PDA

View Full Version : High runs in 14-1 for the ladies

houseman
02-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Need onfo for a new page im doing on my web site about high runs in straight pool
need info for the ladies high runs. http://www.thebilliardstour.com/straight-pool-high-runs.html

know any, male or female ? please post here or email me from my site.

thanks
houseman

Bumps
02-02-2006, 06:29 PM
It's my understanding that Arthur "Babe" Cranfield ran over 600 along with Mike Eufemia. I'm not sure how you would go about verification on that, though. Anyone here from the Syracuse, NY area?

HarryDC
02-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Hello,

This player is one of the top 10 in the world and his profile for you.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/Gremlin711/ENGERT_THOMAS_UP.jpg
THOMAS ENGERT OF GERMANY 491 OFFICIAL /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Great guy!

The medals in top right hand corner refer to his total in European Pool Championships he has played in.

Hope that helps! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

houseman
02-02-2006, 09:03 PM
HarryDC,
Thanks already have Thomas listed, and yes he`s got game.

Voodoo Daddy
02-02-2006, 09:37 PM
You may wanna talk to Dick Leonard...I know I would!!!

DickLeonard
02-03-2006, 07:21 AM
Voodoo Daddy I expect to be in Valley Forge will be at Paul Dayton's Booth I will check your booth.####

Steve Lipsky
02-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Mickey,

I personally saw the latter half of Line Kvoersvik's (sp?) 116 at Amsterdam, about three years ago.

It was interesting because she exactly doubled her previous best of 58. It was a pretty run, too... not much trouble at all.

- Steve

Bob_Jewett
02-03-2006, 10:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote houseman:</font><hr> ... please post here or email me from my site. <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for organizing the list. It would be nice to have some additional info about the runs if available. Competition, exhibition or practice? Size of table?

Some additions/corrections:

Cranfield's high run (in practice) is listed as 768 in an article by Larry Moy.

Pete Margo (not on your list) had an exhibition run of 198 (this may not be his exhibition high, but it's the one I saw) in Brewster, NY in 1980 on a 4.5x9 Gold Crown.

The high run in competition is listed in the record books as 182 by Joe Procita in 1951.

If you're not Mr441, you should check out his similar request over in AZB.

DickLeonard
02-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Bob Jewett, ah yes Gloversville Joe Procita. Always wanted to know if he was a protege of Amsterdams Frank Taberski? I think Franks high run was 16 and safe. Just kidding I knew he ran 75 on a tough 5x10 in his room in Schenectady,NY.

houseman
02-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks to everyone who answered my post, I received some great information. even heard from Dick Leonard and John Schmidt. If you find out anymore just pm me.
thanks
again

02-04-2006, 09:10 AM
Jean Balukas' stated long run was 136; Ruth McGinniss', if I remember correctly, was about 10 balls less. Allison Fisher's long run in the 14.1 tournament in NY in 2000 was 60, and I don't know if she's ever run more. Jeanette Lee claims a long run over 100, too. GF

Williebetmore
02-05-2006, 02:34 PM
I believe the high run reported for a woman player is 152 for Jeanette Lee (versus sjm from AZB).

poolmouse
02-06-2006, 11:01 PM
jeanette ran over 100 twice...one run i believe was 128. the abc managers might have more info.

poolmouse

HALHOULE
02-07-2006, 02:23 AM
MIKE EUFEMIA, 626 RUN

DickLeonard
02-07-2006, 07:04 AM
071838 I told the Houseman I could remember seeing a Poster for Ruth McGinnes and it listed her high run at 126. It is strange that the mind can remember a picture/poster from 50 years ago and can't remember what I went to the store for.
####

HALHOULE
02-12-2006, 04:38 AM
Mike Eufemia ran 626 balls on a tight table in New York, NY. There were witnesses.

Bob_Jewett
02-13-2006, 02:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HALHOULE:</font><hr> Mike Eufemia ran 626 balls on a tight table in New York, NY. There were witnesses. <hr /></blockquote>
Eufemia only claimed 625.

02-14-2006, 09:28 AM
But no one saw the run from beginning to end, except for Eufemia himself. According to Billiards Digest historian Mike Shamos, this is one of the reasons his record has never been granted official status. GF

thepoolnerd
02-18-2006, 09:16 PM
If you don't think Allison can run more than 60 balls you are off your rocker. I've done it three times, and I'm a hacker. A straight pool high run is no longer a measure of the caliber of a player, since nobody plays it anymore. She could run 2-300 balls if she devoted herself to the game.

Rod
02-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Well, your screen name is appropriate .

Rod

Deeman3
02-19-2006, 08:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote thepoolnerd:</font><hr> If you don't think Allison can run more than 60 balls you are off your rocker. I've done it three times, and I'm a hacker. A straight pool high run is no longer a measure of the caliber of a player, since nobody plays it anymore. She could run 2-300 balls if she devoted herself to the game. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Mr. Fels is not off his rocker. He has done more for pool than you or I ever will. He was simply stating his knowledge of her highest run. Some of us on here may not deserve the respect of a "hacker" but you could afford a man who has written more books and articles than you have run balls a little more polite respect as he is one of few men I have known who only added to pool and never detracted from it.

If you do not believe 14.1 is still not a viable measure of a person's game, you are indeed a hacker. Those of us at Derby City saw great and exciting performances from very competitive pros that made 9 ball look like a child's game. I would challenge you and your three 60 plus runs to go to New York or Boston or L.A. and challenge the people no longer playing straight pool to an interesting match. People who think nine ball is everything are missing some of the great games in pool such as one pocket, banks even eight ball when played at a high level.

In fact, I don't believe a person capable of running in the 60's three times has so little appreciation of what that games takes! (Note: I'm probably calling you less than honest).</font color>

Deeman