PDA

View Full Version : Valley Forge questions/help

snook
02-05-2006, 08:15 PM
so heres the story... i have a free roundtrip plane ticket to anywhere in the u.s. (air trans caused me some problmes) and since its only one ticket.. and i cant go anywhere with a friend... i thought why not go to a pool tourney! and i think valley forge sounds like the place to go!

heres my problem/dilema... if i fly down... i wont have any form of transportation... and being the college kid that i am... cant afford to catch a taxi everywhere.... or put myself up in my own hotel room for four nights...

so if theres any gentlemen that plan on going and would be willing to split a room/gas/whatever it would be greatly appreciated... as it is the only way i'll be able to go...

though please note theres a good chance, and i'll know very soon, that i'll be able to get free nights at a holiday inn in the area, if that helps anybody with their decision

i'm a 19 year old male with good manners and high hopes of being able to go...

thanks a lot.

Scott Lee
02-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Logan...Having been to Valley Forge several times, neither the Philadelphia airport, nor Baltimore (which are the two closest airports) are close to VF. Philly is a good hour, and Baltimore is about two hours. So, you'd have to find a way to get up to King of Prussia, to take advantage of your 'free' Holiday Inn room anyway. It's also possible that you might not be able to get into that hotel, as it is usually sold out for this event (which means they certainly wouldn't be giving out free rooms, when they can charge full rate for them). Not trying to discourage you, as much as let you know the reality. You might find someone in the Chicago area, who is driving, and you could share gas, and perhaps a hotel room with them. Many Chicago area players make the drive to VF every year. Try here, and also at azbilliards.com, to find someone. Save your plane ticket to fly to the beach another time! LOL

Scott

snook
02-06-2006, 10:32 PM
maybe i should change it to...

is there anybody going i can fly to that is willing to split expenses? since i dont really have to fly to v.f. i can go anywhere...

thanks for the honesty though scott, i appreciate it.