PDA

View Full Version : Senior

Drop1
02-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Is there a tournament for people sixty and older?

Barbara
02-02-2006, 08:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Is there a tournament for people sixty and older? <hr /></blockquote>

Yep, Super Billiards Expo at Valley Forge.

www.superbilliardsexpo.com (http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com)

Barbara

Drop1
02-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Efren Reyes will be sixty in about 4 years,I think I will move it up to players sixty five or older. Here is the idea 20 people put $100 each month into a fund. At the end of the year they play for the $24,000. Money goes to the top half of the field. Winner takes $8000,and lowest payout is $1200. The bottom ten go home empty. If you die before the tournament,your money stays in the fund.Sorry heirs. Opinions? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
02-03-2006, 05:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Yep, Super Billiards Expo at Valley Forge.

www.superbilliardsexpo.com (http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com) <hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Efren Reyes will be sixty in about 4 years,I think I will move it up to players sixty five or older. <hr /></blockquote>
The seniors tournament at the Super Billiards Expo is actually for players, age 50 and up. You would have more than Efren to worry about, if they were amateurs. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

There is a senior tour, in Florida, run by Steve Mizerack. I'm not sure how many events they have.
http://www.azbilliards.com/2000tourmain.cfm?tournum=3

As far as your idea goes, you may have a hard time getting pool players to give you $100 each month, with no chance of winning something, for a year.

pooltchr
02-03-2006, 06:10 AM
50 is generally the minimum age for "senior" tournaments. Miz holds 1 each year in south Florida. We have a room in Raleigh (Babineau's) who does some, and I'm sure there are others. Since I'm 53, I would love to see more of them!
Steve

wolfdancer
02-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Do i send the $100 per month to Mexico, or to China?
And which country will host the tournament?

Drop1
02-03-2006, 10:34 AM
I don't want any money from anyone Rich R. There would have to be some type of account set up with some company like Pay Pal, I'm sure there are companies willing to engage in something of this nature. My intrest is for fun,and $100 a month taken automaticly from my credit card,would be no proplem. I think there are twenty people that might feel the same way. If someone would take the idea,and run with it,I would be happy as a pig in....well I would be /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif happy /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Drop1
02-03-2006, 10:35 AM
You play free.

Rich R.
02-03-2006, 07:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> I don't want any money from anyone Rich R. There would have to be some type of account set up with some company like Pay Pal, I'm sure there are companies willing to engage in something of this nature. My intrest is for fun,and $100 a month taken automaticly from my credit card,would be no proplem. I think there are twenty people that might feel the same way. If someone would take the idea,and run with it,I would be happy as a pig in....well I would be /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif happy /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Drop1, I didn't mean to imply that I didn't think you should hold the money. My point was, most pool players want a payoff within a couple days, at most, of putting up an entry fee for a tournament. Putting up $100 per month, and not having a payoff for a year, is not going to happen. It doesn't matter who is holding the cash. Sorry if you do not agree.

Drop1
02-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Rich R. I never thought you implied I shouldn't hold the money. The reason I would not be suitable is I'm really lazy. Now I know you are not sixty five,and find the idea of no quick pay off unbearable,but when you get to be sixty five like myself,and maybe a million or more people my age,you will find sometimes its the anticipation,and not the trophy. On the other hand I could be flat wrong. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rich R.
02-04-2006, 06:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr>Now I know you are not sixty five,and find the idea of no quick pay off unbearable,but when you get to be sixty five like myself,and maybe a million or more people my age,you will find sometimes its the anticipation,and not the trophy. On the other hand I could be flat wrong. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Drop1, you are correct, in that I am not yet 65. I am assuming, if I ever get to that age, I would want the payoff to be as quick as possible. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
When I get to that age, I will be sure to let you know how I feel. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HALHOULE
02-11-2006, 05:56 PM
With a birthday of 82 coming up, and the feeling that I have only nine minutes left anyway, let EFREN take my spot.