PDA

View Full Version : Quick joint question!

bznsharkie
02-07-2006, 10:07 PM
I recieved my new Mcdermott cue today and noticed it takes some effort to screw the shaft on. Once its all the way on its fine and it plays well, but is it bad that it takes a signifigant anount of effort to screw the two halves together?
Thanks,
Geoff

Rich R.
02-08-2006, 03:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bznsharkie:</font><hr> I recieved my new Mcdermott cue today and noticed it takes some effort to screw the shaft on. Once its all the way on its fine and it plays well, but is it bad that it takes a signifigant anount of effort to screw the two halves together?

Thanks,
Geoff <hr /></blockquote>
Geoff, try dabbing a little paste wax on the pin, before you screw your cue together.

BLACKHEART
02-08-2006, 08:22 AM
I assume you are talking about a Mcdermott, with the standard 3/8-10 joint, where the screw threds directly into the wood of the shaft. If so, adding any moisture, will swell the wood &amp; make the problem worse. You need to have someone run a tap in &amp; out of the threaded hole to recut the threds...JER

Big_Jon
02-09-2006, 03:42 PM
A tight 3/8-10 wood to wood is a good thing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jtlabs
02-09-2006, 06:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bznsharkie:</font><hr> I recieved my new Mcdermott cue today and noticed it takes some effort to screw the shaft on. Once its all the way on its fine and it plays well, but is it bad that it takes a signifigant anount of effort to screw the two halves together?
Thanks,
Geoff <hr /></blockquote>

Commentator: "Well we will get this match underway the minute bznsharkie gets his cue screwed together. I might be able to get a cue via UPS faster then he can screw that cue together jim."

Sorry, just had to do it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif