopefully another time!
Take care!
Carol

CarolNYC
06-30-2002, 05:24 PM
At a shooting range winning another trophy-she's also a sharpshooter!:)
Carol

CarolNYC
06-30-2002, 05:26 PM
Hope you have fun Tom-Im sure you will!
Have a nice day!
Carol

MikeM
06-30-2002, 05:42 PM
No you didn't see me this time because I was only there on Friday night and today. I did meet you and Jim in Laurel, briefly. I'm sure we'll catch up at another stop.

MM

06-30-2002, 08:00 PM
CONGRADULATIONS GIRLIE!!! Am so proud =) You deserve it!! Hope to see you soon =)

Amanda

PS. . . HI CAROL!!! =)

07-01-2002, 07:29 AM
Hey Amanda,
Let me say, you are ONE CLASSY Lady-and a helluva a great sportswoman-not many would have called a foul on themselves-I have great respect for you and your game! Good luck in the future and I am sure we will see eachother again!
You take care!
Carol

CarolNYC
07-01-2002, 07:50 AM
Hey Mike,
YES, I know now!
You take care-we will meet again!
Carol~as Dr.D would say-SENIOR MOMENT! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Holly
07-01-2002, 08:23 AM
yes she is : ) Me T, and E had not heard about Amanda calling a bad hit on herself, but am not suprised. Amanda and I have known each other for years and she is one heck of a good player and a nice gal to boot!

I want to thank everyone who attended the tournament this weekend in Arlington. Especially our Honorary CATS (in training) : ) Kiana and Valerie for their wonderful assistance. They are awesome young ladies and a testiment to their parents.

Also thanks to the dynamic Rhoads duo and dear Harry for their generous donations to the DC Area Food Bank.

Everone please take care and have a wonderful July 4th holiday!

Holly

9 Ball Girl
07-01-2002, 01:07 PM
http://azbilliards.com/2000storya.cfm?storynum=254

Nostroke
07-01-2002, 01:21 PM
Thanks-That story has slight error though It was Ellie Chang who won the qualifier last week, not Caroline. I emailed AZbilliards.

07-01-2002, 01:30 PM
Thanks Carol =) It was a pleasure playing you as well. . even though you beat up on me!! LOL =) Hope to see you again as well =)

Take Care
Amanda

07-01-2002, 01:38 PM
awww. . . **blushes** Thanks Holly =) Can't wait to see you guys at Bill & Billies =) xoxo

Amanda

9 Ball Girl
07-01-2002, 02:56 PM
Thanks for letting us know and thanks for emailing AZB. Go Ellie!

SpiderMan
07-02-2002, 08:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> Karen Armstrong(Beare,Delaware) is now the reigning Virginia State Champion! Carol <hr></blockquote>

Carol,

I'm sure there's logic behind this, but it seems strange to me that the Virginia State Champion is not from Virginia. Maybe they have to open it up to all players because they wouldn't get enough entrants otherwise? Can one person theoretically be the "state champion" everywhere? I'm imagining what it would be like to watch the Miss America pageant and realize that all 50 "State Champions" were from Spokane /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif.

SpiderMan

CarolNYC
07-02-2002, 05:23 PM
Hi Spiderman,
How are you?All State Championships are open tournaments-to achieve a State title is a very good accomplishment-as far as I know, Karen and Allison have been State Champions in many States-you do not have to be from that state to hold the title-its just a very difficult tournament because of the competition! Im just very surprised that only one TP played this one!
Stay well!
Carol