PDA

View Full Version : Pool table selection??

Blake
02-04-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm in the market for a pool table, but have no idea which table to buy. I've heard that brunswick, olhausen and Connelly make the best tables. Don't really know how much truth there is to that. But if anyone could explain to me the difference, or better yet just let me know which one is the best one for the money. Looking to spend (2K-3K)

-Blake

Drop1
02-04-2006, 01:10 PM
What kind of chalk do you que with?

Blake
02-04-2006, 01:17 PM
The type of chalk you que with makes a difference in regards to table selection?

Deeman3
02-04-2006, 01:34 PM
You might check out Diamond table as well. They are exceptional.

Deeman
uses Masters

Drop1
02-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Of course,thats why Deeman3 uses Masters. Diamond is a very good table. They are sometimes available after a tournament,at a little higher price,but Diamond definatly should be looked at. Don't forget freight,and set up charges. I have heard good comments on all three tables you mentioned in your post,I would look for a used table also. Brusnswick has a limited edition table with a brass plack for $28,000.00. So you can see there is a broad range on information for you to explore. In the final analysis,its your knowledge that you will live with. I also use Masters,but unlike Deeman3, I miss a lot.

Dahl
11-09-2006, 03:49 PM
I've got a Brunswick Gold Crown in Marietta, OH, good shape with all the "stuff" $1200. mkingmarietta@hotmail.com or 740-373-2631

mantis
11-09-2006, 07:31 PM
I have a Brunswick Bradford that is all maple. The table plays very nicely. I think that most tables will play similarly as long as they are slate with decent construction. The difference in the quality is really how long they will last. If I am going to spend the money on a table, I would rather get the one that I can pass down to my kids if I take care of it, even if it costs a little extra to start. You aren't going to get that for under $2000 in a new table. The three listed above plus DIamond would certainly be my top 4, and ones you probably can't go wrong with. I would just look for the best deal amongst those, and go with the one you like the most,as it will be a major piece of furniture in your home. Don't forget a dehumidifer for spring and summer months if it is in a basement, and do not put it on a concrete floor. Each of theese brands will tell you why theirs is better, but all in all, they are all good tables. I looked and researched forever before I bought mine, and came to that conclusion. Plus I have always loved Brunswick, so I went with that!

SPetty
11-10-2006, 02:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mantis:</font><hr> Don't forget a dehumidifer for spring and summer months if it is in a basement, and do not put it on a concrete floor.<hr /></blockquote>I don't believe I've heard this bit of advice before. Don't put it on a concrete floor? Why not? Does this mean to put a rug or wood between the table and the concrete?

mantis
11-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Sorry,
I meant to clarify that. I did mean to have a rug or carpet underneath the table if it is on a concrete floor, as the moisture in the concrete will transfer to the wood if their is no layer between them. That of course would not be good for natural wood.