PDA

View Full Version : Valley Forge CCB tournament

runout1961
02-01-2006, 05:45 AM
Hello everyone. Less than two months to go til valley forge. I am taking military leave from germany just to come to the VF. I was wondering how everyone will be meeting up and if there will be a ccb tournament?

Runout1961
Firefighter, USAF

dg-in-centralpa
02-01-2006, 05:30 PM
There is no CCB tournament for Valley Forge. The only way we could do it, would be to travel 10-15 miles to a pool hall. There's too much happening at VF. Especially with so many of us playing in one tourney or another. Are you playing again this year?

DG - already signed up, hoping to do better than 1 and done

runout1961
02-02-2006, 06:01 AM
Yeah I'm playing in the amateur tournament. I got my confirmation letter last week. Reservations for the car and hotel are done and I'm ready to go!!!!! I would like to put a face on some of the names on here. The last time I went a couple years ago i know there was a booth for everyone to sign in. Then i met CarolNYC from a distance.

Runout1961
Firefighter, USAF

Rich R.
02-02-2006, 06:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote runout1961:</font><hr> Yeah I'm playing in the amateur tournament. I got my confirmation letter last week. Reservations for the car and hotel are done and I'm ready to go!!!!! I would like to put a face on some of the names on here. The last time I went a couple years ago i know there was a booth for everyone to sign in. Then i met CarolNYC from a distance.

Runout1961
Firefighter, USAF <hr /></blockquote>
Good luck in the tournament. I'm sure other CCB'ers will also be playing. I will be playing in the Senior tournament.

The booth you are referring to, from a couple of years ago, was Dr. D's "Billiards Workbook" booth. Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, that booth will not be there this year.

Some of us, have CCB key chains attached to our cue cases and some of us have CCB lapel pins. I have both. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif I know it is hard to pick these things out, with the crowds, but one may catch your eye.

If you would like to meet one old guy, you may be able to track me down on the Senior charts. Look quick, because I may not be there for long. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
My name will be listed as Richard Rhoads.

If you want to post your real name here, or send me a PM, I will try to track you down, to say "Hi".

Icon of Sin
02-02-2006, 09:13 AM
I will be in the amateur tourney. I think my father will be in the senior tourney.

CarolNYC
02-03-2006, 06:23 AM
Hey John,
How are you?
One of my sponsors,EUROWEST, will be at the lower level,If youse want, I got the okay and we can get some kind of "sign-in" of who's here and who's who,ya know?
I know your name, so I can find where your playing and sweat ya /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif,amongst others,but there are some I don't know /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I'll be at Eurowests booth ,probably in the front entrance and probably handing out badges Weds. evening-dont know for sure-
Im spending this weekend with Dawn, so I'll find out for sure!
Take care!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, I forgot, "shoot their lights out! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dg-in-centralpa
02-03-2006, 08:03 PM
John,
We met briefly the last time you played here. I'll try to look you up. Hopefully I do better than one and done. I'm also playing the amateur tourney.

DG

dg-in-centralpa
02-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Carol,
I definitely will be looking for you as you owe me a "BIG" hug.

Duane - will introduce Mary and my daughter to you and Barbara

CarolNYC
02-04-2006, 03:51 AM
Hey Duane,

I OWE you a "BIG" dinner too!
I really apoplogize for last year-it was pretty CRAZY /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Im very anxious to meet your family-I can't wait!
Carol~hoping everyone makes it in the MONEY /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
02-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Carol,
Just a hug will be sufficient. But we can get together if you're free, for dinner, my treat.
Duane

runout1961
02-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Hey Carol,

I will definately be stopping by the Eurowest booth. A bunch of my friends of mine here in Germany have Eurowest cues and their great. Do you think it will be possible for everyone to meet up at your booth at a certain time? By reading some of the other posts i am not the only one who wants to meet others.

Thanks, John

nAz
02-04-2006, 01:58 PM
RO1961 I may go this year just not sure yet, if I do I will likely be hanging around with 9ballgirl or around the Jim Murnak booth. (custom case maker) I had a good time last year playing a midnight tourney at a local PH. i am sure Eric will be around for it as well as Catscradle who i met last year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CarolNYC
02-05-2006, 04:18 AM
Hi John,
[ QUOTE ]
A bunch of my friends of mine here in Germany have Eurowest cues and their great. <hr /></blockquote>

Thats awesome!

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think it will be possible for everyone to meet up at your booth at a certain time <hr /></blockquote>
Ha,ha,ha-its not MY booth, I work for Dawn,ha ha ha ha!

I dont care WHERE we meet up, as long as we all meet up somewhere,ya know?Theres so many of us that will be at certain booths, so , if we can all just get together,suggest a time&amp;place,that would be cool-
I will be there Tuesday and on........Weds. evening from 6-10pm, I'll be giving out players badges,so,hopefully I'll get to see some of you at that time-I will have my staff schedule,so I'll know when I'm free-I suggested the sign in at the Eurowests so we at least know who's here-whatever-lets just do it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I can't wait-have a safe trip and see ya soon!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
02-05-2006, 04:19 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
02-05-2006, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not sure yet <hr /></blockquote>
Would ya make up your mind already,ah-ite? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hanging around with 9ballgirl <hr /></blockquote>
Hmmmm......now how do I interpret this one?????????

[ QUOTE ]
Jim Murnak booth <hr /></blockquote>
Wow, good for Jim-I seen the case he made for Jen (Barette)-way to go Jim!
Carol~waiting patiently for the difficult decision /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nAz
02-07-2006, 09:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
not sure yet <hr /></blockquote>
Would ya make up your mind already,ah-ite? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
hanging around with 9ballgirl <hr /></blockquote>
Hmmmm......now how do I interpret this one?????????

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Jim Murnak booth <hr /></blockquote>
Wow, good for Jim-I seen the case he made for Jen (Barette)-way to go Jim!
Carol~waiting patiently for the difficult decision /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>\

What your waiting for??? I visited his shop last week... wow is all i can say, the man knows his stuff.

I will probably be there (VF) maybe. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif will you by me a drink if i go?

Eric.
02-07-2006, 09:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> RO1961 i am sure Eric will be around for it ... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yep, I'm there.

Eric &gt;will try to catch up to nAz

CarolNYC
02-08-2006, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
will you by me a drink if i go? <hr /></blockquote>

Yes-as many as you want /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
02-08-2006, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Yes-as many as you want /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>Geez, don't get him started. There will be no hanky panky going on at this trip! You got that nAz? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wendy&lt;---I'm a good girl. I don't drink alkeyhol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif