PDA

View Full Version : Utah Man Who Reported Pot Theft Arrested

SnakebyteXX
01-31-2006, 10:23 PM
An Orem man who called police to report the theft of a quarter-pound of marijuana was arrested when police recovered the bag of pot and then invited him to come to the Public Safety Building to identify it.

Kory C. Tippetts, 18, identified the pot as his and then was arrested and booked into the Utah County jail for investigation of possession of marijuana in a drug-free zone with intent to distribute, Orem police said Tuesday.

Tippetts had called police on Monday evening after he returned home and found that someone had broken a window, got cut on the glass, and crawled into the house. Tippetts told police the only thing missing was the quarter-pound of marijuana he was selling.

He also told officers that earlier in the day a man had called him about buying some marijuana, but Tippetts was on his way to work and told the caller no.

Tippetts gave police the man's name.

Officers found Richard W. Hight, 23, at his mother's home in Provo. He had a cut on his arm and blood-soaked pants. Police also recovered six ounces of marijuana at the home.

Hight was arrested for investigation of burglary, theft and possession of marijuana in a drug-free zone with intent to distribute and booked into the Utah County jail.

web page (http://www.forbes.com/business/feeds/ap/2006/01/31/ap2489947.html)

eg8r
02-01-2006, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
An Orem man who called police to report the theft of a quarter-pound of marijuana was arrested when police recovered the bag of pot and then invited him to come to the Public Safety Building to identify it. <hr /></blockquote> This man is an idiot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I still remember my neighbors in college getting arrested for having pot. They had their whole coffee table filled with bags of pot and they were sitting on the couch next to it watching TV. Well, there was a knock at the door and they yelled "Come In". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Much to their surprise it was the police (not sure why the came in the first place since the party was 2 doors down). Well, all 3 of them were hauled off to jail. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

sack316
02-02-2006, 02:44 AM
That story remind me of another fun bonehead move. Not sure where I heard it (may have even been on here for all I know!), but at any rate a group of people contacted the police to file a report about some money that was stolen from their house. Now here's the kicker, when they were speaking with police, they actually referred to the money as "the money they stole from the bank"! Gotta love it!

Sack