PDA

View Full Version : Coincidently, yesterday

wolfdancer
02-01-2006, 03:16 PM
both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address fell on
the same day. As Air America Radio pointed out, "It is an ironic juxtaposition: One involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, and the other involves a groundhog."
And we also had the defense's opening statements in the Lay/Skilling case, coupled with the Presidential Bushit.....it was a great day for fans of fiction

Barbara
02-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Uh, actually, Groundhog Day is tomorrow - February 2nd.

Barbara

Deeman3
02-01-2006, 04:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Uh, actually, Groundhog Day is tomorrow - February 2nd.

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Not according to the Air America callender and Wolfdancer's tribal tatoo.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Deeman
he may be adumb president but he knows when Groundhog day is....

Gayle in MD
02-02-2006, 05:35 AM
"Look to a creature of little intelligence for prognastication" AH HA HA HA HA...thanks for the laugh Jack...good description! All we got was more BS from the land of Oz! The speech was a joke!

Gayle in Md. Why doesn't someone teach Laura how to clap like a lady. She looks like a seal, with those flayed hands and arms flying, all she needs is a big beach ball on her nose! ARF ARF ARF!

DickLeonard
02-02-2006, 06:08 AM
Gayle I guess David Letterman said it best on his Top Ten List of what he has learned on 24 years with the late show.

It is better to have a Horny President than an Idiot one.

Gayle in MD
02-02-2006, 06:19 AM
BWA HA HA HA HA....that's a good one, I'd rather have a huge surplus from a horny president, than a huge deficit from monogamous one, LOL. Anyway, what makes people think that a man can't run a country while sporting a woody, lol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
02-02-2006, 06:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> LOL, that is hilarious. No wonder these guys cannot win anything. They don't even know how to read a calendar. Well not all is lost, that little joke has now enlightened all 5 of the listeners of Air America. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Talk about ironic, as those 5 listeners were getting dumber by the minute laughing at that joke, they were getting smarter because they had to look up the words juxtaposition and prognostication. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

Deeman3
02-02-2006, 07:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote> LOL, that is hilarious. No wonder these guys cannot win anything. They don't even know how to read a calendar. Well not all is lost, that little joke has now enlightened all 5 of the listeners of Air America. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Talk about ironic, as those 5 listeners were getting dumber by the minute laughing at that joke, they were getting smarter because they had to look up the words juxtaposition and prognostication. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">

Ed,

Good point. If most Americans have had it with the right, why can't they even get enough viewers to prop up a radio station? Why, does their only official left wing broadcast group (NPR) have to have public finding to survive? Remember when Air America was going to change the political face of media? What a joke! </font color>

Deeman
Al Franken? How many shows did he last?

SpiderMan
02-02-2006, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Uh, actually, Groundhog Day is tomorrow - February 2nd.

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Not according to the Air America callender and Wolfdancer's tribal tatoo.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Deeman
he may be adumb president but he knows when Groundhog day is.... <hr /></blockquote>

Air America must be a right-wing plant to make liberals look clueless!

Maybe that's why Gayle was complaining about Ronald Reagan signing the (Clinton) Brady Bill? And perhaps that's how Al Gore invented the internet! Let's search through the archives to see how many of our misguided debaters called Whitewater a "George Bush Scam"!

SpiderMan

wolfdancer
02-02-2006, 02:07 PM
I have taken the time from my busy schedule, to reply to Barbara's allegations, in another thread.
Simply put, Air America was referencing the Julian calendar, to make the date coincide, thus vaildating the joke.
And ed8r is so right, I often have to look up the meaning of new words, though normally not from a right wing missive...since they are all based on the same script.....
AND....I'm surprised that you have time to check the board....don't you work the day shift?...why aren't you down there, fitting doors? no wonder Humvees are so expensive, and get such poor gas mileage

Deeman3
02-02-2006, 03:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I have taken the time from my busy schedule, to reply to Barbara's allegations, in another thread.
Simply put, Air America was referencing the Julian calendar, to make the date coincide, thus vaildating the joke. <font color="blue"> That's your story and you're sticking to it...LOL </font color>
And ed8r is so right, I often have to look up the meaning of new words, though normally not from a right wing missive...since they are all based on the same script.....
AND....I'm surprised that you have time to check the board....don't you work the day shift?...why aren't you down there, fitting doors? no wonder Humvees are so expensive, and get such poor gas mileage <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Actually, I work all shifts most days, about 14-16 hours will usually do. If we did, indeed, produce Humvees I would be setting doors all day and night. We make the little ones that get world class gas mileage and polute very little. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

Gayle in MD
02-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Please explain to me why Reagan always seems to get the credit for bringing the hostages home, when they were released before he actually took office, on the same day he took his oath, IIRC. Carter should get the credit for that I would think.

BTW, I voted for Ronald Reagan, and thought he was an OK president, nothing to write home about, but not a bad president. I liked him though. Don't you think it's funny that regardless which president one praises, someone will say, WHAT??? and then list all the things that that president did wrong. I often wonder why anyone would want to be president.

Gayle in Md....wrong about the Brady Bill....

Deeman3
02-03-2006, 06:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Please explain to me why Reagan always seems to get the credit for bringing the hostages home, when they were released before he actually took office, on the same day he took his oath, IIRC. Carter should get the credit for that I would think. <font color="blue"> Gayle, No. It was very clear that the hostages were released becuase Reagan was elected, sort of a last slap at Carter by Komeni. </font color>

BTW, I voted for Ronald Reagan, and thought he was an OK president, nothing to write home about, but not a bad president. I liked him though. Don't you think it's funny that regardless which president one praises, someone will say, WHAT??? and then list all the things that that president did wrong. I often wonder why anyone would want to be president. <font color="blue"> I agree, I don't know any rational person who would run for that amount of abuse, no matter what their politics. </font color>

Gayle in Md....wrong about the Brady Bill....

<hr /></blockquote>

SpiderMan
02-03-2006, 03:38 PM
If you'll run in the primaries against Hillary, I'll declare a party affiliation and vote for you!

SpiderMan