PDA

View Full Version : Jack White's wife has passed on...

Scott Lee
02-01-2006, 09:53 PM
I am sad to report that Mollie White, beloved wife of trick shot artist and billiards showman, Jack White, passed away on January 12th. I just heard about it recently, but spoke with Jack about a week before Mollie died, and knew it was coming. I know that Jack will be lost without Mollie. They were a truly happily married couple for just short of 50 years. Mollie traveled with Jack all over the world, and they had innumerable friends, many of which were high political and/or military figures...even roylaty. Jack is the ONLY American poolplayer EVER to do a command performance for the Queen of England (which was only about 10 or 12 years ago). He also performed for the President in the White House...although there were a couple of others who can claim that too. Jack introduced me to what pool CAN be, and I will be forever grateful for that. The honor of taking over his tour is something I treasure, and I can only hope to be 10% as popular and good for the game, as he was...but I'll be happily doing this for a long time to come! Jack touched thousands of us 'pool kooks' over the decades of traveling and performing. I don't know if this will be the end of his touring or not. I do know that without Mollie, a light has gone out in his life!

Scott Lee

Billy
02-02-2006, 04:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> I am sad to report that Mollie White, beloved wife of trick shot artist and billiards showman, Jack White, passed away on January 12th. I just heard about it recently, but spoke with Jack about a week before Mollie died, and knew it was coming. I know that Jack will be lost without Mollie. They were a truly happily married couple for just short of 50 years. Mollie traveled with Jack all over the world, and they had innumerable friends, many of which were high political and/or military figures...even roylaty. Jack is the ONLY American poolplayer EVER to do a command performance for the Queen of England (which was only about 10 or 12 years ago). He also performed for the President in the White House...although there were a couple of others who can claim that too. Jack introduced me to what pool CAN be, and I will be forever grateful for that. The honor of taking over his tour is something I treasure, and I can only hope to be 10% as popular and good for the game, as he was...but I'll be happily doing this for a long time to come! Jack touched thousands of us 'pool kooks' over the decades of traveling and performing. I don't know if this will be the end of his touring or not. I do know that without Mollie, a light has gone out in his life!

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

after a lengthy relationship you lose the better half, a light certainly extinguishes

sincere condolences to Mr White

CarolNYC
02-02-2006, 04:07 AM
My sincere condolences,Scott!
Carol

Ralph S.
02-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Knowing you fairly well Scott, I am quite certain you were just as good of friends with Mollie as you are with Jack. Losing a friend is never easy. Mr.White and yourself have my sympathy and condolences.

Scott Lee
02-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Ralph...You're absolutely correct, and I'm quite sad that I did not get the chance to speak with Mollie before her stroke. Thanks for the call the other day. Good to hear from you, and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Scott