PDA

View Full Version : Bata's eye surgery

SPetty
02-01-2006, 10:36 AM
Here's a story on Efren Reyes' eye surgery that I wanted to put here so that if/when I am ever a candidate for this, I can refer back to this to get the guy that Efren picked!

web page (http://news.inq7.net/sports/index.php?index=1&story_id=64004)

Editor's Note: Published on page A24 of the Jan. 25, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

CUE MASTER Efren “Bata” Reyes has a literally clearer vision in looking at the coming pro billiards season.

The 51-year-old Reyes, his eyesight restored to better than normal proportions, is enjoying the second wind of his fabled career and is aiming to dominate the pool scene yet again.

The easy-going, good-natured Reyes ended last season with a bang, sealing top rank in the United States circuit money race by winning $200,000 in the International 8-ball shootout in Orlando, Florida.

It was a victory that signaled Reyes’ return to the top after months of mediocrity caused by chronic cueing elbow pain and deteriorating eyesight mainly because of age.

His dry eye symptoms and far-sighted error of refraction and astigmatism were corrected by a short and painless procedure at the American Eye Center.

The Lasik Refractive Surgery, performed by Dr. Jack Arroyo, lasted only 20 minutes and gave the billiards ace “20/15” vision, a line better than the normal “20/20.”

Reyes begged off from playing for the Philippines in the Southeast Asian Games last month because he was contemplating on going to the US to have his eyes treated.

With improved vision, “The Magician” sees nothing less than a dominating season again.