PDA

View Full Version : ok.. now i am confused...

ChrisOnline
02-02-2006, 02:05 PM
according to the rules, that you cant advertise or sell stuff belonging to any comercial whatever...

i do not own a buisness i am a private individual selling a few cues that i have.. so that is still grounds for the thread to be deleted?

so its ok.. for me to point out things other people are selling as long as i am not inviolved in it any way?

i am not looking for trouble i would just like clarification..

thanks.. chris

supergreenman
02-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Chris....
-a lot of people wake up in the morning to a radio/alarm clock, chances are you'll hear an advertisement within minutes of waking up.
- you go pick up the paper to read at breakfast and have to sort through all the ads just to find the news or something that interests you.
- some people turn on thier tv first thing in the morning, they're lucky to make it 5min with out and ad
-you get in your car and go to work and you're assaulted by advertisements on your radio, billboards on the side of the road, on buildings in bus shelters and on the sides of busses and cars.
-you turn on your computer at work and open your inbox and what do you see? spam (counted 58 messages in my junk mail folder this morning)
There's banners on websites and pop-ups

Is it too much to ask to have a space (Cue Chalk board) where we aren't being asked to consume?

In my opinion advertising should be exempt from any constitutional guarantee of freedom of expression, it's invasive and should be regulated better.

You were directed to a site where you can list your merchandise politely, please don't disrespect one of the few spaces in our lives that is reletively free of advertisement.

Once again azbilliards.com has a forum where you can list your stuff. please feel free to stay here and discuss pool related subjects to your hearts content. btw, there's a section for non pool related stuff here too.

James