PDA

View Full Version : Make Up Warning to the ladies.

Gayle in MD
02-02-2006, 05:10 AM
I thought I might share this with the gals here. We all know there are all sorts of chemicals in our environment that make us ill, and so forth, but we don't always stop to think through every sneeze and cough, especially as we get older, we tend to chalk so much up to the normal process of aging, or some bug we've caught.

The last year and a half, I started to have a real problem with my eyes tearing up everytime I left the house. After reading the bug juice post, (Thanks for the post) I gave this problem a bit more thought, and realized that the face powder I had ordered from QVC was the problem. Not only does it make me sneeze, but the tearing eyes were really chronic. You wouldn't think that something like that could go on that long and one wouldn't make the connection. From now on, I am going to make every effort to remove as many chemicals as possible from my life. So if you notice some alergic reaction of some kind, check out your make up, ladies.

Gayle in Md.

Chopstick
02-02-2006, 06:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> You wouldn't think that something like that could go on that long and one wouldn't make the connection.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">What, like conservative politics and a growing economy? </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I know, I know...go stand in the corner with DeeMan. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DickLeonard
02-02-2006, 08:53 AM
Gayle I was given a Clinique Shaving Cream set as a Birthday present my face is still broken out hopefully my new medicine will solve the problem.####

eg8r
02-02-2006, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gayle I was given a Clinique Shaving Cream set as a Birthday present my face is still broken out hopefully my new medicine will solve the problem.#### <hr /></blockquote> LOL, medicine is not your answer, the answer is to quit using the Shaving Cream. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
02-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Interesting, how the right completely ignores the deficit, like it isn't even there. The right only looks at the numbers they like???

Gayle in Md.

SpiderMan
02-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Many of our everyday products contain stuff that may harm us. I didn't think that the "bug juice" was necessarily more alarming than other typical stuff, but it did make a good attention-grabbing story.

Isn't the main ingredient of Carnauba Wax, the basis of many finish products including cue wax, "bug juice"?

I don't know what it is about cosmetics that seems to draw this sort of thing, but I also believe that the ingredient which makes lipstick "creamy" was (and perhaps still is) some sort of oil/grease that is drained from inside the head of a whale.

SpiderMan

Chopstick
02-02-2006, 12:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>
I don't know what it is about cosmetics that seems to draw this sort of thing, but I also believe that the ingredient which makes lipstick "creamy" was (and perhaps still is) some sort of oil/grease that is drained from inside the head of a whale.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

Nope. Bat guano. Chapstick uses it too. My dad took a tour of Mammoth cave and that's what they told him it was used for.

SpiderMan
02-02-2006, 02:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

Nope. Bat guano. Chapstick uses it too. My dad took a tour of Mammoth cave and that's what they told him it was used for. <hr /></blockquote>

Of course, that's brilliant! Smear batshit on your chapped lips. Doesn't exactly promote healing, but at least you won't be tempted to lick them /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

SPetty
02-02-2006, 04:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Isn't the main ingredient of Carnauba Wax, the basis of many finish products including cue wax, "bug juice"?<hr /></blockquote>I'm pretty sure it's "tree juice"...

... and bat guano lip/chapstick is just dumb. But funny.

wolfdancer
02-04-2006, 01:01 AM
Dick, I can't find anything to corroborate the "bat guano usage in chapstick" claim...however I suspect it's the secret ingrediant in GWB's budget.
Googling "deficit and the tax cuts" brings up some scary info

Chopstick
02-04-2006, 06:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Isn't the main ingredient of Carnauba Wax, the basis of many finish products including cue wax, "bug juice"?<hr /></blockquote>I'm pretty sure it's "tree juice"...

... and bat guano lip/chapstick is just dumb. But funny. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Think that's funny. Look what you get in the add column over to the right when you google for it. </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bat Guano
Bargain Prices.
You want it, we got it!
BizRate.com

Fran Crimi
02-04-2006, 08:31 AM
See...that's what I mean about Google. And they're going to send their search results to Congress??? Not.

Fran