PDA

View Full Version : Used Brunswick Gold Crown IV - Fair price?

Hud
02-07-2006, 09:03 AM
What is a "fair" price for a used 9' Gold Crown IV in great condition with ball return (see accessories included below). It is only a couple of years old and the owner (who bought it new) has had it in his home the whole time. (I have not, however, seen it, yet.)

"Table with return rails, the Brunswick Centennial Set (balls, 4 Brunswick sticks 18-21oz kind of beat up, a wood 8 ball rack and a wood 9 ball rack, bridge and short stick, horse hair brush, rule book), self-standing stick stand/corner table."

I have looked through a lot of past posts on this forum and on AZB and so I think I have a ballpark idea (which is that it is probably out of my price range), but I would really like to have my "idea" confirmed or destroyed by this board.

I would appreciate any advice or opinions you have. Actually, I might even tolerate a few facts, if I can use them to bring the price down. ;-)

Thanks!
Hud

Cueless Joey
02-07-2006, 09:12 AM
$4000 imo.

Paul_Mon
02-07-2006, 03:06 PM
If you can get it for $3500 or less, it's a good deal. It's going to cost you about $500-700 to have it disassembled, moved (a short distance) and installed with new cloth. What do you think is fair?

Paul Mon

OldieToo
02-07-2006, 03:40 PM
fair price? about 40% of retail. I'd offer him WAY less...then see if he bites...tells you to go to hell....or counters with HIS fair price.

Hud
02-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Paul_Mon & Cueless Joey ,

Thanks for the feedback!

From what I've see in my quick searching around, you both seem to be right in the thick of it. I've seen "Asking" prices for 9' GC IV's ranging from $3300 to $4500 - EBay, for instance currently has a 3 year old table at $3500, including accessories and lighting - with a "Buy It Now" price of $3850. As for actual "Selling" prices, I don't know for sure, but from reading the forums, "Selling" prices have ranged from $2275 to $4000 (although, I would imagine that the people talking about how much they paid are usually going to be the people who got the good deals).

I definitely agree that $3500 would be a good deal. I can also see, though, why $4000 might be a "fair" price since it may have a slightly higher value for the ball return (which although, I don't especially want, it does add to the price) and the fact that it has been pampered and not spent any time in a commercial setting.

Although, the important thing is to get a table you are comfortable with, it would also be nice to know that you are not paying too much. By the way, this is one of those irritating hypothetical questions, but assuming you were interested in buying this type of table, would you pay the $4000, if they insisted, or do you think waiting for a "good deal" is the way to go?

As for the moving costs, I was thinking it would only be about $350 or less to get it moved (it is local). Is that unreasonable? I was also hoping I wouldn't have to recloth it (it has Simonis on it - although I don't know which kind).

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Thanks again!
Hud

Cueless Joey
02-07-2006, 05:11 PM
If you are in the SoCal area, I know one person who might have better deals on GC II's and III's.
I know one person selling a IV too.

Hud
02-07-2006, 07:02 PM
OldieToo,

Sounds like great advice.

By the way, retail for 9' Gully Gold Crown IV is $9,099.00
and retail for Centennial Play Package is $669.00. So, 40% of retail is $3907. That $4k price sounds right in line with a "fair" price.

Thanks!
David

Hud
02-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Cueless Joey,

Thanks for the offer, but I am in the Dallas, Texas area.
(By the way, you nailed the price the guy is asking - $4k on the nose.)

Thanks anyway, though!
Hud

Paul_Mon
02-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Hud,
You've got to remember that thousands of these tables were made and sold to dealers for what you consider a "fair" price. Someone is always in need of quick cash and will sell for the fair price or less. IMO, the table with a ball return, a set of Centenials, Simonis cloth, a bunch of cues, rack and bridges is a deal at $3500. If you can get someone to set it up right for $350 you've got a good deal. In 100 years, barring extreme abuse, this table will still still be marketable. It's a Brunswick.

Paul Mon

gggjoker
02-07-2006, 09:25 PM
there are 5 Brunswick Goldcrown IV High-Tech bought in 2001. The actual owner received those tables from a bankruptcy. He doesnt know anything about billiard and he is wondering what to do with those tables. He sells the whole pack for CHF 15000 (which means nearly 2300$ each) including special chairs and normal lamps. I see only one BIG problem. You should import those tables from Switzerland. In order to answer to your question, 4000$ is fair if the seller is responsible to dismantle and to assemble.

pinballkoenig
04-30-2006, 10:12 AM
Are those table still around? I'm in Germany. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif