PDA

View Full Version : Finger Extensions

poolprodigy
01-31-2006, 03:58 PM
Hi All,

I once seen a picture in a magazine of Earl Strickland using a finger extension on his break.

Another time i seen an article on a magazine in which Johnny Archer carries 2 finger extension in his pool case always.

Recently i was thinink about finger extensions and how useful it will be for jump shots. I can get my bridge height only so much and i would like to get a little more height in order to successfully execute a jump shot.

Anyone know where i can buy finger extensions or give me ideas on how to make one? I would really appreciate any input or ideas on this.

Thanks.

SPetty
01-31-2006, 04:47 PM
Here's a picture from our own BillPorter from DCC a year ago...

http://billporter.smugmug.com/photos/14903094-M.jpg

More pics from 2005:
http://billporter.smugmug.com/gallery/362924/1

mworkman
02-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Yes.. What works perfectly is cigar holders. They are about perfect. Just cut them off to size, one will be a little longer then the other because your fingers aren't the same length. It does work well for jump shots especially those that are close (2 ball widths of less) it will give you the extra height needed. Also works well for shooting over multiple balls.

Snapshot9
02-03-2006, 08:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolprodigy:</font><hr> Hi All,

I once seen a picture in a magazine of Earl Strickland using a finger extension on his break.

Another time i seen an article on a magazine in which Johnny Archer carries 2 finger extension in his pool case always.

Recently i was thinink about finger extensions and how useful it will be for jump shots. I can get my bridge height only so much and i would like to get a little more height in order to successfully execute a jump shot.

Anyone know where i can buy finger extensions or give me ideas on how to make one? I would really appreciate any input or ideas on this.

Thanks. <hr /></blockquote>

There is also an item called a 'Pool Stilt' which is used for jump shots. They are made from wood, and are L shaped except the longer part of the L extends below where the short part joins it. It is used upside down, and you rest your thumb on one side, and your forefinger on the other side, and it does nothing more than give you extra height with a steady base for shooting jump shots. They are about as big around as a pencil, maybe slightly thinner, with no trouble to fit in a case. They also would not be hard to make.