PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Flights To Central America

SnakebyteXX
02-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Cheap Flights To Central America

Are you looking for someplace warm to visit this winter? Ever want to explore Costa Rica, Belize, or Guatemala?

Normally those destinations are outrageously expensive, like $700 round-trip or more plus taxes. But right now, you can fly on American from US Air hub cities for about half the normal fare thanks to a sudden, unadvertised fare war between American and USAir.

USAir (www.usair.com) has reduced fares to Belize City (BZE), Guatemala City (GUA); San Josй, Costa Rica (SJO); and Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR) pretty much system-wide.

This is an unadvertised sale. Travel at the lowest fares is valid Monday-Thursday; from now through June 15.

The extra icing on the cake? There's no advance purchase! Fares are slightly higher weekends. The USAir fares are good, but the real deals are American's (www.aa.com) retaliatory fares from Charlotte, Phoenix, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh.

AA's fares are 50-60% off normal levels, again with no advance purchase. Fares from Philadelphia, Charlotte, Phoenix, and Pittsburgh before taxes (which add about $60) include:

* Liberia, Costa Rica $315
* San Jose, Costa Rica $309
* Guatemala $303
* Belize $292

web page (http://insidecostarica.com/dailynews/2006/february/07/nac05.htm)
--------------------------------------------------

I hope no one takes offense at this post. Not trying to spam anyone. My wife and I travel to Central America about once a year. Belize and Costa Rica are both on our list of favorite countries to visit. The air fares mentioned in the article are really very low compared to what they normally run.

Snake