PDA

View Full Version : Commercials

dg-in-centralpa
02-05-2006, 08:17 PM
What was your favorite commercial? Mine was the FedEx. Sort of Pythonish. Some of the Bud ads were good.

DG - only watches for the commercials

wolfdancer
02-05-2006, 08:49 PM
DG, I've already forgotten the commercials, but my MVP
vote goes to the refs, who took the game away from Seattle
Two great plays by Pittsburg, two or three bad calls...game, set, match
AND... people actually pay scalpers rates....to see the Stones?
Some years back....many years back, a new bar had opened, and was hosting a New Year's Eve Gala. At the last moment, the scheduled band withdrew....and the best the owner could do....and this is a true story......he got a group from the local "old age" residence.....as I remember it, the drummer was 95 yrs old. After a few drinks though, they were so bad, it became fun.
Anyway, watching the Stones, I was thinking the same thing had happened....
I owe you a case of Pumpkin Beer

dg-in-centralpa
02-06-2006, 05:13 AM
Seattle had their chances. I don't think the touchdown by Big Ben was over the line, but the Zebra was right there watching. So what can you do.... I placed a bet on the game and won, although I didn't care who won. I'm not a fan of either team. One day my Dolphins will rise back to the top.

DG

Gayle in MD
02-06-2006, 10:02 PM
My favorite was the young Klydesdale thinking he was pulling the big carriage by himself for the first time!

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
02-07-2006, 01:01 AM
DG, how about the new gillete Razor commercial...5 blades
what's funny is this old Onion parody.....life imitates art??
web page (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33930)

pooltchr
02-07-2006, 06:05 AM
DG,
I agree, the Fedex commercial was one of the best, although overall, the commercials didn't seem up to the standards of past years.
Gayle, I liked that one too. I saw a clip prior to the game about how they made that commercial. They only had the horses for 3 days, and just barely got it filmed in that time.
Steve

dg-in-centralpa
02-07-2006, 11:32 AM
I missed the razor commercial. I'll have to look for it. I saw this from the Onion a while back. It's pretty good.

DG