PDA

View Full Version : Longest game ever 8ball

supergreenman
02-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Last night playing league I got into a chess match my first game, my opponent must have traded 10-15 safetys each before I was able to put the game away, every ball that I sank was hard fought for. In the end the game must have lasted around a half an hour the rest of my team was almost done the second round of matches before I was done my first game.

What's the longest safety battle you remember having?

James

Bassn7
02-02-2006, 01:36 PM
1988, APA match, myself a 6 at the time against another APA 6 playing on a 9 foot table, 8-ball . . . 72 safeties! Really. Exhausting and I lost!

Snapshot9
02-03-2006, 08:11 AM
At the VNEA International Championships in Vegas, I had a game
where we played 18 safeties in a row. Each of us had 1 ball left with the 8 in the middle of the head end rail. I ended up winning the game, which won us the match as I was the anchor person for the team.

dg-in-centralpa
02-03-2006, 07:57 PM
I had a game earlier this year that went 15-18 safeties each. Many years ago I had a game that lasted almost 45 minutes. It was brutal.

DG

BigMal
02-04-2006, 01:03 PM
In the UK we used to regularly see 8 ball games lasting over an hour (depending on which set of rules were being played). My longest single rack in which I played was 94 minutes and I once counted two players who played 146 shots before pocketing a ball during a game I was refereeing!

Now a lot of places have changed the rules and games don't often last that long, but during the 80s and 90s it was commonplace.

Wyrd1951
02-05-2006, 01:22 AM
25 minutes. League play - barbox. opponent broke, made one and had 3/4 open shots. Easily could break up the problem balls. He chose to play safe! All I could think was, "He's NOT going to win this game". He didn't. My team had finished their round. They had 'played around us' and we were both up to play other people!