PDA

View Full Version : Wolfdancer need computer assistance

DickLeonard
02-03-2006, 07:54 AM
Wolfdancer I have 5 emails to be read but I cannot open them. Everytime I sign on to the board I am on 1/23/06 with DG in Cental PA. I change the posts to the last 2 days and when I comeback I have to do it again. I have to sign on everytime to post even though I click the box. Rod gave me a suggestion but that didn't work. ####

wolfdancer
02-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Dick, you mean it's like the movie "groundhog day"?
I'm basically computer illiterate, so I would be no help there. In fact, I read your post originally as
"Wd need(s)computer assistance" and wondered how you knew.
I used to get good info on my computer problems from Casey,
but he no longer posts here.

Fran Crimi
02-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Dick, somebody may have suggested this already but have you tried deleting your 'cookies?' You may have a corrupt one in there.

Through AOL, click on 'Settings' on the tool bar on top. Then click on 'internet [web] options. A box should open up. Click on 'delete cookies.'

Then sign off and restart your computer. When it restarts, go to the BD website. You'll have to sign in and and reset your preferences.

You may have to restart your computer one more time for all your preferences to kick-in.

Fran

Tom_In_Cincy
02-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Dick,
Check your Date settings. Make sure you are using the correct date.

Rod
02-03-2006, 01:13 PM
If the date isn't the problem make sure you allow cookies. Tools> Internet options> Privacy. I have mine set at medium. If you choose under the same tab> Advanced, you can set to accept first and third party cookies but it shouldn't be necessary. Other than that when I have problems I go to Cnet. Its possible your battery needs replaced but see what happens first.

Rod

jtlabs
02-03-2006, 02:54 PM
My first peace of advice is to stop using internet explorer. A better browser would be actually, firefox which you can download at mozilla.org and its a not much of a download at all. But it is just as good as IE and imho much better and safer for your computer.
Doing this simple step alone should fix that problem and probably many others.

Jal
02-03-2006, 04:13 PM
I had a similar problem on the RSB forum. It started happening after I installed the free AVG antivirus software, and disappeared as soon as I unistalled it. I never bothered to find what the exact cause was, but just never attempted to reinstall it.

If you've recently installed some new software, perhaps that is the problem.

Jim

supergreenman
02-03-2006, 06:35 PM
I use AVG and I've never had a problem. there is a bug flying around the internet right now, perhaps you were sticking your mouse where you shouldn't have been with out protection, I'd get that checked Wolf, your pc might need antibiotics. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tsk tsk tsk

wolfdancer
02-03-2006, 06:44 PM
I believes, Mr R. that Dick has the computer problem, and thought I could help.
I had AVG, no problems, but Adelphia provides a free anti everything that works fine

Jal
02-04-2006, 12:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote supergreenman:</font><hr> I use AVG and I've never had a problem. there is a bug flying around the internet right now, perhaps you were sticking your mouse where you shouldn't have been with out protection...<hr /></blockquote>AVG comes highly recommended and I did check Google to see if anyone else was having this problem, but apparently not. Nevertheless, I did uninstall and reinstall it a couple of times (it was well over a year ago when this happened) and the problem appeared and disappeared accordingly.

It just didn't like my computer...or maybe me.

Jim